Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Blizzard's Titan Reset for 2016 & Official Statement

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

UPDATE: MMORPG.com reached out to Blizzard Entertainment and received the following in reply:

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We've always had a highly iterative development process, and the unannounced MMO is no exception. We've come to a point where we need to make some large design and technology changes to the game. We're using this opportunity to shift some of our resources to assist with other projects while the core team adapts our technology and tools to accommodate these new changes. Note that we haven’t announced any dates for the MMO.

This year's Blizzcon attendees hoping to finally hear more about Titan will be disappointed to hear that the project has been rebooted and is now looking at 2016 for release. Games Beat claims that a "source close to the project" gave them the information and that seventy of the one hundred employees on Titan have been reassigned to other projects for the time being.

Read more at Games Beat.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

Sounds like another Warcraft Adventures/Starcraft Ghost in the making.

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by SBFord

This year's Blizzcon attendees hoping to finally hear more about Titan will be disappointed to hear that the project has been rebooted and is now looking at 2016 for release. Games Beat claims that a "source close to the project" gave them the information and that seventy of the one hundred employees on Titan have been reassigned to other projects for the time being.

Read more at Games Beat.

Wasn't titan first mentioned in 2007? =o

9 years is a long time lol.

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Interesting news. I guess that means 2 more expacs WoW. And I also think blizzard might be missing the boat. Who knows what the state of mmos will be in 3 years. 
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    I say good call. There are too many games I want to play and don't have time for all.

gameplay > graphics

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    This REALLY makes me hopeful for EQNext, on a personal note.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    They just left a huge door wide open for WildStar

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Blizzard has to be one of the slowest developers ever. Granted, they usually make amazing games, but come on they could at least show some concept art and explain the lore behind Titan even if they are starting the rest of it from scratch.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

^

This

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284
    /agree with Bill
     :p 
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    This might be a good thng
  • Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

Originally posted by Roxtarr
    They just left a huge door wide open for WildStar

Totally agree...It's by far my most anticipated mmo this year.

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Well, if history is any indication of the future, only one more reboot to go before they can release the game. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Ruh Roh Raggy.
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Not that surprising.

What players expect from MMOs has changed really fast, though in general MMO design hasn't exactly been able to respond. For Blizzard, seeing as they started on the game's design years ago, it must be a frustratingly blurry moving target to hit.

Though, going back to the drawing board is one thing, and actually coming up with an answer is a whole other thing. I really doubt there's even a reliable answer out there somewhere (and not pipe dreams, but applicable ones).

Blizzard has been lucky in that they've been able to apply their brand of design to genres very smoothly up until now. Though with Diablo III the fans loudly called a strike. They need to think things through and step very carefully here, or they might end up just another mortal dev house. :)

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

This article of course assumes that anybody gives a sh*t about Titan anymore. Hate to break it to you, but that ship's sailed, circumvented the globe, and come back bearing exotic spices.

Titan hasn't been relevant to anyone but the most rabidly fervent of Blizzard fans in half a decade.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

Sounds like something I would say.
  • IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

Yep, first thing I thought about.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Def agree with EQnext being afforded space EQ2 never had. Hopefully the game can stand on its own though. 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Always EQNext to look forward to. If not then Wildstar possibly late 2013.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    After Cataclysm came out and still no word on Titan, I figured it was like Starcraft Ghost...dead.  I'm still waiting for Warcraft: The Movie.....
  • duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112
    Any AAA game that comes out in 2013 has a huge advantage in filling this vacuum.
  • dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    That's pretty shocking considering they've been developing it for something like close to 10 years now. That's hat huge amount of wasted money and time. Guess they don't want SWTOR to be #1 in that area either.
  • newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

I second that.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    cheap news for mmorpg.com, disappointed, wait at least until its confirmed and not some " close to source " news bullshit , those are made up 90% of the time and it doesnt matter if this one is real or not its just cheap press