Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some help deciding...

I used to play WoW but can't afford it anymore, I enjoyed the dungeon and raiding aspect of that game, and would probably still be playing it if i had the money, that being said, I am looking for an MMO that is F2P (I don't mind if it has freemium shit as long as it doesnt hinder my ability to have fun) Since I won't ever be buyign any of that freemium crap.

Right now I am looking at Neverwinter and Star Wars, but I cant decide on what I should go with. Any pointers? Am I missing a solid MMO somewhere?

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The Secret World has great dungeons and is B2P. It's around 30$ nowadays, but I've seen it sold for 15$.
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Not sure why you can't afford Wow since everything is on sale. Mists was going for $20 on some sites. $15 a month is not that big of a deal.  The longer you sit there and  wait for someone to tell you what you should play, you could have played both and made your own choice. Star wars and neverwinter are two different games.  If you want more Wow type play star wars. If you want action type play neverwinter. Make your own choices not someone else's.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

"but can't afford it anymore" - What. The. Frak ?!?

Thats like 15$/€ a month, or has anything changed about that ?

A lot cheaper than what I have to pay for internet access ... okay, maybe my country is especially expensive about that.

I play Vanguard: Saga of Heroes for 6€ a month now (year subscription). Thats AFAIK the by far cheapest way to play Vanguard. Freemium ? That means you'll have a lot of trouble to wear anything better than blue.

• tinithortinithor Member Posts: 4

I can barely afford to keep my internet turned on and pay the electric bill let alone an additional 15 dollars a month, I need that money for gas and food!

I have tried them, dude that said to try them, but I havnet been able to make it to the dungeon or raiding part of any of these games,and I want to make sure putting in the MANY hours to get there will be worth my time! 

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Maybe spend more hours getting a job to pay your bill than worrying how many hours it would take to get to a dungeon or raid.
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543

Lord of the rings online: good story behind it, big player base. Game type: freemium. Explanation: as f2p you get some restrictions that can be lifted by paying with ca$h or Turbine points. Turbine points may be acquired by paying with cash or doing deeds (like "kill 60 spiders"). I, as f2p, have paid nothing and earned some  5000 Turbine points. Yes, it required waiting for discounts and some 10 clones of mine...but I made it and now am doing deeds to purchase yet another quest pack.

• PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119

SWTOR or Rift in a month

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by tinithor

I can barely afford to keep my internet turned on and pay the electric bill let alone an additional 15 dollars a month, I need that money for gas and food!

I have tried them, dude that said to try them, but I havnet been able to make it to the dungeon or raiding part of any of these games,and I want to make sure putting in the MANY hours to get there will be worth my time! 

In no way whatsoever does this post have anything to do with 'Three Billy Goats Gruff' ... nothing.

........Though going along with the 'tale' I am most surprised being as hard up as you clearly are that you possess the hardware to run anything beyond Runescape. Maybe  if you took your small dog and cap out earlier in the day and banged out a note or two you might be able to scratch up the readies to pay. I can imagine the huge leaks in your barely existing roof plays havoc with your concentration with all the rain and birds flying in, flapping around and crapping everywhere. This of course means that your game zone would quickly become contaminated and your three day old pizza even more unappealing...

.....If it's down to gas and food then sell your Dodge Charger RT and eat less so that you can enter a door walking forwards ... that should at the very least cover your internet bill for years to come.....as for subscriptions, you could buy three.

.....I think there's is more Charles Dickens about you than what the Dicken's can I play.....hehehe

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

Wow... just wow... so much hubris in response posts. 

Dude, I feel your pain, times are tough and you still want to get your game on. Good for you.

Rift (going free to play) is similar to WoW fantasy-wize, and NW has it's ties to it as well; SWTOR is a SciFi WoW clone that is also pretty slick. I think your choice is Space or Dragons. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

For you 'I don't believe you cannot pony up $15/month' suckers... put your money where your ego is and send this bloke a year sub of WoW (his apparent game of choice). This WILL be the downfall of MMO's ... the community, or lack there of. They'd rather kick folks when there down, rather than encourage them to press on. Nice job. 

Thanks for the helpful responses. Looks like I can't go wrong with a few choices, and if I don't buy soda for a couple months then maybe save up for a b2p eventually, although I still have to so mg research into it.

Uhg, I honestly didn't realize how many MMO's were out there.... its quite overwhelming!

To all you who think that I am lying about my money situation, I hope you never have to expirience the level of poor that me and my gf expirience :(