Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally a game that deserves to be on the hype meter

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Grailer

Looks like GW2 ? or this -->

"NPCs at village are against with dragon. Some specific monsters attack to towns(or villages) sometimes. Of course, if town collapsed by monster, some of services which originally provided will be unavailable for a little term. "

This place is one of the dungeons in Serendia territory. As we introduced before, the great boss monster 'Czajka' is sleeping inside.
    The man with white robe is one of the priests who are in restraint of chained Czajka.
    You can find many imprisoned priests at scattered cells of dungeon and to make them free would be your main mission in this dungeon.

btw this is what GW2 looks like 

I did say 'improved'

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Looks pretty, though there have been many eastern mmos over the years that have looked pretty and turned out to be dull grind fests or have just lacked any real worthwhile game play, Tera springs to mind for me. So I'm not getting to hyped about this, if it gets a western publisher and I get to see abit more actual gameplay I may put this in my list of future mmos but until then I'll continue looking forward to the games I know are coming here soon, we will get archage long before we see this aswell as eso and wildstar.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by psiic

yea love how this game came out of nowhere and over one hour goes from not even being discusses on these forums to being #1 on the anticipated games. 

Personally I call bullshit.

Because you don't know about this mmo doesn't mean that many of us are the same lol, i've know about this game for ages and followed it.

Let me give you another heads up but this one you can follow from the now, that way you won't make silly comments like the above a year from now.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/05/wolfknights-imc-games-announces-new-3d-online-game/

Here's another- Black Gold: http://www.mmoculture.com/2013/04/black-gold-online-snail-games-to-showcase-new-game-at-e3-2013/

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Looks like a slightly improved GW2 with a more realistic style rather than artistic.

Real pretty, nice looking combat, great looking world, looks like they paid attention to character models and  laggy sieges.

Almost interesting. Almost. Still not worth a sub :P Tell me when they price it reasonably.

Not sure if serious.

Not that i agree with the un realistic hype being thrown around but from what i have seen in videos and screenshots..GW2 doesn't even come close.

Gameplay could turn out to be crap but in looks... it a lot more than just 'slight' improvement.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Thanks for putting this one on my radar! ^_^

;D Go Trailers Go!

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Risk Your Life!

I was trying to remember what game that was. Thanks. Man did that one BOMB!

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Riposte.This
    Sweet, another terrible Korean MMO that will be pumped out way too quick and be F2P. Another Ninth seal, or Raiderz be my guess.

Prejudice, hate, subjectivism...what else we got here

Historical reference.

If something happens over and over and over, then it starts becoming your problem if you don't see the pattern.

Does this mean that this game will be terrible? Not necessarily, but if we want to take an educated guess and observe Korean MMO track records, then it's very likely that it will continue along those lines.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Good luck to it, though the game is still in development. Graphically its amazing ,where a game designed in this year should be. Lets remember, the games this is being compared to started design 4 or 5 years go, it was the same unfair comparison when folk compared graphics with wow, wow is a 15 year old game, not to mention different style. 

Implementation will determine how long this game stays upon the raidar. Making videos is easy, but having a graphic engine that can maintain that level of detail with 50 people all over the world on screen will be the test.  

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

yea love how this game came out of nowhere and over one hour goes from not even being discusses on these forums to being #1 on the anticipated games. 

i say aswell, another one of those thats not gona last with pretty world ( some say ) only key feature.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Sweet, another terrible Korean MMO that will be pumped out way too quick and be F2P. Another Ninth seal, or Raiderz be my guess.

yea but what you actually have in this game that rises over everything else? nothing, create a pretty looking toon adventure in world for what? im tired of these players versus ai endgame only games. atleast world of warcraft tries to create faction war wich is the only fruit that can last more than honeymoon month.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Looks interesting. Need a lot more info before I make the call and I'm naturally weary of eastern developers. The combat looks cool, I wish they don't have animation rooting....it would immediately downgraded it for me.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by faxnadu

yea but what you actually have in this game that rises over everything else? nothing, create a pretty looking toon adventure in world for what? im tired of these players versus ai endgame only games. atleast world of warcraft tries to create faction war wich is the only fruit that can last more than honeymoon month.

From the youtube channel:

"Black Desert is a large scale of sandbox MMORPG that provides you a variety of unique experiences with spectacular action and battle, strategy-oriented castle siege, sophisticated simulation contents such as trade, NPC-hiring and real-estate management."

"Black Desert is a large scale of sandbox MMORPG"

"large scale of sandbox"

"sandbox"

that word alone is enough to set it apart from the other Korean MMOs and instill excitement in many of us.  This is not a word that is important to everyone, but to some it is EXTREMELY important.  I'll throw $50 at every developer that wants to make a game and describe it with that word.  I'm not the only one.

I get that it might not be your thing. But it is my thing.  It will probably suck.  But I know for a fact if it doesn't have that one word it has no chance of being great imo.  

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by faxnadu

From the youtube channel:

"Black Desert is a large scale of sandbox MMORPG that provides you a variety of unique experiences with spectacular action and battle, strategy-oriented castle siege, sophisticated simulation contents such as trade, NPC-hiring and real-estate management."

"Black Desert is a large scale of sandbox MMORPG"

"large scale of sandbox"

"sandbox"

that word alone is enough to set it apart from the other Korean MMOs and instill excitement in many of us.  This is not a word that is important to everyone, but to some it is EXTREMELY important.  I'll throw $50 at every developer that wants to make a game and describe it with that word.  I'm not the only one.

I get that it might not be your thing. But it is my thing.  It will probably suck.  But I know for a fact if it doesn't have that one word it has no chance of being great imo.  

Awesome!!! I wish folk would stop pooping in other folk cereal. If this game is out to be the biggest sandbox in the world, more power to you guys. I think sandbox folk have deserved a fantasy version of eve for a long time. 

I like how the guy who started this topic got shown he was very wrong, just once, and he stopped posting, despite the fact he was posting every other post til then.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Rusque

Historical reference.

If something happens over and over and over, then it starts becoming your problem if you don't see the pattern.

Does this mean that this game will be terrible? Not necessarily, but if we want to take an educated guess and observe Korean MMO track records, then it's very likely that it will continue along those lines.

Meh, the truth-value of the above would not change if "Korean" omitted (or replaced with "Western" when the topic was a game from a European or NA developer). Vide Sturgeon's Law.

I do wonder though if the people complaining about this game's aesthetics accidentally got redirected to a video for Tera, Aion, Blade & Soul or some such instead of the one linked. Character models, costuminng, weapon designs didn't strike me as being in anything like the East Asian fantasy-art style we generally associate with Korean MMORPGs. Hell, as someone else mentioned, a couple of the characters shown look like almost direct lifts from the Lord of the Rings movies.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I love how this is the #2 highest ranked game on this site on the hype meter in a very short time and I can see it going #1 once more information comes to light .

Like I predicted , this will become the best MMORPG ever created .

I'm happy about this.

It's making us CU backers look better by comparison. ^^

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

I'm happy about this.

Black Desert seems to atleast have some sort of established mechanics, design and gameplay laid out. CU is sadly just making the transition between being a concept and being developed. 

On the other hand, City State Entertainment are a lot more open about there progress so the backers will atleast know where their money and hype is going so it is hard to claim that it is unjustified hype.

Originally posted by asrlohz

I'm happy about this.

Black Desert seems to atleast have some sort of established mechanics, design and gameplay laid out. CU is sadly just making the transition between being a concept and being developed. 

On the other hand, City State Entertainment are a lot more open about there progress so the backers will atleast know where their money and hype is going so it is hard to claim that it is unjustified hype.

I didn't mean the game.

I meant the fans of this make, makes us CU Backers look better by comparison. I mean, this topic kinda  proves that, doesn't it?:P

Every game has hype, doesn't mean anything. Look at GW2. Hyped to hell and in the end a very well done themepark, but still a let down for fans of GW1. No one I knew who played GW1, still plays GW2, or played it for any length.

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Originally posted by asrlohz

I'm happy about this.

I didn't mean the game.

I meant the fans of this make, makes us CU Backers look better by comparison. I mean, this topic kinda  proves that, doesn't it?:P

Every game has hype, doesn't mean anything. Look at GW2. Hyped to hell and in the end a very well done themepark, but still a let down for fans of GW1. No one I knew who played GW1, still plays GW2, or played it for any length.

I didn't mean the game either. I meant the fans. But I agree with the majority of what you said.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

i follow their facebook page for almost 9 months their works is awesome and their respond to the community very good, also i love that their posts are also in english and not in koreans like other MMOs (ArcheAge f.e. )

also on their youtube you can see awesome videos and yes its the closest medieval-fantasy game which looks like EVE in sci-fi genre, if you see how their economy works you will understand, there is huge depth ..!

for Asia they have already found publishers and they want to come to West also, so i hope everything will go fine : )

the visuals are awesome, their story is average and yes their battle systems looks like Tera or Gw2, the only negative for me is the professions which looks like other fantasy games and they probably will be linear evolved, i would prefer more steampunk style with engineers, alchemists and gunners ...! anyway

also their system with the NPCs sounds extraordinary and reminds D&D ..!

also i have concerns about the houses and the tax system, cause the example of ArcheAge shows that easily could be a mess and a negative experience ...

• hatboxhatbox Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Forbes wrote several articles on Rift too. I guess Rift and Trion is just the bestest company ever right? Sorry bro, the game looks pretty mediocre no matter how much you want to slander anyone who disagrees with your opinion.

The game looks mediocre as opposed to what? Please enlighten us with what non mediocre MMO you're playing.

Also please feel free to link a  Forbes Rift article that is even comparably praiseworthy to the Black Desert one.

Rift/Trion is mediocre?  Compared to what??!  NeverWinter?? LOL. PLEASE.  The people at NeverWinter should go take a few lessons on many things from Trion, including customer service and how to make a game.  

I think Black Desert and ArchAge both show promise.  Can't wait to try them.   I gave NeverWinter a chance, invested in their game. Character to lvl 45. Until the old/new exploit/cat thing. I was out.  Here's the thing. If it doesn't interest you. move on, but why slam something that's not even out yet?  Go find something you think is the "bestest"

• duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Long overdo to be introduced to the west I preset to you: Black Desert or what ArcheAge should've been. These devs would die before they let a race car drive around in this world. In case you someone missed the amazing promo video, here you are:

The sad part is this game has more of a Dungeons and Dragons feel then Neverwinter ever will.

It is pretty clear that they borrowed heavily from FFXIV and LoTRO.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

oh yes lets all bandwagon another random game that no one has ever heard of or even played in english >>" cause that makes alot of sense.... 

if games actually lived up to their trailors fk... MO and other such games would be rocking it AAA titles right now....

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by cura

Hahaha perfectly this. People are ridiculous

Black Deserts pre-alpha trailers were so good they generated a cult following, people who were hyped about AA dropped that when the trailer came out and started following Black Desert because it has the depth of archeage with better combat and graphics.

The trailer videos have hundreds of thousands of views already.

The game will have player trade routes/NPC trade interaction, parkour, housing, sieges, action combat, mounted combat, amazing graphics, real-time weather system/storm system/day and night cycle that influences the game, etc, etc. That usually generates hype.