Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Just starting, problem patching?

Lethal920Lethal920 Fultonville, NYPosts: 112Member
I just installed EVE last night, and began downloading a 5.03 gig patch. Started it up again today, and it's now downloading a 5.03 gig patch from the start again....Unless there are two patches that are both that size, am I having a problem here?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis LondonPosts: 3,191Member
    Originally posted by Lethal920
    I just installed EVE last night, and began downloading a 5.03 gig patch. Started it up again today, and it's now downloading a 5.03 gig patch from the start again....Unless there are two patches that are both that size, am I having a problem here?

Um. OK It sounds like the first thing you downloaded wasn't the actual client but the installer. The client is about 5Gb. Then it rather sounds like you ran the installer again.

Have a look and see if you have a  C:Program Files (x86)CCPEVE folder.

Chances are your game is installed and ready to go.

However. CCP have also just released a new game launcher and there are a few problems with it...

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=238145&find=unread

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• AhnogAhnog Keller, TXPosts: 231Member Uncommon
    Delete the CCP folder and download the game again. There should be no patch.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,206Member Uncommon

there were some technical difficulties involving the launcher in the new patch...just download whatever it wants you to ownload and then see what happens.

it's not a 'forever error' kind of software by any means, in fact they gave out 50,000 free sp to everyone for the patcher delays :)