Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XBOX One in 1:40 Minutes

taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    That  was hilarious.
  • Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Not bad, not bad at all. After all this is a real multimedia platform, its not just gaming :) But nice getting words out of the context
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    That was quite accurate

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Another really funny video, eNjoy!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• EnchantedpalaceEnchantedpalace Member Posts: 4
    When it will be available? Can't wait.
  • superpainsuperpain Member Posts: 4
    I heard that they are going to launch it by June or July. Is it true guys?
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxdMQhDMIU

This Abridged version by the guy who made the PS4 one is probably my favorite.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

So they made a machine that connects to your TV that focuses at making everything you do on the TV cooler, what's the problem here?

I guess your phone shouldn't be able to play music, go on the internet and play games either?

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by khameleon

So they made a machine that connects to your TV that focuses at making everything you do on the TV cooler, what's the problem here?

I guess your phone shouldn't be able to play music, go on the internet and play games either?

The main problem is that this was their chance to show where they stand in the future of console gaming.  They instead just focused on things such as Television.  Even if they manage to do well at E3, gamers now know where they stand.  But this isn't just a random assertion on my part (well, actually, it was a rephrasing of someone I agreed with on another forum).

There is news going all around that MS has confirmed some troubling things that, if true, are pissing people off.  Now, I say this as a PC gamer who has sold his PS3 and Xbox360 some time ago due to never using it.  

These sources claim that one needs to have to connect to the internet once every 24 hours to play on the console.  You must also always have Kinect (or whatever it was) turned on and attached for the console to even work.  In addition, you will be unable to play used games on the console (you will have to pay a secondary fee) if the game was already installed on another system (which it checks with the mandatory 24 hour internet connection).  Add to that that the system specs are indefinitely inferior to the PS4 (which also sucks for us PC players, as the lowest common denominator will be chosen when making games so that they don't have extra work in making extra textures and using advanced graphics for the more powerful systems when the peak is finally reached).  This could be read up more in depth by Quizzical's thread located here:  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/385693/page/1

It's not something I really pay much attention to, but I would be pissed and almost heartbroken if I were an Xbox fan.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

My...T.v. connects to my t.v. and makes everything i do on my t.v. better....it's why it's called a smart t.v.

My GAME CONSOLE...should make everything I do with GAMES better.

Now you see the problem. It's like my dvd player trying to be a toaster.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• MondoA2JMondoA2J Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Toxia

My...T.v. connects to my t.v. and makes everything i do on my t.v. better....it's why it's called a smart t.v.

My GAME CONSOLE...should make everything I do with GAMES better.

Now you see the problem. It's like my dvd player trying to be a toaster.

This! lol

MMORPG Gamers/Developers need a reality check!

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Aye, the presentation is disappointing for gamers, but not so for the mass market.

It's time to accept the fact that this console isn't as dedicated to gaming as its competitors. It's a multi-purpose device that can also play games.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

MS teamed up with EA = The Empire

Sony teamed up with Blizzard/Activision/Squarenix = Rebel Alliance

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

LMFAO! Man I laughed so hard ahahahahaha shoulda been called XBOXSPORTSTV

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Hilarious video. Surprised MS didn't call it Xbox : Fail cause that's really what it's gonna be. Not that the PS4 is gonna be any better. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I already have a cable box for watching television. That includes sports and movies.

I already have to pay a monthly service fee to do that. I don't want to pay an additional service fee to do what I'm already able to do.

I can't help but think Microsoft is kind of flailing about, looking for additional revenue streams, but they are doing it by trying to get people to pay for things that people are already paying for, or that people can get for free.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Calla doodie?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Can't wait to get one, should be good stuff.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     I am not sure who they are aiming for with this stuff. Do they want my mother to buy an xbox for her to watch tv on?  The problem is not that the xbox can do these things.  You know what a VCR was really awesome for back in the day? It made a fantastic clock!  I never once heard Samsung brag about clock making skills though.  I think that they should focus on getting people who want to play video games... too buy it. Those are the only people who will buy it any ways. Do you know any non game player who would purchase something that is going to be this expensive for channel surfing?  You are better off hooking up a computer to your television
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by funyahns
     I am not sure who they are aiming for with this stuff. Do they want my mother to buy an xbox for her to watch tv on?  The problem is not that the xbox can do these things.  You know what a VCR was really awesome for back in the day? It made a fantastic clock!  I never once heard Samsung brag about clock making skills though.  I think that they should focus on getting people who want to play video games... too buy it. Those are the only people who will buy it any ways. Do you know any non game player who would purchase something that is going to be this expensive for channel surfing?  You are better off hooking up a computer to your television

Here's the instructions on how to set the clock on a VCR

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I think they hit every major chord with previous Xbox owners.

Halo - Check

Call of Duty - Check

Sports - Check

What else were you expecting? Fable?! A franchise that would probably do better on Playstation. At least it comes out on PC when they makem. I'm moving more and more towards strictly PC gaming myself. Unless Sony comes out with some great exclusives which they usually do. I couldn't live without my Little Big Planet!!

• gambe1gambe1 Member UncommonPosts: 123

They confirmed that television will only be available only in US at launch. Since i'm from small country in europe, i would probably have to wait years before it will be possibly to watch it. With fee for used games and required internet connection once every 24 hours to play games i just can't imagine my self buying xbox. 

PS4 sure looks like a better option at the moment

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    400-500 dollars to be able to watch television and play another COD online? Sign me up and make sure to include all additional services because obviously Microsoft assumes no customers that use the Xbox know about PCs. Probably it never came up near the watercoolers.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Xbox sligtly lesser hardware then PS4 - check
    Xbox less exclusive games then PS4 - check
    Xbox Kinect + Mic + Internet 100% on or no games can be played - check
    Xbox loan a game to a friend cost him money - check
    Xbox buying a 2nd hand game cost money - check

^these things do not go well with many many gamers...

Why on earth cant i play my friends game and vice versa without paying a damn fee ?

Why do i have to keep that kinect and Mic on 24/7 in my living room ? Bill Gates want to see me having sex with me wife ? want to hear what i have to say ?
    What is this nonsense ?

These where my 2 major concerns where MS is heading...

Ive been a gamer for roughly 29 years.....
    I played on the 1st computers that where pushing the industry.
    Commadore / Amiga / PC / Atari / Nintendo / Sega / and evrything in between....

Its games that sell consoles in my book...not the other way around.

PS4 got the ball now, i have a feeling they will roll over MS this war that Xbox need to drop their console price to stay competitive, they will sell that console for a loss or dont sell that much.

The only market where they might be doing ok is USA, here in Europe we dont have 2000 television channels, hell we are happy to have discovery HD / Animal Planet / and CSI like detective channel wichi forget the name.

F R A C K Television <---- People want G A M E S <----
    Big mistake MS....