Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: Canyon Network Map Deployed

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,626MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Slot canyons and steep valleys will be the perfect hiding spots for stealthy mechs with the deployment of the new Canyon Network map. Ambush will become the rule of the day. In addition, new mechs, paints, patterns and more have been included in the update.

Bordered by a metropolis on one side and a drop ship base on the other, the Canyon Network is essentially a rare green space in an otherwise arid landscape that doubles as a landfill.  The maglev route that bisects the canyon is the most efficient means to transport supplies and personnel across the expanse and is therefore more valuable captured than destroyed.  The Canyon Network is primed for snipers, surprise attacks and quick getaways.

Keep an eye on the MechWarrior Online site for more information.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• TekaelonTekaelon Brookhaven, MSPosts: 542Member Uncommon
    LOL that guy should do voice overs for all MWO's vids. It was like watching something on the travel channel. :)
  • BurntvetBurntvet Baltimore, MDPosts: 3,099Member Uncommon
    Too bad the game is still only a lobby shooter with P2W problems. If there is an IP that deserved a persistent world and full MMO gameplay, it is Battletech/Mechwarrior.
  • StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,290Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Too bad the game is still only a lobby shooter with P2W problems.

What pay to win problems? The game certainly has it's problems, but I don't think any of them are pay to win.

It's nice to finally see another new map coming. Hopefully some much needed bug fixes come with it, but I doubt it. Most likely we'll just get some more camo and cockpit items for the shop.

• HersaintHersaint Oak, WIPosts: 366Member
    Yeah I agree ..its not a MMORPG in my book, but have fun if you like the small arena battles.  Almost out of a hope for a MechWarrior universe game.

• ghettocelebghettoceleb brush prairie, WAPosts: 76Member Uncommon
    I have been playing this since early in the closed beta, and I have to say alot has changed and still is changing.  What's pay 2 win about this?  My brothers pays for the hero mechs and premium time for xp, but  I don't  and I still can manage to win. With a good team that is.
  • mistatomistato Casper, WYPosts: 9Member
    It isn't even close to p2w. GTFO . The shit that is only for mc purchases are shit anyways. The only reason ppl will buy into it is to get mechs faster which isn't on the same level as a mmo. Know your shit before you type. Good day sir!
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Colorado Springs, COPosts: 956Member
    i agree its not pay to win, but it is a lobby shooter and i prefer not to play those, i was hopeing for a open world MMO with this IP to be honest.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.