Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Picture any present MMORPG with features TERA has

NacarioNacario World Wide WebPosts: 217Member

I made this thread on the TERA EU forums.

Obviously we all are playing this game because it has something that could be unique and keeps us entertained. For me that is the somewhat shiny graphics combined with the combat and arena. Many of the other features I like could be expanded on, but these are my main. I was thinking how MMORPG X would be if it had TERAs combat, for example World of Warcraft.

Are there MMORPGs you would love to play, but just cant, because TERA offers something they dont have?

Comments

• VaporsVapors Fr.Posts: 407Member Uncommon
    WOW players don't like tryhard combat, they prefer this "ohhh i like it when its easy and i can smoke a joint meanwhile gameplay". Atleast this is what many answered me while i asked them why the play WOW.
  • AbrrahamAbrraham KopenhagenPosts: 149Member

I think Teras combat would have been perfect for SW:TOR. Too bad they didn't want to be innovative in terms of combat gameplay. I'd really loved to kill imps with my flying lightsaber by aiming or doding an attack actively. The politics system would fit to a game like this, too, of course adapted to Star Wars, 

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member

I like the art style of tera. The combat isn't as unique as it once was. At higher lvls it's combat is still very skill based and fun but It's not really alone in the action combat arena anymore.

I don't really play tab target mmos anymore, it's too boring for me so ...any mmo with tab target getting a tera upgrade would be an improvement for me. It's graphics and style wouldn't hurt either :P

TERAs story and lore sucked imo so I guess it could go both ways.

• stayontargetstayontarget Tacoma, WAPosts: 6,068Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nacario

I made this thread on the TERA EU forums.

Obviously we all are playing this game because it has something that could be unique and keeps us entertained. For me that is the somewhat shiny graphics combined with the combat and arena. Many of the other features I like could be expanded on, but these are my main. I was thinking how MMORPG X would be if it had TERAs combat, for example World of Warcraft.

Are there MMORPGs you would love to play, but just cant, because TERA offers something they dont have?

Well I have tried other games that I thought would be interesting but turned out to be meh ( bad character animations, world / character does not feel solid or heavy,  combat animations don't quite synch)  I could add a few more but what's the point if I can't past those in a game.

On a side note:  I would love to see a sandbox type game with tera's combat and animations.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Florence, KYPosts: 172Member
    Originally posted by Abrraham

I think Teras combat would have been perfect for SW:TOR. Too bad they didn't want to be innovative in terms of combat gameplay. I'd really loved to kill imps with my flying lightsaber by aiming or doding an attack actively. The politics system would fit to a game like this, too, of course adapted to Star Wars, 

Very well said.  Also the endgame of SWTOR could of been innovative but nope they followed the tried and true WoW method but were worse at it.

Tera on the other hand pretty much took WoW's boring, linear, quest hub design to a whole new level mediocrity.  Truly sad IMO.

Dear game devs:

If you want to innovate, you do so on the core MMO principles i.e. progression, combat and endgame.  To copy WoW on any of these is a failure because you're not gonna outdo WoW at WoW.

SUP