It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Being a 15 year old who has nothing better to do then write down what I think, I have come up with this concept:
* A 2d Mmorpg based in a sci-fi world, In a solar system.
* There will be 7 planets, each controlled by a "faction" at the start of the game itself, except for one planet.
* The game will have little usage of npcs, Except for creatures and monsters which can be killed for supplies.
* The 7th planet will be "neutral" A trading hub of sorts, aswell as the planet where new players will start. Here, players will be approached by "Diplomats" from the factions, which also happen to be real players. To prevent factions from spamming players, new players can only talk to Diplomats who are present on the planet until they choose a faction. However, they are greeted with the option to go on a solo path.
* The factions will each have seperate motives and goals which can pertain to the players interest for what they would like to play as.
A faction could be religious, wanting to bring peace and spread the word of their god.
A faction could want to rule over the solar system, wanting to invade those who oppose them.
* Factions positions of power, at first, will be ran by administrators or GM's. Within the first 3 months, a leader willbe elected by the members of that faction based on those "campaigning" for leader. Other powerful positions in the faction will be determined base on the leader, for example, he could hold a vote, or choose them himself. Leaders will be regulated by GM'S, obviously, or this system would be horribly flawed.
* There will be asteroid fields, cosmos, rogue planets, and other things occuring throughout the solar system. Each of them will most likely be used for resource gathering, since more than likely one or more of the factions will be a mining faction, or a trade group.
* Players produce everything after the first 3 months, however, within the first 3 months, there will be npcs which give out gear to players to help them do this. The first 3 months is basically a time of peace and prosperity, where players learn how the mechanics work, and resources are put into the game.
* By producing everything, this can be somewhat literal. Miners collecting Iron, which will be refined into plating, and sent to a ship manufacturer is a example. Resources are regenerated once every 6 months, and can be found on asteroids, in cosmos, rogue planets, normal planets, and stray meteors. (At this point, the only npcs will be creatures to kill for supplies, Merchants should have markets setup across the solar system, and factions should be self sustaining to provide to their members.
* Combat is open, no hot bar, completely controlled by the player. It will not be to complicated, however, performing a left uppercut specifically, or dodging and shooting while dodging will be tough to grasp, but once mastered, it is a rewarding experience.
* There will be 3 profession trees, which I will try my best to explain. First, there are "Main Professions" which can be broken down into "Sub professions" and sub professions are broken down to "Expanded Sub Professions" Main professions are very general, including:
Those are just examples, the main professions are not set in stone, and to be determined.
Some sub professions could be:
Expanded sub professions could be:
Artisan-Weapon Smith- Rifles
Again, these are just general.
- I will edit and expand this as time goes on, I will use this thread as a way to document my ideas for this. I will answer any questions you have. And yes, this is a sandbox world.