Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox ONE

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well i don't really console game..

I do have a 360 but only because its something my x brought me for xmas one year haha.. I did enjoy the Forza games but that would not make me buy one..

Anyway I wont be buying a PS4 or an Xbox one.. Also why did they call it an Xbox one?

the fact that both PS4 and xbox are both based on PC hardware is a very good thing, it means games will be easy to port both ways so hopefully we might get to see some decent console ports to PC and vice versa..

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62
    They are reaching out for the casual.
  • NomYouNomYou Member Posts: 2

Found Machinima video. Inside Gaming is just epic :D

Well, I'm still going to stick with my sexy pc, but the Xbox One looks very cool. Let's see what the price will be.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Originally posted by AlBQuirky
    Did ANY gamers ask for these features? Really?
    Decades ago. And we got it. We called it a "PC". lol
    ROTFLMAO

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The Dev studio that starts making quality games for the PC with game controllers in mind, will win a big share in the market.

I bet my left nut that a big chunk of gamers will change to the PC in this next generation of consoles.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Lol, Microsoft, just lol! Someone send Balmer to mental institution asap.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Garbage system.  They're sooooo fucked haha.  Better start trying to backpedal and change the retarded always-online crap.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Sulaa
    Originally posted by Precusor

Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

Geez..

I have an feeling that this has something to do with patent that allow camers / kinect-like devices to check HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SITTING IN FRONT OF CONSOLE / TV.     Now group that with "DRM" and "face recognition" and "privacy"  :E

BUSTED!!  you have caught them!!  the US government is working with Microsoft to get XBox One in every US household so that they can monitor all activity through the Kinect.  

US + MS + Cloud = best, largest bad-guy database and profiling system in the world!!

USA USA USA!!!

Sz

:o)

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    It is obvious to me that Microsoft has kicked gamers to the curb.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

I've never owned a console and I don't see any reason to buy this ONE either. Just connect a PC to your TV if you really want to sit on the couch and a game pad to your PC if you prefer that for some games.

Parents: do your kids a favour and get them a PC instead, they'll learn some useful things on a PC as well.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

TELEVISION TV TV TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS CALL OF DUTY CALL OF DUTY DOG DOG DOG DOG DOG TV TV TV

Here is a description of Xbox One

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I just thought of something when I woke up this morning...They're going to make it so you can only have games on one system right?  The 360 was a break-down machine (at least my THREE were, I posted them all earlier)....so does that mean when (not if) the Xbox One breaks down and you have to go purchase another one to replace it, you'll have to go buy all new games as well?  WOW, now that's greed!
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I just thought of something when I woke up this morning...They're going to make it so you can only have games on one system right?  The 360 was a break-down machine (at least my THREE were, I posted them all earlier)....so does that mean when (not if) the Xbox One breaks down and you have to go purchase another one to replace it, you'll have to go buy all new games as well?  WOW, now that's greed!

I dunno, but they've confirmed 1)  All games need to be installed 2) That the One has only a 500Gb harddrive that cannot be replaced.

Therefore... what 60Gb Blu Ray installed/decompressed.  Let's just say 60Gb.  That's less than 10 games installed/playable at any given time.  Then you'll have to hook up a USB3 harddrive to the system.  I'm sure they'll figure a way to make it only "Xbox" brand expandable harddrives.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    Enjoy!

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    An another funny one:

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I dunno, but they've confirmed 1)  All games need to be installed 2) That the One has only a 500Gb harddrive that cannot be replaced.

Therefore... what 60Gb Blu Ray installed/decompressed.  Let's just say 60Gb.  That's less than 10 games installed/playable at any given time.  Then you'll have to hook up a USB3 harddrive to the system.  I'm sure they'll figure a way to make it only "Xbox" brand expandable harddrives.

I don't believe they have confirmed yet that all games need to be installed, but they have confirmed that  “hard drives in the Xbox One are non-user-serviceable.” To make up for that, they say that it will support external storage through the USB 3.0 ports. I'd rather be able to replace the hard drive myself, but since I won't be buying ONE, it doesn't matter to me.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

LOL Taus you made my morning full of laughter.  Well that and Stand Up Guys... either way.. off to work.

Originally posted by Brachus

I don't believe they have confirmed yet that all games need to be installed, but they have confirmed that  “hard drives in the Xbox One are non-user-serviceable.” To make up for that, they say that it will support external storage through the USB 3.0 ports. I'd rather be able to replace the hard drive myself, but since I won't be buying ONE, it doesn't matter to me.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Xbox-One-Game-Discs-Install,22690.html

• Goji1985Goji1985 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    crap,crap,and more crap
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

The OP post is missing a fact, the xbox one -must- be online once In every 24 hours.  no online= no play, not even single player games. 

anyone buying a xbox one is basically signing  a contract  asking to be Irritated and annoyed as that will happen at least once.

I wonder how they are going to enforce their resale of games policy in Europe since its bin a court verdict (on European level) that games may be sold from and  to other consumers (re-sale), they probably found some hole in the laws they are going to exploit is my guess, something like: yes you can sell you're game to him but he's got to buy a new account bind code from us... just 35,99! 

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Butregenyo
    i am not impressed at all. too much focus on the non gaming features. ps3's reveal was a lot better imo showing the games instead of focusing on the `box`. And now they have the upper hand while showing their machine for the first time :P

focus of non gaming features is the key, sinc eps4 is trying to be focused only on gamers wich in console language means casual couch joe.

id rather and alaways play my games on my study with proper equipment wich i can swap whenever i feel like it and use xbox one as multimedia device on my living room. eventho i still havent decided wich one but it heavily looks at this point its going to be xone.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by taus01
    Enjoy!

"XBOX go home." LOL!

And when I say LOL, I literally mean I'm laughing out loud!  My girlfriend just told me to shut up.. hehe

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Originally posted by faxnadu
    i am not impressed at all. too much focus on the non gaming features. ps3's reveal was a lot better imo showing the games instead of focusing on the `box`. And now they have the upper hand while showing their machine for the first time :P

focus of non gaming features is the key, sinc eps4 is trying to be focused only on gamers wich in console language means casual couch joe.

id rather and alaways play my games on my study with proper equipment wich i can swap whenever i feel like it and use xbox one as multimedia device on my living room. eventho i still havent decided wich one but it heavily looks at this point its going to be xone.

you have no concern at all that you cant buy cheaper games from friends or that you cant even use you're multimedia device (xbox) if there is something wrong whit you're ISP , no movies, no games, no multimedia at all. just use the power button 

and btw, aint a xbox one a bit much for a simple multimedia device? bit overkill on the hardware except the storage , that for a multimedia device is extreme low (500gb storage) 

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Them scientists always said PC would be better than consoles. Doesnt look like thats changing just yet.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Eladi
    Originally posted by faxnadu

you have no concern at all that you cant buy cheaper games from friends or that you cant even use you're multimedia device (xbox) if there is something wrong whit you're ISP , no movies, no games, no multimedia at all. just use the power button 

and btw, aint a xbox one a bit much for a simple multimedia device? bit overkill on the hardware except the storage , that for a multimedia device is extreme low (500gb storage) 

There are still going to be plenty  of blind xbox fanboys and girls.. Hopefully they see the light and switch sides ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

HIGHLIGHTS:

- You can no longer play your Xbox 360 titles on this new Xbox One.

- You can no longer play your Xbox Live Arcade games on this new console.

- The console will not work without the Kinnect attached to it.

- The Xbox One will feature games in bluray discs (25gb to 50gb in size) and games MUST be installed on the tiny 500gb hard drive.

- If you want to play Pre-Owned games, even after buying those games, you MUST pay a fee to install them on your console, meaning not only you pay for the second hand game but must also pay another fee just to be able to use it.

- Xbox One will rely heavily on social networks, making it a portable Facebook.

- Redesigned controller will have better button response and cross section directional pad.

- Heavily focused on watching TV and Sports/Movies, making it less of a console and more of a TiVo/TV Box.

Microsoft have gone the “muscle car” route with Xbox One. Yes, it may have quite a big engine and bodywork, but it is a beast to drive and likely to develop engine issues all to soon.

Yes, People, I will write it here. Microsoft are going to blow it with this console. They are going to lose all the indie and small game developers who will hop on the gamer friendly PS4.

In recent years Microsoft has started to lose it as a software company and this will lose the respect they got from Xbox 360. I will be flying the Japanese   console flag happily with a PS4 purchase this year, I don’t need a big ugly Pontiac hooked up to my Smart TV. Definitely unlikely to impress in Europe or Asia, but maybe USA will save Microsoft from oblivion here.