Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Open Beta to Kick Off on May 30th

13»

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    People who say it feels like Alpha have no idea what a real Alpha test is like. I have played Alpha tests before, most of the game is missing. And I mean MOST like not even having combat activated yet lol. This game is absolutely nothing like an alpha test.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    People who say it feels like Alpha have no idea what a real Alpha test is like. I have played Alpha tests before, most of the game is missing. And I mean MOST like not even having combat activated yet lol. This game is absolutely nothing like an alpha test.

Yeah, this game is mostly finished, its just untranslated and not optimised yet. I guess with a F2P model you can afford to just get it out the door and keep working on it, because there is no barrier to re-entry. Not ideal, but maybe essential.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by ZeGerman
    Originally posted by FlyByKnight

I grew up loving movies like Ninja Scroll, cartoons like Robotech.

I used to get pretty excited when I saw cool Asian styled mmorpgs and games.  That's before I started learning from experience how terrible it is dealing with Korean/Chinese/Japanese developers and the American Publishers who make pretend they have control.  They're just opportunistic cash grabbers who are translating content from another culture that could give 2 shits about gamers in the US.  It's just a sad truth.

• Translation will be deplorable, with American publisher taking liberties where it's not necessary
    • It will be sloppily censored because Asian developers are dirty old men, who  fantasize about child like women and sexually ambiguous men.
    • We'll get updates 2 years after they've already been released
    • Critical bugs won't get managed unless they stop the American publishers revenue stream
    • Game won't be optimized to run properly
    • The net code will be abysmal because Asian devs don't take Americas shitty infrastructure into consideration.
    • The G-Word (rhymes with mind)
    It's happened in Aion, Tera, Phantasy Star Online, and will most likely happen in Blade N Soul, Archeage, and Dragon's Prophet.

As much as it pains me.  I will be steering clear of all Asian dev'ed releases.

While i had my problems with this game, this dude is just a bitter person.  He listed Aion, Tera, and PSO as having the issues he stated above completely unfairly, (unless your talking about the PC version of PSO in which case shame of you for having high expectations of a console game ported to PC).

AIon and Tera are grinds i will give you that, however translation issues and bugs in those games were resolved very quickly and there were significant content patches made to both of those games.  Anyone who played aion before and after 2.0 were never have made those comments.

Yes if you are offended by scantly dressed women and can't deal with grinding don't play Asian mmo's.  Oh and if your internet sucks then don't complain about games running slow, games like aion and tera were cutting edge graphics at their time so of course they required better computers and better internet.

i agree he sounds bitter and cynical, but i am personally more troubled by the quote i highlighted above.

while i am pretty straight'n'narrow sexually, and certainly dont condone pedophilic tendencies in anyone, i do have friends who are most decidedly not dirty old men because they prefer sexually ambiguous males. keep your personal homophobia where it belongs, in the closet.

as for grinds and ill prepared games im not so sure this is the worst game launch that we have seen, nor is it likely to be close.

for me personally the deal breaker with this game was that all housing will be placed in FFA PvP zones. i don't like being told how to play and when to play a particular way. when i want pvp i will do it for hours, when i dont want to ... well i simply dont want to and im not going to put money into something that forces me to do so.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

this game SUX, it's so disappointing i was expecting something else... i regret buying founders package >.<

• kDeviLkDeviL Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Wooh I can talk. It sucked! 

Okay, vague and a very terrible and fail way to describe it I know, but yeah... I'll give it the benefit it lacked a lot of translations and all that, its fine and understandable since it was in beta. The rest just felt so... bleh and meh...

I just wasn't all that impressed to be blunt. Maybe its just the character I was playing, it just didn't feel very smooth at all when I played with combat and just over-all a lackluster experience. Who knows though, perhaps it has improved a lot since I last played?

Still, given an open beta, no reason for people not to go and check it out. :)

Awesome!  Every time I see a post from you it's something negative about a game that I have really enjoyed, specifically GW2.  Thanks for filling me with hope on this one =D

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    And, as long as we can confirm there will be no character wipes and SC shop will be open, you can bet we'll be starting our review.

I look forward to reading the review in a few weeks.