Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Weekend Exploit Repaired

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

We reached out to Cryptic directly, and are awaiting a response.

"Open beta" or not, this is pretty suspect.

I hope MMORPG keeps on top of them.  Many players are unsatisfied with this "fix". 

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by daemon

I made tons on 2 accounts. Only 1 got banned though.. so yeah a poor job they did.

This is why I cannot stand F2P games.  You get banned on 1 account you start up an NEW free Account do the same thing.  When its P2P its easy to ban all accounts by 1 person.  F2P not so much.  

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Some are saying the bans are ongoing so those not banned yet may still be but yea smells like rug sweeping to me too.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    No mention of what happened to the many trillion AD that were generated and parked on 2 or 3 times removed storage toons or was converted to zen in recent weeks.
  • PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

SBFORD are you serious?

You reported that crap, you believe that? Take some time out of your day, do some real investigating and find out the truth and report that.... 

Here is a headstart for you;

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?267251-Neverwinter-will-be-the-2013

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Tredo

SBFORD are you serious?

You reported that crap, you believe that? Take some time out of your day, do some real investigating and find out the truth and report that.... 

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?267251-Neverwinter-will-be-the-2013

That doesn't look good.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    How can an honest player give money to the company at this point? And without that money how can the game survive? 
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wow just horrible, glad I stopped playing after 3 days if this is how they handle things.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Tredo

SBFORD are you serious?

Disgruntled gamers smell blood and raise rabble.  Cross site poster links to his own thread where he quotes a lot of other disgruntled forum handles as evidence that something horrible is going to happen.

That doesn't tell us anything.

It tells us that the are treating BETA as a launch and are ignoring those in BETA that have reported this exploit as the link above indicates.

Edit:

See Mr. Murphys' column "The BETA is a lie."

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7418/The-Beta-Is-a-Lie.html

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Having took the time to read up on this I decided to login and have a go at the game.after 5 mins I gave up and decided this fiasco has ruined it for me.decided to uninstall and that's me done..i cannot believe they are refusing to do a wipe and start again.what gets me is there will be loads of honest people feeling the same..has always the fucking low lifes ruin it for others.they are not happy getting a game for free with no sub fee they have totally destroyed the fuckin economy.

if they do a wipe I may come back but only if its a wipe.roll back is no good especially if the length of time this has being going on.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

I fully appreciate that you have limitations as to how far you can go regarding game or game company criticism. Your original post here is a typical example of this.

These posts have to be formatted in such a way as to avoid any possible damages litigation in the case of a negative review.

Whilst understanding these constraints, players may feel that your original post has not accurately reflected the full picture with this game introduction.

May I make a suggestion - that you carry out a warts and all review piece in the next month or so on the Neverwinter launch.

possible areas for investigation:

Early player feedback on major exploits that still appeared in the open beta.

The possibility that the AH/AD exploit existed in a previous PWE game, with this same mechanic carried across into NW.

The appropriateness and effectiveness of the subsequent fixes, temporary bans, short rollbacks. 

Hopefully something along these lines can be produced once all the immediate dust has settled.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Get'm Bill!  Don't let the talking heads prevail.  This is unacceptable.  

And shame on you people for encouraging the exploiters. [mod edit]

• Toxic2kToxic2k Member Posts: 16

3 days after nw went open beta, i accidentally bumped into this (-bid) exploit on a private forum. Too bad i didnt had the will to play it more than a couple of hours.

After reading some threads like this one, all nw fanboys posts, yep people are blind as a mole.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    removing 7 hours of a 3 week long exploit isn't repairing anything.

So if you knew bout this exploit as you claim for the last 3 weeks why didn't you say something to the rest of us here? Only reason i can see is if you were one of the exploiters using it.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Toxic2k

3 days after nw went open beta, i accidentally bumped into this (-bid) exploit on a private forum. Too bad i didnt had the will to play it more than a couple of hours.

After reading some threads like this one, all nw fanboys posts, yep people are blind as a mole.

Well at least your honest enough to admit that you kept this exploit a secret to yourself so you could and did exploit it rather then making it public so it could be fixed.

Fanbois maybe blind but what are exploiters like you? Pretty sure theres many descriptive termswe could use  but I'll let you try and paint yourself in the best possible light

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    removing 7 hours of a 3 week long exploit isn't repairing anything.

So if you knew bout this exploit as you claim for the last 3 weeks why didn't you say something to the rest of us here? Only reason i can see is if you were one of the exploiters using it.

Cryptic already knew about the trade exploit since STO.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    The bug was in STO months ago - they are just idiots or lazy developers.

Or both is more likely from what I am seeing.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Don't release a game in beta stage, devs.

Don't spend money on a game still in beta!

Fortunately I haven't spent a cent. In fact I've never even touched the game. The gameplay footage was enough to put me off.

The gameplay is actually quite fun. But maybe not to you. All of my fiends that have tried it think it's fun.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

It is suspect as they didn't fix anything!  They just plugged the hole and brought the service back online as fast as they could. All for the bottom line. Profitting!

1. The 7 hour rollback is a joke and nothing more than a token action. Pure for PR purposes. Especially since this exploit became Public at least 24 hours prior to the servers being taken Down! So People have been mass exploiting this for a hell lot longer than 7 hours!

2. The exploit existed since OBT started and the smart ones have been exploiting this very carefully and using tons of mule accounts to launder everything away.

3. They now gave out some perma bans. Again, just a token action for PR purposes, as only the Extreme cases of the last couple hours prior to shut Down got this perma ban. Most got away With just a 72 hour suspension! Absolutely hilarious, as it just means the ones that have been exploiting this the most and done so for weeks keep all their AD and get away With it. All due to the amount of accounts they have been using to spread it out.

But the most disturbing thing of this all, is how it all Plays directly in PWE's favor!

1. The AD/Zen Exchange ratio is back to 500 to 1 !

2. All Zen is gone, so People have to repopulate the AD/Zen Exchange With Zen again With "REAL" Money!

No matter how the most die hard fans try to Slice this. No matter how PWE and Cryptic try to PR spin this.  It's a Financial win/win situation for PWE's bottomline! Profit!

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by kevjards

Having took the time to read up on this I decided to login and have a go at the game.after 5 mins I gave up and decided this fiasco has ruined it for me.decided to uninstall and that's me done..i cannot believe they are refusing to do a wipe and start again.what gets me is there will be loads of honest people feeling the same..has always the fucking low lifes ruin it for others.they are not happy getting a game for free with no sub fee they have totally destroyed the fuckin economy.

if they do a wipe I may come back but only if its a wipe.roll back is no good especially if the length of time this has being going on.

Interesting, since none of the exploits could possibly affect you in your first 5 minutes of gameplay. Literally ZERO effect,.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

They should take some notes from Blizzard with the whole donating the ill-gained monies to a charity.  :P

Too late for that now with the rollback.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by kevjards

Interesting, since none of the exploits could possibly affect you in your first 5 minutes of gameplay. Literally ZERO effect,.

You need Astral Diamonds to chase the Nasher Gang that stole the crown! and to kill the big baddie thats stupid easy at the bridge... Remember? image

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456
    As I read thread upon thread about this I have to wonder, if this exploit truly did exist 3 or more weeks ago why did it not turn into this massive spectacle it is before yesterday? According to posts everyone knew about it, or better yet they heard that it apparently existed since closed beta. I haven't seen many of these posts claiming they actually knew about the exploit and reported it before yesterday. It leads me to conclude that it existed only a few days and that most are simply jumping on the hearsay bandwagon regurgitating what they've read over the past few days.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Cochran1
    As I read thread upon thread about this I have to wonder, if this exploit truly did exist 3 or more weeks ago why did it not turn into this massive spectacle it is before yesterday? According to posts everyone knew about it, or better yet they heard that it apparently existed since closed beta. I haven't seen many of these posts claiming they actually knew about the exploit and reported it before yesterday. It leads me to conclude that it existed only a few days and that most are simply jumping on the hearsay bandwagon regurgitating what they've read over the past few days.

People already posted proof about it. The bug also existed in STO. Their other game.

All build on the same engine, same toolset and running on same infrastructure.

Neverwinter is just copy pasted from STO and reskinned. STO was the test environment for the Foundry system. They even publically stated it that it was to test the waters for Neverwinter.

So a while ago they plugged the hole of this exploit in STO, but didn't think about plugging it in Neverwinter too.

Mismanagement at it's finest!

• officialfiveofficialfive Member UncommonPosts: 55

Thank you for looking into this Bill. I been beta testing and playing Neverwinter since day (1) one.  Racketeering is running out of control in free to play games. These gaming companies are preying on gamers (out of control) it is suspect.