Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers Of Caerus Will Be Way Better Then DF:Unholy Crap

This game does have a good concept, it fails delivering it. The gameplay also looks pathetic as I said before for melee gameplay, from videos I seen consists of constantly running around swinging your weapon, it looks clunky and stupid. Look at other MMO's melee gameplay, Elder Scrolls Online seems to have great gameplay as you are often in a stationary position when doing melee combat and it looks a lot more realistic. Still, ESO will onyl have open world pvp limited to Cyrodiil so I probably won't buy it.

This game is a huge pile of garbage, I have always wanted a great open world sandbox pvp MMO where you fight over controlled territory forge your own Empire with your clan. Sadly, the only games out right now that are like this are Mortal Online and DW:Unholy Wars, BOTH GARBAGE GAMES WITH CRAP GAMEPLAY.

I will have to see how The Repopulation turns out but I think that will end up having some clunky crap gameplay to.

I rest all hope in finally experiencing a good MMO that has territory control, sandbox and full loot pvp in this game. Embers of Caerus, the graphics look similar to Elder Scrolls Oblivion and that is great graphics for an MMO, I am sure it will look a lot better when it is released. It will be released in 2016, probably late 2016.

This game will defintantly blow crappy Darkcrap Unholy Shit out of the water. I bet many Darkfall players will switch to this game and UW wars will close not long after Embers of Caerus is released. This looks like it will be the most immersive and brutal mmo game with amazing gameplay, bone clashing high adrenaline intense gameplay , sort of like the first person melee combat you see in Age of Chilvary. Such an immersive feel will really bring you into the game unlike Darkfall Unholy Crap.

Any Dark fall player should really check this game out.

http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/212-Features There will be player build cities and 16 factions so it will be mayhem.

Comments

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Imperator101

It will be released in 2016, probably late 2016.

Hmm, that soon?

So you can relax and play world of warcraft for three years, while you wait for this wonder of the mmo universe. It looks like Mortal Online, so we can just pray it wont be like that game. But hey, if it fails, you can just wait another three years for a new game.

Haha, darn you guys got patience...2016...three years...

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by Hotjazz

Hmm, that soon?

So you can relax and play world of warcraft for three years, while you wait for this wonder of the mmo universe. It looks like Mortal Online, so we can just pray it wont be like that game. But hey, if it fails, you can just wait another three years for a new game.

Wrong.  Black Rock Lava is a upcoming sandbox / full loot PvP that finally got everything right.  It will be out in 2022. Just wait for that one. (Don't worry, the game is still in my imagination so I can still change anything as I see fit) 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Hmm, that soon?

Wrong.  Black Rock Lava is a upcoming sandbox / full loot PvP that finally got everything right.  It will be out in 2022. Just wait for that one. (Don't worry, the game is still in my imagination so I can still change anything as I see fit) 

start a kickstarter,  become a millionaire.  people nowadays will eat any shit that is thrown at them,  and they will throw there money back.

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440

Hmm, that soon?

I don't think they'll manage to release it in 2016, esp. that they're using in-house engine, and have no employees, just volunteers.

For comparison:

Here is Mortal Online "teaser produced using in-game content and technology" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaeyHgT-eY8) - 3 years before release.

Here is Darkfall gameplay 6 years before release - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU2ta1EsggE.

Both of them look much closer to finished game than current EoC stuff.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    constantly running around swinging your weapon, it looks clunky and stupid.
    Elder Scrolls Online seems to have great gameplay as you are often in a stationary position when doing melee combat

is this an intentional comedy post?

sounds like you are describing Braveheart..... or real life.

lol..... you ever see THAT in real life or a movie?  hahahahah

its a great way to die

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

The game you are looking for is called "Life is Feudal"

That game is promising as fuck, and they're honest about being far off from completion etc but it's promising!

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    This game does have a good concept, it fails delivering it. The gameplay also looks pathetic as I said before for melee gameplay, from videos I seen consists of constantly running around swinging your weapon, it looks clunky and stupid. Look at other MMO's melee gameplay, Elder Scrolls Online seems to have great gameplay as you are often in a stationary position when doing melee combat and it looks a lot more realistic. Still, ESO will onyl have open world pvp limited to Cyrodiil so I probably won't buy it.

This game is a huge pile of garbage, I have always wanted a great open world sandbox pvp MMO where you fight over controlled territory forge your own Empire with your clan. Sadly, the only games out right now that are like this are Mortal Online and DW:Unholy Wars, BOTH GARBAGE GAMES WITH CRAP GAMEPLAY.

I will have to see how The Repopulation turns out but I think that will end up having some clunky crap gameplay to.

I rest all hope in finally experiencing a good MMO that has territory control, sandbox and full loot pvp in this game. Embers of Caerus, the graphics look similar to Elder Scrolls Oblivion and that is great graphics for an MMO, I am sure it will look a lot better when it is released. It will be released in 2016, probably late 2016.

This game will defintantly blow crappy Darkcrap Unholy Shit out of the water. I bet many Darkfall players will switch to this game and UW wars will close not long after Embers of Caerus is released. This looks like it will be the most immersive and brutal mmo game with amazing gameplay, bone clashing high adrenaline intense gameplay , sort of like the first person melee combat you see in Age of Chilvary. Such an immersive feel will really bring you into the game unlike Darkfall Unholy Crap.

http://www.embersofcaerus.com/content.php/212-Features There will be player build cities and 16 factions so it will be mayhem.

I agree, it's nice to dream. But sadly one can't live on dreams only.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

This game will defintantly blow crappy Darkcrap Unholy Shit out of the water. I bet many Darkfall players will switch to this game and UW wars will close not long after Embers of Caerus is released. This looks like it will be the most immersive and brutal mmo game with amazing gameplay, bone clashing high adrenaline intense gameplay , sort of like the first person melee combat you see in Age of Chilvary. Such an immersive feel will really bring you into the game unlike Darkfall Unholy Crap

You must be new to MMOs. Welcome to the forums.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by corpusc
    Elder Scrolls Online seems to have great gameplay as you are often in a stationary position when doing melee combat

its a great way to die

It's too early to say if that EoC game will be even more playable then MO.

When it comes to real life and combat. DF is far from real life. The melee combat is so crap, because the game lacks any physics which would apply to your body while fighting. I have yet to see sword fights with people making constant 8's and turing their back to their opponent.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by muffins89
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

Hmm, that soon?

start a kickstarter,  become a millionaire.  people nowadays will eat any shit that is thrown at them,  and they will throw there money back.

One of the best post I have read in a long time. Can I use it in my sig?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    EoC is looking pretty good..  but still its pretty far off.. So we have no idea if it will be better than DF:UW.. even tho thats not a hard task as AV managed to mess up DF..
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

The link you provided had no gameplay.

I think this is a troll post.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

embers of caerus is only a bunch of dreams and words. not a game you can play.

and I have read those words, and honestly doesn't even sound anymore sandbox than darkfall. more interested in life is feudal personally.

My blog: image

• HiddenxdragonHiddenxdragon Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Only 2016? Man... Lets all wait!
  • UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    I like the concepts of EoC, but I have no confidence in it ever getting full funding and then getting released.  It will just end up being like another Mortal Online.  Great ideas, not enough resources to deliver.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

all MMOS Ive played that involved pvp and melee consisted of "constantly running around swinging your weapon" 

so your opinion is now invalid if that is your basis of judgement.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Blindchance
    Originally posted by corpusc

its a great way to die

It's too early to say if that EoC game will be even more playable then MO.

When it comes to real life and combat. DF is far from real life. The melee combat is so crap, because the game lacks any physics which would apply to your body while fighting. I have yet to see sword fights with people making constant 8's and turing their back to their opponent.

who said DF was like real life?  was that what YOU were expecting from it?  you need to moderate yourself if that's how you think.

i said "constantly running around swinging your weapon" was a ridiculous slam.

Corpus Callosum    

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

This game looks very interesting. Looking forward to it.

DF UW is not hardcore enough to me and embers of something is gonna give me what i want. Can't wait.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Reminder:

dont compar this to mortal online. They won't make the same mistake and one of them is using the unreal engine to make an mmorpg lol.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770
    Looking for a open world PvP sandbox with territory control and clan city building?

Look no further!
    Check out Pathfinder Online...

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Reminder:

dont compar this to mortal online. They won't make the same mistake and one of them is using the unreal engine to make an mmorpg lol.

err whats wrong with using the unreal engine?You do realize its been used in quite a few mmos and works fine.

The devs just needed to hire better people.. sadly without the cash they could not do that..

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Rating a pre-alpha game as it is the best out there is a bit....well not so smart.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I stopped reading your post OP, after you said "Stationary melee is good"

*rubs temples*

Personally I don't like stationary melee in PvE only or anywhere for that matter.

This discussion has been closed.