Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmed: no wipe!

FyendiarFyendiar Member UncommonPosts: 250

omgitzslashgame I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

— Neverwinter (@NeverwinterGame) May 19,2013
From the official twitter

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

No surprise there, I've been saying it all along too.

A wipe has far too many nasty implications for PWE's economy, and that's faaar more important than NWO's economy image

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    They should agree to fully refund anyone who has spent money without prejudice.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• FyendiarFyendiar Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Not sure what positive effect that would have on the game. So why would they?

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    They may want to rethink that statement. For many and I mean many on forums from this site to face Book hundreds if not thousands are saying they would rather see a complete wipe. 

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    What exactly is the meaning of  beginning of time wipe?

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Xepo
    They may want to rethink that statement. For many and I mean many on forums from this site to face Book hundreds if not thousands are saying they would rather see a complete wipe. 

I am one of them. But only if it also means they fixed all those exploitable problems, at least as much as they possible can be expected to.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by waynejr2

This from their Twitter:

klotingd Whatever happens, no one will lose any real money.

— Neverwinter (@NeverwinterGame) May 19, 2013

Nobody will be losing any real money, least of all PWE image

Originally posted by Slappy1

All characters gone, all AD gained gone, all Zen spend refunded. Basicly how servers are the moment they are turned on the very first time.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

From the start of this incarnation of "beta".

Or essentially when this version of the game went live and people could start playing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

Ok,thank's for answer's.

So we could still have a rollback.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Sovrath

From the start of this incarnation of "beta".

Or essentially when this version of the game went live and people could start playing.

I see this as the only solution.

Anything else will just not fix it .

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

djdazzled Whatever ends up happening, complete wipes are off the table, and we'll work to minimize the impact while fixing the issue.

— Neverwinter (@NeverwinterGame) May 19, 2013
  • chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    For some reason the idea of a complete wipe, adding in at least 2 character classes, basically a re-release and with time to clean up bugs now with so many active players (at least from the beginning, not sure what's happening now). I really have fun on my Cleric in pvp and pve so it would be nice to see these changes happen especially for a free 2 play model. I would also spend money in the cash shop if the reward to money spent ratio seemed a little more realistic. Fun game overall though!
  • GableGable Member UncommonPosts: 44
    What am I missing here?  Why would there be a wipe?  Has something changed?  Otherwise, beta>live was going to be no change at all, so what happened that people think it might be otherwise?
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Gable
    What am I missing here?  Why would there be a wipe?  Has something changed?  Otherwise, beta>live was going to be no change at all, so what happened that people think it might be otherwise?

There's been a massive exploit that has practically destroyed the game's economy.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

They need to not only do a complete wipe, they need to treat it like an actual open beta and fix all the exploits then do ANOTHER complete wipe when they are finally ready to call the game "released".

That's not going to happen though...

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407

Why in hell should there be a wipe, people are jelous on this exploiters which are already 60? Who cares if they are, like a wipe changes anything.

So so many people complaining about wipes in many games. Seriously this is the most useless thing I have ever seen.

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827

While a wipe would be the best bet for them from a brand satisfaction standpoint, they have backed themselves into a corner by the whole beta/live cash store double blind.

If they don't wipe most of the exploit gains remain and their brand takes a pretty major hit

If they do wipe they must do a line by line audit of every transaction of the game to ensure that legitimate customers get refunded for wiped digital purchases...that's a lot of man-hours

or they could go for option C and do a wipe with no refund at all and hope they have enough of a paying player base on the other side

They are more or less in a loose/loose scenario and they put themselves in it.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Vannor

There's been a massive exploit that has practically destroyed the game's economy.

I assume you are referring to the AD duping?  There are about 6 other massive exploits that have been effecting the economy for a while now that still aren't fixed too.

• GableGable Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Ooooooooh, I see.  BACK TO RIFT!
    Originally posted by AIMonster
    Originally posted by Vannor

I assume you are referring to the AD duping?  There are about 6 other massive exploits that have been effecting the economy for a while now that still aren't fixed too.

Yes, but this one is bigger, badder, quicker and easier.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by BMBender

While a wipe would be the best bet for them from a brand satisfaction standpoint, they have backed themselves into a corner by the whole beta/live cash store double blind.

If they don't wipe most of the exploit gains remain and their brand takes a pretty major hit

If they do wipe they must do a line by line audit of every transaction of the game to ensure that legitimate customers get refunded for wiped digital purchases...that's a lot of man-hours

or they could go for option C and do a wipe with no refund at all and hope they have enough of a paying player base on the other side

It wouldn't be hard, if you go to your wallet for Zen at PWE they show every transaction of transferring Zen to Neverwinter.  They just need to revert those Zen back.  All of your Zen for money purchases are easily confirmed.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

said it in the other thread and i say it here. a wipe would make a lot of people to quit the game. one of them is me. just made it to 60 with my mage and the cleric is 54. i cant be bothered to lvl those chars again. and i don't care about the fake ad in the game now. just wipe the ad or w/e if u want.

Originally posted by Giffen
    Originally posted by BMBender

It wouldn't be hard, if you go to your wallet for Zen at PWE they show every transaction of transferring Zen to Neverwinter.  They just need to revert those Zen back.  All of your Zen for money purchases are easily confirmed.

Yeh, 5 devs going through about 10,000,000 zen transactions one by one is a simple task.

• GiffenGiffen Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Vapors

Why in hell should there be a wipe, people are jelous on this exploiters which are already 60? Who cares if they are, like a wipe changes anything.

So so many people complaining about wipes in many games. Seriously this is the most useless thing I have ever seen.

It isn't about people leveling...there was a massive auction house exploit that went public (and thus extremely widespread) over the last 24 hours and the result was the creation of billions upon billions of AD out of thin air.  The economy has now been completely ruined.