Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

US and EU - Wushu and Wulin

ScotScot UKPosts: 5,769Member Uncommon

So Wushu is the US version of the game that runs from US servers but is open internationally? Some confirmation would be handy as I have just started looking at the game. Can anyone playing from the EU comment on lag and population numbers during EU typical playing times.

Wulin is the EU version, it is still in Beta, any ideas when it will launch?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,284Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scot

So Wushu is the US version of the game that runs from US servers but is open internationally? Some confirmation would be handy as I have just started looking at the game. Can anyone playing from the EU comment on lag and population numbers during EU typical playing times.

Thanks in advance.

yep international. You'll be playing with and talking to people from China to Spain, and everywhere in between.

No clue about Wulin.

• ScotScot UKPosts: 5,769Member Uncommon
    That's good to hear, I won't be able to start playing for a few weeks, but at least I can. Would be great to have some idea of when Wulin is coming to EU? Have to wonder as well why we need separate localisation for the EU? I bet the English servers would be no different. I can put up with the odd way you guys spell armour and so on. :)
  • VindicarVindicar ParisPosts: 134Member
    Originally posted by Scot

Thanks in advance.

Hey friend,

I'm playing from France and I love the game.

But I have to admit the regulars lag-spikes and the late schedules of the main PvP events actually makes me wanna quit.

It's really hard to enjoy AoW at its full potential from Europe. I tried for months and loved it... but I am now more frustrated than happy.

And Age of Wulin well... more and more sounds like vaporware.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Recently known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Actually Known as "Wundicar" in Age of Wushu (US)

• ScotScot UKPosts: 5,769Member Uncommon
    Age of Wulin is simply meant to be the EU release. If you look at Wikipedia it talks about them as if they were all one game. Well I don't have to make up my mind for a few weeks yet.
  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,871Member Uncommon

Unless your ping is below 150ms, you won't really be able to PVP. A lot of rubber banding and desync. The game has imho serious issues with netcode.

The fact that entire game is based on scheduled events is going to make your time fairly frustrating - first major event, script stealing, starts at 00:00 GMT, +1 for daylight savings.

There are no official numbers for population and subjective perceptions is just...subjective.

I would recommend you to try out US version to check it out and get familiar with the game and just wait for EU release if you decide to get invested. Hopefully EU version is gonna get released one day...

• AresPLAresPL ElblagPosts: 290Member
    problem is we dont know when or if ever wulin will be released
  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,871Member Uncommon

Originally posted by AresPLproblem is we dont know when or if ever wulin will be released

There was an update on Wulin site regarding CB earlier this week, snippet:

We are currently in the process of preparing the installation of our live environment and a couple of final client modifications. All that is left for us afterwards is some political bureaucracy between us and the developers in order to determine a final Closed Beta date for Age of Wulin in Europe.

http://en.wulin.gpotato.eu/News/announcements/1393355/23-05-2013/Update-on-CBT-Client-3

I guess if it goes well, closed beta could start off in 1-2 months.