Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raven from 400mil to 650mil, Machariel from 740mil to 1.2 bil. Nice wellcome for new players

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    I don't know what region you're in, but I'm buying Ravens for 127m and selling them for 150m.

CNR's are better than the standard raven, for prices at jita look under Battleships/Navy faction/

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by tixylix
    All it means is you'll see less of them, people generally aren't willing to bring expensive ships into PVP. Most the time I saw tech 1 and tech 1/2 mixed fits so people can die a lot and not care.  Very rarely did I ever see something that cost a billion to buy, insure and fit. 

I think you are looking in the wrong places then, I hardly have time for stratops these days but I used to love exploring in a Vindicator, I have a couple of Tengu, Hawks, Enyo and Jags for if I ever have time to go solo play, although I did go through a phase of Ruptures and Merlins. 

I do  have a hatred of anyone using faction ships for pve, when I see a Mach used for missions I die a little inside.

Never seen the point in owning a ship if you are not willing to risk it

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Ravens are getting a massive speed buff. typhoon is going to lose a little speed, and in fact the fleet phoon will be 1m/s slower base speed than the Raven (It's still a good bit lighter than the Raven, so it'll be faster wiith MWD/AB)

But seriously, have a look at the proposed changes to the Fleet Typhoon - it's going to be a VERY powerful ship now and they're still pretty cheap (275M in Jita)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=235324&find=unread

TYPHOON FLEET ISSUE
    With the Typhoon Fleet Issue we wanted to offer a home for the heavily trained Minmatar pilot who loves the extreme versatility that Matar can offer. To make that possible, while also picking up some of the new flavor from the tech 1 Typhoon, we are giving this ship the same treatment as the new Scythe Fleet Issue by making the split weapon bonus stronger. The Typhoon Fleet Issue will also be the ‘attack’ battleship, and like its former version, it is extremely fast for a battleship.

Minmatar Battleship Skill Bonuses:
    +7.5% to Cruise and Torpedo launcher damage
    +7.5% to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire

Slot layout: 8H, 5M(+1), 7L(-1); 6 turrets(+1) , 6 launchers(+1)
    Fittings: 13000 PWG(-125), 660 CPU
    Defense (shields / armor / hull): 9500(+1296) / 9000(-316) / 9000(-316)
    Capacitor (amount / recharge rate): 5800(+800) / 1100s(+12.5s)
    Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 138(-5) / .11(-.0001) / 102600000 (-1000000) / 14.93s(-.059s)
    Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 200
    Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 65km(+5k) / 115 / 7
    Sensor strength: 23 Ladar Sensor Strength(+.5)
    Signature radius: 320

gaining an extra launcher slot at the expense of a low slot is a bit of an extreme nerf tbh, as it really is reducing its ability to either tank, or damage output, not that the Fleet Typhoons main damage dealing is from launchers or guns anyway, more than 50 percent of the damage is usually from Drones. The changes you've just mentioned actually makes them less effective for mission running and takes away a hell of a lot of their previous flexibility. image

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by calranthe
    All it means is you'll see less of them, people generally aren't willing to bring expensive ships into PVP. Most the time I saw tech 1 and tech 1/2 mixed fits so people can die a lot and not care.  Very rarely did I ever see something that cost a billion to buy, insure and fit. 

I think you are looking in the wrong places then, I hardly have time for stratops these days but I used to love exploring in a Vindicator, I have a couple of Tengu, Hawks, Enyo and Jags for if I ever have time to go solo play, although I did go through a phase of Ruptures and Merlins. 

I do  have a hatred of anyone using faction ships for pve, when I see a Mach used for missions I die a little inside.

^^ this.

+ my alliance uses EFT and the testserver to come up with the best ships available and the best fits to ensure the biggest chance to come out on top in fights where it matters.

Pimped pvp lokis, pimped pvp tengus, navy apocs faction fitted, carriers and dreads used as normal fleet doctrine and throw away ships if necessary.

And now they are testing the new battleship setups and already been told that what works will be introduced in the fleet doctrines. If you are like in PL or NCDOT you have at least 2 normal t2 fit BS in your hangar, a navy apoc minimum, PVP tengus and lokis, logis or boosting ships,  soon 2-3 faction BS extra, few carriers and a dread among roaming ships well fitted.

So when the new FOTM BS are Live, and introduced in those fleet doctrines, expect them to be mass bought from markets which will drive the prices up even further, so if anyone wants to earn some easy ISKs. :)

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Phry

Ravens are getting a massive speed buff. typhoon is going to lose a little speed, and in fact the fleet phoon will be 1m/s slower base speed than the Raven (It's still a good bit lighter than the Raven, so it'll be faster wiith MWD/AB)

But seriously, have a look at the proposed changes to the Fleet Typhoon - it's going to be a VERY powerful ship now and they're still pretty cheap (275M in Jita)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=235324&find=unread

TYPHOON FLEET ISSUE
    With the Typhoon Fleet Issue we wanted to offer a home for the heavily trained Minmatar pilot who loves the extreme versatility that Matar can offer. To make that possible, while also picking up some of the new flavor from the tech 1 Typhoon, we are giving this ship the same treatment as the new Scythe Fleet Issue by making the split weapon bonus stronger. The Typhoon Fleet Issue will also be the ‘attack’ battleship, and like its former version, it is extremely fast for a battleship.

Minmatar Battleship Skill Bonuses:
    +7.5% to Cruise and Torpedo launcher damage
    +7.5% to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire

Slot layout: 8H, 5M(+1), 7L(-1); 6 turrets(+1) , 6 launchers(+1)
    Fittings: 13000 PWG(-125), 660 CPU
    Defense (shields / armor / hull): 9500(+1296) / 9000(-316) / 9000(-316)
    Capacitor (amount / recharge rate): 5800(+800) / 1100s(+12.5s)
    Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 138(-5) / .11(-.0001) / 102600000 (-1000000) / 14.93s(-.059s)
    Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 200
    Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 65km(+5k) / 115 / 7
    Sensor strength: 23 Ladar Sensor Strength(+.5)
    Signature radius: 320

gaining an extra launcher slot at the expense of a low slot is a bit of an extreme nerf tbh, as it really is reducing its ability to either tank, or damage output, not that the Fleet Typhoons main damage dealing is from launchers or guns anyway, more than 50 percent of the damage is usually from Drones. The changes you've just mentioned actually makes them less effective for mission running and takes away a hell of a lot of their previous flexibility. image

Virtually everything in your post is factually incorrect. The new Fleet Phoon will be hugely superior for mission running, because the extra mid actually makes it viable to shield tank it for missions, leaving 7 low slots available for damage mods (6 after the DCU II)

The Phoon gets far less than 50% of its DPS from drones, even if you don't fit any damage mods.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Didn't know he was talking about cnr. My bad.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I have fun just watching people go crazy with market trends. mhm.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I've played Eve for many years.

To start off with, you want the biggest, coolest, most powerful faction battleship.

Eventually you get one or two really pimped ones. Then mission running becomes a bore.

So you join an alliance in 0.0 and your goals completely change !

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

To start off with, you want the biggest, coolest, most powerful faction battleship.

Eventually you get one or two really pimped ones. Then mission running becomes a bore.

Pimped pirate battleships? as mission ships? Maybe the Mach...maybe... but for the time being the best pimpy ship you can get that won't die to ganks unless they've really went all out for you is the Tengu (throwaway fits are around 600 mil, my cheap brick tank fit is 900-1bil and the upgrade to my brick tank fit is around 3 bil + a set of high-quality crystals so yeah, but with the pimped fit I just mentioned I can tank 1200 dps omni at 80+% resists with a sig of under 140, 500 dps with non scourge/6 launchers and a top speed of around 220 m/s).

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Dihoru

the Tengu (throwaway fits are around 600 mil)

I look forward to the day I will be EVE-rich enough to have throwaway Tengus.

I tip my hat to you and your most fatted wallet, sir. image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Pimped pirate battleships? as mission ships? Maybe the Mach...maybe... but for the time being the best pimpy ship you can get that won't die to ganks unless they've really went all out for you is the Tengu (throwaway fits are around 600 mil, my cheap brick tank fit is 900-1bil and the upgrade to my brick tank fit is around 3 bil + a set of high-quality crystals so yeah, but with the pimped fit I just mentioned I can tank 1200 dps omni at 80+% resists with a sig of under 140, 500 dps with non scourge/6 launchers and a top speed of around 220 m/s).

You hit the nail right on the head - I was mission running with 2 Machs at once !

I know it sounds crazy, but I had 3 nanoframes fitted in lows for both Machs ! I'm certain that this isn't the most efficient thing to do, but it was cool though! Boy, those huge battleships can certainly move! It's a very impressive sight.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I don't buy plex from EVE I buy my items from third parties then buy the in world plex so not a problem for me.

Either way we build our own ships do our own mining.

However you want a solution to the ecnomic problem? 

Buy all the plex from the market drive the price up supply and demand problem solved.

Or flood the market with Ravens and so on.

You do realise that publically admitting to RMT probably isn't a good idea, since CCP will permaban without warning for a first offence?

They will?  is this a new policy.  Back when I first started let's just say I acquired some ISK by unconventional means (not understanding the plex system at the time) and about a year later they figured it out and "reversed" the transaction without comment.  (or a ban)

Fortunately I had enough to cover the reversal with no issue, and not banning me might have had something to do with the fact i was paying cash money for 3 subs at the time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I don't buy plex from EVE I buy my items from third parties then buy the in world plex so not a problem for me.

Either way we build our own ships do our own mining.

However you want a solution to the ecnomic problem? 

Buy all the plex from the market drive the price up supply and demand problem solved.

Or flood the market with Ravens and so on.

You do realise that publically admitting to RMT probably isn't a good idea, since CCP will permaban without warning for a first offence?

They will?  is this a new policy.  Back when I first started let's just say I acquired some ISK by unconventional means (not understanding the plex system at the time) and about a year later they figured it out and "reversed" the transaction without comment.  (or a ban)

Fortunately I had enough to cover the reversal with no issue, and not banning me might have had something to do with the fact i was paying cash money for 3 subs at the time.

The number of subs you have is irrelevant. From what I've seen, the reversal was SOP.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by cdestey

It's called market speculation based on the upcoming expansion. Ravens are going to be more in-demand due to upcoming changes. The price will stabilize after Odyssey.

Don't even get me started on the idea that "new players" should be in CNRs and Machs...

And BTW, I'm a member of the biggest alliance in the game, and nobody is a slave. I barely get to play once a week. And nobody tells me what to do when I do play.

I remember when I was a new player I started out with a goal of becoming a miner.

I think I bought my first hulk for 80 million ISK, but when I initially saw the cost of that ship Vs. what I was able to mine in a frigate, I quit the game.

Of course now 80 million ISK isn't that much but when I first started playing in a tiny frigate it was an impossible amount.

• cdesteycdestey Member Posts: 70

Tell that to the 80 PL T3s on my killmail from Saturday night...

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by calranthe

^^ this.

+ my alliance uses EFT and the testserver to come up with the best ships available and the best fits to ensure the biggest chance to come out on top in fights where it matters.

Pimped pvp lokis, pimped pvp tengus, navy apocs faction fitted, carriers and dreads used as normal fleet doctrine and throw away ships if necessary.

And now they are testing the new battleship setups and already been told that what works will be introduced in the fleet doctrines. If you are like in PL or NCDOT you have at least 2 normal t2 fit BS in your hangar, a navy apoc minimum, PVP tengus and lokis, logis or boosting ships,  soon 2-3 faction BS extra, few carriers and a dread among roaming ships well fitted.

So when the new FOTM BS are Live, and introduced in those fleet doctrines, expect them to be mass bought from markets which will drive the prices up even further, so if anyone wants to earn some easy ISKs. :)

Find fleet phoon and Navy Geddon fits. While everything else rises, those two are dropping in price. I can't even figure out why the Navy Geddon is dropping but I'm not complaining. I like the new fit, they can stay cheap.