Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: The Best MMOs of 2013... So Far

Comments

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

1) EVE

2) Neverwinter

3) Secret World

3b) WoW

3c) WoT

4) Swtor

5) Age of Wushu

6)Guild Wars

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    SWTOR should never be on this list when Rift isn't lol, got to get paid though eh MMORPG.....
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Neverwinter and SWTOR?  Lol.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by wizardelo
    where is Wildstar on the list, i cant believe neverwinter fail is here and wildstar isnt, i can only conclude that our Author did not have a change to play it and thus no opinion.

WildStar's not even out yet. :P

And SWTOR-GW2-TSW are not 2013 games?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    In no particular order

Eve - best sandbox, best economy, best crafting
    Tsw - best dungeons, best story
    Wow/gw2 - battling out for best jack of all trades (though master of none)
    Ps2 - best combat, best engine, battling eve and DF for best pvp
    Aow - most different / innovative
    DF - most ambitious, best concept
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Best. Troll. Ever.

I mean, because you can't be serious.  You can't be.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• SpeakzzzSpeakzzz Member UncommonPosts: 29
    After that list I am actually wondering whether I will come to this site again. Why does this person even work for MMORPG? Is it that easy to get a job here? SWTOR, EVE and GW2 are all on this list. I can see GW2 being at the bottom since its been diving lately and for some reason people keep playing it with no endgame content, but are you fuggin kidding me, you had EVE at number 2?????  This list is obviously biased or bought off since you have the fail of a game SWTOR on here. You didn't even put World of Warcraft in the list. I may not like that every MMORPG that comes out now tries to copy WoW but they still have the most subs and one of the only successful Subscription games.
  • toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Eve's growth is false growth.  With the majority of their users having 2 or more accounts, it gives a falsely inflated number.  Also there was the notable Incarna debacle aka Monoclegate that cost them many accounts.  Wooing back somebody who left is not growth.  That's just retention after a mea culpa.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

coco op,show them who is the boss!

btw nice list you have there,do you play those titles also ? and youtube is full of these high quality lists ,these are really interesting.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Why not just make the title "the best current game" it would make more sense.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Speakzzz
    After that list I am actually wondering whether I will come to this site again. Why does this person even work for MMORPG? Is it that easy to get a job here? SWTOR, EVE and GW2 are all on this list. I can see GW2 being at the bottom since its been diving lately and for some reason people keep playing it with no endgame content, but are you fuggin kidding me, you had EVE at number 2?????  This list is obviously biased or bought off since you have the fail of a game SWTOR on here. You didn't even put World of Warcraft in the list. I may not like that every MMORPG that comes out now tries to copy WoW but they still have the most subs and one of the only successful Subscription games.

in the west.. gogo Wushu!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88
    What a terrible list. Clearly just journalism rubbish, rater than best MMO list this is a most well received or a most hyped MMOs list. 

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Though I don't like some of the games, I think it seems like a pretty fair list.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Coolit
    Not what I would have, for starters SWTOR and Darkfall wouldn't be on the list but RiFT would be.

I agree, RIFT bumped by SWTOR?  I don't think so.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

The "best of 2013" makes sense. its not best "released" in 2013 for a reason. its basically the top games in the market during 2013. I feel the list is pretty good. having played the majority of these games, i can see where they are coming from.  These games have pretty good followings still. i haven't been on SWTOR without their fleet Packed with players, and TSW is the most underrated game currently released.  

The reason that Elder scrolls, and other unreleased games don't make the list. They AREN't RELEASED. Upon Launch they could possibly be added however until then the current grouping is where interest lies. The reason WoW isn't on the list is because they really haven't done anything since Pandoria. Think about it, in the MMO world, no news is not good news. Yes more people play it than any other game. but it hasn't made any headlines in while. so its sign of dominance isn't there. Also its not Growing in players like EVE, its bleeding players. Numbers are down. they still vastly out number the competition. but when your losing your crowd its hard to get on a Best of 2013 list.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• GamerToonsGamerToons Member Posts: 30

I agree with the #1 choice GW2 has done it all and is just a great game.

I question games like SWToR and their location on the list however.

I am kinda laughing at all the ragers above.

This list is an opinion.

Not everything is perfect... nor are you supposed to agree with every opinion.

Rather than moan, why don't you guys make you own list so I have something to read in your comments?
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    No Scarlet Blade? You'd think with the amount of advertising they do here that they'd at least get an honorable mention...
  • BrizlynBrizlyn Member UncommonPosts: 81

Neverwinter is actually much better than I expected it to be.

If you can ignoe the ridiculous cash shop - and just play the game itself, it actually has a good feel and reminds me of D&D more than any other MMO I've played.  It plays well.

I've not spent a dime on the game, level 25 so far, and it has been great fun.  If you poo poo the game simply due to the cash shop, you're missing out on some free fun.

GW2 is the king!  WOW should be on the list.

• brucey42085brucey42085 Member Posts: 4
    yikes! have you played any other mmos? all star wars did was put a fresh coat of paint on the very, very, tired world of warcraft (everquest) style of mmo grindquest. i wouldnt have put star wars on the list at all as it was such a disappointment and fell so far short of what it could have been. also, im pretty perturbed that after waiting something in the neighborhood of two years for beta, then paying full price for the game that less than a year later its suddenly free to play. i feel like i was taken in by a cash grab and i doubt im the only person who feels that way.
  • calyptic101calyptic101 Member Posts: 5
    Eve and although I do not play because of its setting age of wushu should be top. Simply cause there the only true mmos on thay list. Also im biased and eve rules.
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119

For me the top 7 MMO's currently  out in 2013

1) DCUO (Almost forgot about this game)  the only game out that can hold my attention.

2) GW2

3) TSW

4) Rift

5) NeverWinter

6) WoW

7) SWTOR

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I agree GW2 has delivered on their promises and made a great game and continually delivers through monthly updates. It sure puts the lie to sub games giving you more for your money.   

Im playing Neverwinter and having lots of fun.  Whether it currently deserves its current ranking, I'm not sure.  Never played Eve but for what it is apparently it has lots of fans. Just not interested in Space oriented games, so never played SWTOR or EvE, so guess really can't comment there.  I also avoid PvP oriented games since I always feel they bring out the worst or at least attract the worst, as evidenced by these Hogg people in Darkfall recently at least.  GW2 has a terrific community; Neverwinter community well.......I still have a soft spot for LOTRO even though I guess that game is considered ancient at this point.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by Saryhl
    I agree with ShakyMo, not about the payment part, but about the those games are not from 2013. A best of 20xx is meant to be a list of games that came out that year. Especially when you say Best of 2013 So far, implying more are coming, games from previous years did not launch in 2013 and do not belong. Period. So congratulations on poor use of titling.

That's because it's not  "necessarily" a list  of games that came out in 2013 or games that have yet to come out.

It's a list of games that are available in 2013 that are (according to them) doing the right things.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • brucey42085brucey42085 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by volvoxaureus
    SWTOR is there and TSW but no WOW ..good joke but WoW has his own rank: THE KING !!!!

if WoW is the king its been dethroned... losing hundreds of thousands of subs a month should not earn a game a spot on the list.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I wasn't expecting much from the SWTOR expansion as it was only a 5 level cap increase , but to my surprise I actually really enjoyed it and now also play quite a lot of end-game , I didn't play end game before , as I thought it was best to get a few characters up there first then start. Still tough on Imp's though as I only really like 3 of the daily missions on Makeb ( on the pub side I like 5 of the dailys ).

Can't really comment on the other games on the list as i haven't tried them , I do play defiance though but with a score of 6.6 , I can see why it hasn't made it.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]