Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is There Any First Person Melee (Warrior) PVP Videos Out There?

I think the ranged combat in this game is great but the melee combat looks clunky and horrible. The melee aspect consists of constantly running around swinging your weapon like a fool. I was thinking the melee combat might look better using the first person view but I can't find any videos of this on youtube. Can someone please link a long 8+ minute plus melee video from youtube or any other site? If you can find one, I have looked and can't find any.

Comments

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Imperator101

The melee aspect consists of constantly running around swinging your weapon like a fool.

Well we are.

I blame the soft mages and archers for this though. Why can`t they just stand still and take the hits. Atleast then they would have died honorably, and I wouldn`t have to run after them looking  like a fool. Warriors run alot too, and that makes me miss. So in the end I have less health than the runners, and I die.

Fix please.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

http://youtu.be/ggFn-nBqHQc

Epic Warrior PvP video.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Run around swinging like a fool, or spam range attack, and you will not only get laughed at as a bad player but will lose the fight.  Stamina is far too valuable in a fight to waste on swinging like a fool.

I could see how some new players would think this though.  A lot come in with the mindset of "must attack fast for highest DPS" when it should be " must not miss and waste stamina/mana"  It might look like random swinging (melees version of spray and pray I guess) but there is typically a lot of thought behind it all (if you are good). 

Personally when someone comes at me swinging I just run around a bit until they run out of stamina then go in for the kill. 

Bottom line, despite the game being made easier than the first, this game still has a massive player skill ceiling.  Its why a lot of themepark "hardcore pvpers" leave the game, its not as easy as picking the right class and spamming the best skill rotation.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

My new favorite warrior videos posted today by Helm Breaker:

group fights + solo fights: Above

Wager duels 1v1:

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

Epic Warrior PvP video.

The guy is more aggressive then his opponents as he knows he can afford it. He does 44 damage per swing while they do 14-27 damage on him.

The silly damage gap is one of the reasons why I didn't care much about playing the first DF after a while. It would take too much time for me to get better gear to dish out this kind of damage.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Originally posted by Blindchance

Epic Warrior PvP video.

The guy is more aggressive then his opponents as he knows he can afford it. He does 44 damage per swing while they do 14-27 damage on him.

The silly damage gap is one of the reasons why I didn't care much about playing the first DF after a while. It would take too much time for me to get better gear to dish out this kind of damage.

This is the difference between going out with a rank 0 weapon and going out with a rank 40 weapon.  Its like being level 30 vs level 60 in other games.  Except it doesn't take weeks to level up  You only need about 5000 prowess and you can use a rank 40 weapons.  A day or two worth of work.  What you do with that weapon is up to your personal skill.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Blindchance

Epic Warrior PvP video.

wouldn't even take you 4 days if you use your head.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Doesn't matter. In a PVP Focused MMO, levels have no place. Prowess is still levels, people.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• DoxshundDoxshund Member Posts: 14

its an RPG, there has to be progression.

Dont like progression? go play a FPS, perhaps mount and blade, they even a persistant world mod.

-Doxshund

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Horizontal progression.

Regardless, I wish DFUW players would stop talking about "Skill"

You can see tens of videos of them trash talking others, about how they "owned" them, despite the person doing the video has 90K PP and the guy they killed has 10K PP. Guy making said video has 4x the health, 3x the damage, defense, better, gear, ect.

Just really sick of such videos going around and all the trash talking.

It's like beating a LV10 with a LV.50 in a normal MMO. Nothing to brag bout.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Horizontal progression.

Regardless, I wish DFUW players would stop talking about "Skill"

You can see tens of videos of them trash talking others, about how they "owned" them, despite the person doing the video has 90K PP and the guy they killed has 10K PP. Guy making said video has 4x the health, 3x the damage, defense, better, gear, ect.

Just really sick of such videos going around and all the trash talking.

It's like beating a LV10 with a LV.50 in a normal MMO. Nothing to brag bout.

After 30k prow it doesnt matter how much prow you have basically.  Unless your a warrior because in that case you just win at life.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL