Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

This game is such a fail. Epic release, again. Djeez.

Mr_CMr_C Tel AvivPosts: 112Member
The obstacles this game need overcome is just too massive. First off, this is not a "new" game, but a very bad version of the old. I could swear this uses the EXACT same GFX engine with same old bugs, lags & textures as DF1. The 'feeling' playing this "new" DFUW is absolutely horrible and not giving me any immersion at all.

I also find it amazingly weird to see an MMO being released in 2013 with such a lousy chat system. It is beyond a joke. The flaws of the chat system are so bad I am not even gonna bother explain them all; not worth the time. Worst chat system of any MMO? Probably. At least the worst I have experienced last 12 years. Which says alot considering I have played 50? 100? Or more MMO's.

Then we have the schizofrenic prowess system, again; chopping wood and planting potatoes to become good in pvp?? Gimme a break. Isnt this a PvP game, not a cattle & farm simulation game?? HELLO??!

The last thing I want to point out that will be a stumbling step is the amount of skills you are allowed to have and the lack of enough toolbars with keybindings for them; how can you really expect a game released today be successive without offering an option to use all your skills with keybindings? I am fine with that there's fewer skills to use than before but I find it totally unacceptable that I have even fewer options to use them. Talk about going backward in time.

This game is so catastrifical bad I nearly put it in the same category as SWTOR when it comes to dissapointment rating.

1/10. What a waste of money. At least SWTOR is Free 2 Play now.
«1

Comments

  • -Zeno--Zeno- Posts: 1,298Member Common
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    The obstacles this game need overcome is just too massive. First off, this is not a "new" game, but a very bad version of the old. I could swear this uses the EXACT same GFX engine with same old bugs, lags & textures as DF1. The 'feeling' playing this "new" DFUW is absolutely horrible and not giving me any immersion at all. I also find it amazingly weird to see an MMO being released in 2013 with such a lousy chat system. It is beyond a joke. The flaws of the chat system are so bad I am not even gonna bother explain them all; not worth the time. Worst chat system of any MMO? Probably. At least the worst I have experienced last 12 years. Which says alot considering I have played 50? 100? Or more MMO's. Then we have the schizofrenic prowess system, again; chopping wood and planting potatoes to become good in pvp?? Gimme a break. Isnt this a PvP game, not a cattle & farm simulation game?? HELLO??! The last thing I want to point out that will be a stumbling step is the amount of skills you are allowed to have and the lack of enough toolbars with keybindings for them; how can you really expect a game released today be successive without offering an option to use all your skills with keybindings? I am fine with that there's fewer skills to use than before but I find it totally unacceptable that I have even fewer options to use them. Talk about going backward in time. This game is so catastrifical bad I nearly put it in the same category as SWTOR when it comes to dissapointment rating. 1/10. What a waste of money. At least SWTOR is Free 2 Play now.

    It's an updated GFX system.  I see no lag playing on a higher end system (a computer that can play WoW would suck playing Darkfall, as with any good FPS).

    I will agree with the chat system.  At least global chat can be turned off and ignored forever.  They claim they are working on a new system.  Who knows when their small team will get it out.

    Planting potato's?  Are you even playing Darkfall?  I have not swung an axe at a tree once and have killed so many players that I have lost count.  You don't need to chop wood to gain prowess.  You gain more by actually leaving safe zones.

    There are not that many skills you have to get used to and you can use their tab system to switch between skills fast.  It's light years ahead of every other MMO on the market.

    SWTOR is a terrible game.  It is not worth it being free.

    The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Orange County, CAPosts: 499Member

    I think we, as a community, have been through enough hyped up fails to know that having any positive game expectations is setting yourself up for massive disappointment. You can't even have no expectations because that insinuates that the game has a 50/50 chance of succeeding in your mind.

    The best thought process when concerning MMO's in 2013 and beyond is to have the lowest expectations you can and even then you'll likely be surprised with how bad these new games are.

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    The obstacles this game need overcome is just too massive. First off, this is not a "new" game, but a very bad version of the old. I could swear this uses the EXACT same GFX engine with same old bugs, lags & textures as DF1. The 'feeling' playing this "new" DFUW is absolutely horrible and not giving me any immersion at all. I also find it amazingly weird to see an MMO being released in 2013 with such a lousy chat system. It is beyond a joke. The flaws of the chat system are so bad I am not even gonna bother explain them all; not worth the time. Worst chat system of any MMO? Probably. At least the worst I have experienced last 12 years. Which says alot considering I have played 50? 100? Or more MMO's. Then we have the schizofrenic prowess system, again; chopping wood and planting potatoes to become good in pvp?? Gimme a break. Isnt this a PvP game, not a cattle & farm simulation game?? HELLO??! The last thing I want to point out that will be a stumbling step is the amount of skills you are allowed to have and the lack of enough toolbars with keybindings for them; how can you really expect a game released today be successive without offering an option to use all your skills with keybindings? I am fine with that there's fewer skills to use than before but I find it totally unacceptable that I have even fewer options to use them. Talk about going backward in time. This game is so catastrifical bad I nearly put it in the same category as SWTOR when it comes to dissapointment rating. 1/10. What a waste of money. At least SWTOR is Free 2 Play now.

    Yes it is the same engine, but they have updated ti a bit and yes most of the assets in game are from the old game.
     I also agree its a very bad version of the old game, infact they took out nearly everything that was good in DF1 when they made DF:UW.

     

    At the end of the day its a dumbed down version of darkfall with some really bad design ideas..

    I am sure some people with like it tho..

  • MegaD61MegaD61 Manhattan, KSPosts: 59Member
    Are we even talking about the same game? I think it looks pretty good.  The models need updating but they have that in the plans.  I like it a LOT more then the original and so do the VAST majority of people in my clan.  Oh and wait we got TONS of new members coming in all the time that love it... DFUW will last the test of time mark my words.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,420Member

    I prefer DFUW's first-person perspective compared to GW2. I find DFUW far more immersive.

     

    There is a lot of grind in DFUW, but:

    > A lot of this can be done AFK.

    > It makes losing or winning kit far more meaningful.

     

    It depends on what playstyle you prefer, I suppose.

  • KanesterKanester WalesPosts: 374Member Uncommon
    Best mmo released in the last 5 years hands down, if AV continue to work hard on the game like they say the game will only get better.

    Combat is fun and the world is beautiful.

    image

  • StarIStarI waka wakaPosts: 924Member Uncommon

    Pretty much the only thing I agree with OP is a lousy chat. They wanted to do something new and shiney but failed (they said they are not happy with it too).

    Overall OP sounds like he got looted a couple of times and can't handle it anymore :)

  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kanester
    Best mmo released in the last 5 years hands down, if AV continue to work hard on the game like they say the game will only get better.

    Combat is fun and the world is beautiful.

    Wrong Darkfall was... but yeah DF:UW probably the second best.. still compared to DF its just not as good.

    Combat is pretty boring.. world is pretty decent but i enjoyed the Darkfall world anyway.

    Lets not even start on the UI and other things haha..

  • PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

    I haven't really noticed the graphics and animations that much because I am having too much fun with my clan and the gameplay.

     

    I do notice some sharp angles on what should be hills and mountains, but meh, it's not important compared to whatever I'm doing in game. To each his own.

  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,420Member
    I think DFUW is a genuinely good game, but it's easy for the resource grinding to take over.
  • ScambugScambug TortugaPosts: 389Member
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    The obstacles this game need overcome is just too massive. First off, this is not a "new" game, but a very bad version of the old. I could swear this uses the EXACT same GFX engine with same old bugs, lags & textures as DF1. The 'feeling' playing this "new" DFUW is absolutely horrible and not giving me any immersion at all. I also find it amazingly weird to see an MMO being released in 2013 with such a lousy chat system. It is beyond a joke. The flaws of the chat system are so bad I am not even gonna bother explain them all; not worth the time. Worst chat system of any MMO? Probably. At least the worst I have experienced last 12 years. Which says alot considering I have played 50? 100? Or more MMO's. Then we have the schizofrenic prowess system, again; chopping wood and planting potatoes to become good in pvp?? Gimme a break. Isnt this a PvP game, not a cattle & farm simulation game?? HELLO??! The last thing I want to point out that will be a stumbling step is the amount of skills you are allowed to have and the lack of enough toolbars with keybindings for them; how can you really expect a game released today be successive without offering an option to use all your skills with keybindings? I am fine with that there's fewer skills to use than before but I find it totally unacceptable that I have even fewer options to use them. Talk about going backward in time. This game is so catastrifical bad I nearly put it in the same category as SWTOR when it comes to dissapointment rating. 1/10. What a waste of money. At least SWTOR is Free 2 Play now.

    Thanks for the input. The devs have been notified. Bye.

  • Imperator101Imperator101 Toronto, ONPosts: 131Member

    OP is right but does not list all the reasons why this MMO is a pile of crap. The ranged combat may be great but the melee combat is a horrible clunky piece of garbage. From the videos I have seen, melee combat consists of constantly running around, mostly with a 2 handed weapons swinging it constantly. You are constantly running and swinging, it looks retarted, do you think if a real person was in a melee sword combat situation, that they would both be running around in circles swinging constantly? No, the gameplay is horrible. Elder Scrolls Online looks like it will have way better melee combat since you are not constantly running around swinging your weapon like an idiot, sadly that game will not have true open world pvp since all pvp is limited to one region.

    So keep playing this stupid MMO people, have fun with it! 

    image
  • ZooceZooce B, FLPosts: 586Member
    Originally posted by Imperator101

    OP is right but does not list all the reasons why this MMO is a pile of crap. The ranged combat may be great but the melee combat is a horrible clunky piece of garbage. From the videos I have seen, melee combat consists of constantly running around, mostly with a 2 handed weapons swinging it constantly. You are constantly running and swinging, it looks retarted, do you think if a real person was in a melee sword combat situation, that they would both be running around in circles swinging constantly? No, the gameplay is horrible. Elder Scrolls Online looks like it will have way better melee combat since you are not constantly running around swinging your weapon like an idiot, sadly that game will not have true open world pvp since all pvp is limited to one region.

    So keep playing this stupid MMO people, have fun with it! 

    You write with such passion, I can't help but want to read more.  What else can you tell us about DFUW from the videos you've seen?  

  • Imperator101Imperator101 Toronto, ONPosts: 131Member

    I can tell you that this game is a low life piece of garbage. The biggest problem is melee combat, its laughable to watch people playing this game. I would prefer playing the typical MMORPG style like WoW's melee combat over this piece of crap, why? Because this game looks idiotic, you simply run around constantly like an idiot swinging your sword. Maybe it doesn't look as bad in the first person view but I doubt it, I haven't seen any pvp melee combat videos in the first person view.

     

    The game world also may be huge but the area's are not so diverse. Also what is the point of this game? To control territory and build/capture cities? Is that it? Thats enough fun for an objective but still, the games poopy melee combat gameplay kill it. If only this game had gameplay similar to Skyrim, skyrims melee combat actually looks much more realistic by comparison. 

    image
  • MegaD61MegaD61 Manhattan, KSPosts: 59Member
    Originally posted by Imperator101

    I can tell you that this game is a low life piece of garbage. The biggest problem is melee combat, its laughable to watch people playing this game. I would prefer playing the typical MMORPG style like WoW's melee combat over this piece of crap, why? Because this game looks idiotic, you simply run around constantly like an idiot swinging your sword. Maybe it doesn't look as bad in the first person view but I doubt it, I haven't seen any pvp melee combat videos in the first person view.

     

    The game world also may be huge but the area's are not so diverse. Also what is the point of this game? To control territory and build/capture cities? Is that it? Thats enough fun for an objective but still, the games poopy melee combat gameplay kill it. If only this game had gameplay similar to Skyrim, skyrims melee combat actually looks much more realistic by comparison. 

    ROFL you know the guy in the post above was trolling you right?  Please stop posting what you think you know from watching "videos".  Once you have a 20K character you can come back and talk shit if you want to but you wont want to....

    Idiot..

  • Imperator101Imperator101 Toronto, ONPosts: 131Member
    Most people who have played 1-2 or more MMO's would know this game is crap, playing as a Warrior experiencing the melee combat is a joke. Really, running around while constantly swinging looks stupid, the gamplay is clunky and boring. 

    image
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog EdinburghPosts: 656Member Uncommon

    This version of DF is pretty crap. Combat just feel meh compared to the last one. UI is horrible as well.

    There was far more content in the last one. Also the new prowess system makes you farm mobs you don't want to kill to lvl up.

    You are forced to follow the feats system for a wana-be sandbox game makes no sense?

    Its so bad I enjoy Tera more :( I was a DF fanobi, not any more.

    THERE IS NO SAND IN THE BOX.

    image
  • HairysunHairysun none, OHPosts: 1,060Member
    Originally posted by Imperator101

    I can tell you that this game is a low life piece of garbage. The biggest problem is melee combat, its laughable to watch people playing this game. I would prefer playing the typical MMORPG style like WoW's melee combat over this piece of crap, why? Because this game looks idiotic, you simply run around constantly like an idiot swinging your sword. Maybe it doesn't look as bad in the first person view but I doubt it, I haven't seen any pvp melee combat videos in the first person view.

     

    The game world also may be huge but the area's are not so diverse. Also what is the point of this game? To control territory and build/capture cities? Is that it? Thats enough fun for an objective but still, the games poopy melee combat gameplay kill it. If only this game had gameplay similar to Skyrim, skyrims melee combat actually looks much more realistic by comparison. 

     

    Lol .... Thank you.

     

    ~Hairysun

  • tinuelletinuelle bergenPosts: 287Member Uncommon
    When will it go F2P?

    image
  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon

    i think DFUW is a lil unfinished, but it's certainly not a bad game.  i havent crashed since about may 9th and the game is very immersive to me.  I like the crafting along with PVP idea, i just wish the devs will add more depth.

     

    the city sieges are fun and it's a feeling of acomplishment when your clan grabs a hamlet or a city.  it will be better when cities "mean" more but that's coming.  We shall see.

     

    i certainly dont regret paying for it; i've gotten way more than 40 bucks worth of play so far and i'm pretty sure (not 100% maybe 80%) that i'll resub once my free month wears off.

    RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

    Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

    Dwight D Eisenhower

    My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

    Henry Rollins

  • JupstoJupsto englandPosts: 2,087Member
    yeah I enjoyed my 1st month immensely but I played too much burnt out, they ruined thier endgame content and need to fix it before I resub. looking at thier planned content tho, I'm sure they'll bring alot of people back eventually.

    My blog: image

  • CetraCetra SingaporePosts: 354Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kanester
    Best mmo released in the last 5 years hands down, if AV continue to work hard on the game like they say the game will only get better.

    Combat is fun and the world is beautiful.

     

    Everything is bad about this game. Lore is nonexistent. World is crap. .No atmosphere. Graphics is shit. Animations are crap. Character models are a joke. UI is rubbish. No pve content. Just a bunch of ppl paying subscription to kill each other over and over in pointless battles.

    Even the most ugly ladies have their suitors. Best mmo last 5 years hands down! Wow.. you are pathetic.

  • AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Edmonton, ABPosts: 353Member

    No experience on darkfall itself but: Why is it people attribute 'player skill' as the ability to 'keybind' character skills together? (Or have massive amounts of toolbars loaded with skills)

     

     

    I just don't get why people think thats SKILL. Skill is the ability to think on your feet, the choices you make and the consequences (and reactions) to those choices. Tactics, thinking, reacting. Not writing up macro's and face rolling the keyboard toward victory(I mean if thats what you want, why even PLAY a game and not just pay some poor kid in India to 'play' your character for you?)

  • DemalisDemalis Drumheller, ABPosts: 134Member
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

    No experience on darkfall itself but: Why is it people attribute 'player skill' as the ability to 'keybind' character skills together? (Or have massive amounts of toolbars loaded with skills)

     

     

    I just don't get why people think thats SKILL. Skill is the ability to think on your feet, the choices you make and the consequences (and reactions) to those choices. Tactics, thinking, reacting. Not writing up macro's and face rolling the keyboard toward victory(I mean if thats what you want, why even PLAY a game and not just pay some poor kid in India to 'play' your character for you?)

    skill

    1 [skil] Show IPA

    noun

    1.the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well: Carpentry was one of his many skills.

    2.competent excellence in performance; expertness; dexterity: The dancers performed with skill.

    3.a craft, trade, or job requiring manual dexterity or special training in which a person has competence and experience: the skill of cabinetmaking.

    Well I guess you are right. But I personally believe memorizing 20 skills and having the ability to use then in a tactical manner, by this I mean key binds, requires more skill then using your controller and the 8 buttons you have to remember.  I am a button pusher don't get me wrong, but I was pretty happy with having 35 bound keys and the memory to use them functionally when I needed to. Macros were just more buttons to push, and remember.

    I guess what I am trying to say is that both styles require skill, I personally believe the one that is less limiting requires more skill.

     

     
  • Imperator101Imperator101 Toronto, ONPosts: 131Member
     
     
     
     
    THIS GAME WILL ALWAYS BE A PILE OF FRESH CRAP.

    image
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.