Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Curiosity has taken control of me :P

ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,478Member Uncommon

First of all I "was" fully against the use of cashshops....but now I have used it in Neverwinter.

My curiosity for what's inside my stacked 39 NightmareLockboxes took control, so I decided since I am now playing about 3 and a half weeks for free to put in the amount of a normal subscription fee. (15€) Only to get the unlock key's as I still see no other use for using the cashshop and most likely might put in another 15 end next month for new key's as I got 13 NL open for now and was pleasantly surprised what I got out of them.

I do wish there would be a way to get the key's ingame, but then again I aint feeling like such a free loader now because I am enjoying the game. Not so much as a MMO but more like a nice dungeon crawler type of game.

Lucky for me I have plenty of other games to play if I am in need for more depth, more challenge, more customization.

But the one thing important to me is if a game I play is fun FOR ME and yes Neverwinter is currently fun for me.

Not only is this the first game I used a cashshop in it's also the first MMO I spend money on in beta.

Comments

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR PlovdivPosts: 511Member
    Stop calling it beta ... The game is working as intended, there will be no major changes in the near future the cash shop is running with full steam and there will be no character wipe. This is not a beta
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXPosts: 1,069Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Reklaw

First of all I "was" fully against the use of cashshops....but now I have used it in Neverwinter.

My curiosity for what's inside my stacked 39 NightmareLockboxes took control, so I decided since I am now playing about 3 and a half weeks for free to put in the amount of a normal subscription fee. (15€) Only to get the unlock key's as I still see no other use for using the cashshop and most likely might put in another 15 end next month for new key's as I got 13 NL open for now and was pleasantly surprised what I got out of them.

I do wish there would be a way to get the key's ingame, but then again I aint feeling like such a free loader now because I am enjoying the game. Not so much as a MMO but more like a nice dungeon crawler type of game.

Lucky for me I have plenty of other games to play if I am in need for more depth, more challenge, more customization.

But the one thing important to me is if a game I play is fun FOR ME and yes Neverwinter is currently fun for me.

Not only is this the first game I used a cashshop in it's also the first MMO I spend money on in beta.

• HatefullHatefull Posts: 773Member Uncommon
    It is a fun little game.  I don't get to wrapped around the lack of depth, I just play it for what it is and have some fun.  However, as soon as Archeage hits the streets, I doubt I will touch this game again.  It is fun, but not all that engaging, nothing really exciting about it but I will keep on with it until it gets boring.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• HatefullHatefull Posts: 773Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    Stop calling it beta ... The game is working as intended, there will be no major changes in the near future the cash shop is running with full steam and there will be no character wipe. This is not a beta

Listen guy, the publisher is calling it a BETA, it is a BETA build, no one cares what your opinion is of the build of the game, we are going by what the publisher says.  It is in open BETA.  Everyone knows exactly what that means nowadays, no need to post about it.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

• SybnalSybnal nunavit, NWPosts: 261Member

They had the same thing going on in STO I remember.   They know that people can't resist finding out what's in the box.  It's really a form of badly hidden gambling, except the payout is some useless virtual shit that you won't care about in a month.  I also loved how they had a "bug" in the game that wouldn't allow you to delete them.....How convenient....lol.

Glad you are enjoying the game though.  It's really not a bad little dungeon diver.  Spending money on it isn't a bad thing,  it's just a shame that PW is so greedy about it.  Their prices are a massive turn off.  I'd hardly call 30 and 40 dollar items "microtransactions"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon

My curiosity for what's inside my stacked 39 NightmareLockboxes took control

Hahahaha !

These F2P sales tactics are tried and tested. They work perfectly on vast amounts of people.

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Atascocita, TXPosts: 91Member

Converting AD into Zen, and also my Zone chat in PE is filled with people selling keys for AD..but its alot of AD. 

• SybnalSybnal nunavit, NWPosts: 261Member
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Listen guy, the publisher is calling it a BETA, it is a BETA build, no one cares what your opinion is of the build of the game, we are going by what the publisher says.  It is in open BETA.  Everyone knows exactly what that means nowadays, no need to post about it.

What are you a forum hall monitor?  I don't see why he can't post what he wants. Besides, I totally agree with him. The publisher could say it's a gold plated dildo with a chocolate center, but that doesn't make it true. Call it a beta all you want, for all intents and purposes and in every way that matters, the game has gone live.

It's the solution MMO companies have come up with for such rocky launches.  Instead of just launching a solid product, now they get to say, " Hey, relaaaax everyone, It's a BETA :) ".  Gotta love marketers.

• ReklawReklaw Am.Posts: 6,478Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

My curiosity for what's inside my stacked 39 NightmareLockboxes took control

Hahahaha !

These F2P sales tactics are tried and tested. They work perfectly on vast amounts of people.

True, though I am positive I'm not gonna spend more then 15 a month pure for those key's, that is as long the game keeps me entertained. I really could care less about other things in the cashshop. Don't really care about mounts as I like to explore every inch to use my kits.

Originally posted by Beoelf21

Converting AD into Zen, and also my Zone chat in PE is filled with people selling keys for AD..but its alot of AD. 

Havn't really looked into to that, thanks

Was your reference towards me saying I used a cashshop for the first time while the game is OFFICIALLY in BETA !!

You didn't see me ask major changes now did you, nor did I ask about character wipe?

Personaly I don't feel as if I am playing a beta game it does feel finished, but that's just a personal opinion even though the game IS IN BETA! image