Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Diablo 1 style MMORPG under construction!

KingofDemonKingofDemon Escondido, CAPosts: 8Member
Hello everyone,

My name is Eric and I have been designing a game based on the old diablo 1 style. I am in desperate need of good testers for bug issues and fresh ideas to design upon. I have a website and a host server already set up for testing only. I am just looking for fellow gamers to come in and destroy the game, then tell me the flaws and changes they might want to see. 

Current projects in construction! 

1: Complete reconstruction of the base chars, races and animations. I have hired a modeler and animator to do this and expect results within the next month or so.

2: World map is in constant construction and will be for some time. I intend to add many new secret area's, map locations, hunting area's that stretch far beyond what is already ingame.

Some ingame projects already developed!

1: 1-80 areas. Catacombs. Hiddens Area's and boss's. I don't want to release to much as this will hurt the mystery of the game.

I call upon explorer's, dominant pvpers and creator's to assist me in creating an epic final stage for this game!  I have a decent budget and will be producing and implementing many of the diverse idea's I want as well as things introduced to me that match my ideals.

My website! http://www.tkodo.com

On the flash site look at the bottom right under downloads! the text labeled TKODO CLIENT DOWNLOAD! is what you need to click to get access to the server!

You need winrar to unzip the file. Best method for this is to right click and extract the entire file to where you want. For instance: Right click... extract file, as the the second or third selection. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon
    I smell a virus.
    4ft Gaming Mouse Pad - www.mouserpad.com
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,419Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    I smell a virus.

hope you reported if you found anything

• EiviEivi DundeePosts: 96Member
    Soooo, Path of Exile then? :)

• PrenhoPrenho AracajuPosts: 298Member
    Originally posted by Eivi

Since when Diablo and PoE are MMOs?

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Jacksonville, FLPosts: 90Member
    So this guy's made 4 posts since his account's creation, all of which announcing open betas of 3 different games. Smells fishy.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYPosts: 1,016Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by grvmpybear
    So this guy's made 4 posts since his account's creation, all of which announcing open betas of 3 different games. Smells fishy.

Well, I looked at his post and it looks like two games from a quick scan...King of Demons mostly, and then this one (which could be renamed). With that said...something seems wrong here. Open beta announcement three times since 2010?

He never responds either to any of his replies he gets. So I'm guessing he goes around spamming this on other forums.

My Skyrim website (mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 
    http://vendayn.wixsite.com/skyrimvendayn

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamPosts: 1,245Member

I smell nothing but it seems trigger my alarm bells.

I never click any link provided on forums so ill move along, good luck if its legit.

• XstylesXstyles mariboPosts: 107Member
    Originally posted by Prenho

MMO = massive multiplayer online..

Since they are online games with lots of players? :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 14,247Member Rare

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 26,601Member Rare

They are not. However, close enough for me, in terms of playstyle.

• PoufPouf St-hyacinthe, QCPosts: 341Member
    I went on the site, it seems legit.. It seems really bad but it looks like a real game, I won't bother to download because I know I wouldn't play anyways
  • PrenhoPrenho AracajuPosts: 298Member
    Originally posted by Xstyles

total fail just because MMOs nowadays are like instanced arenas from counter strike, it doesn`t mean PoE or Diablo are MMos.

Originally posted by Xstyles

total fail just because MMOs nowadays are like instanced arenas from counter strike, it doesn`t mean PoE or Diablo are MMos.

I don't really care if they are not. The playstyle is very close to how i play MMOs (except PS2 with huge pvp battles).

• EiviEivi DundeePosts: 96Member
    Added to the fact that its rare to have people actually RP nowadays. As noted in a recent mmorpg.com article. Massively Multiplayer Online. Reckon PoE ticks the boxes. Oh, and you play a role.

• KingofDemonKingofDemon Escondido, CAPosts: 8Member

I get rather busy with work and with creating things within the game. There is no virus and I have bookmarked this post so I don't lost track of it. MMORPG basically means massive multi-player online role playing game. The role play comes from the char your suppose to play as. The reason I need people to check it out is very simple. It requires allot of time to create the game, it also requires allot of time to test everything so having some people who get on and test things out helps me quite a bit. I have spent about 3000$ on developing the game. The entire world is being remodeled at the moment so I am pretty busy with it. Hope this has cleared up some of your questions. Please feel free to log in and level up. If you have an idea or want to tell me about bugs there is a forum, this can be found within the website. TYVM

p.s. this is a realm game there are no instances everyone plays together it just has the basic attribute of the diablo 1 game itself. There where 2 games and this one is an advancement of the second which I am going to continue to add too.

Added to the fact that its rare to have people actually RP nowadays. As noted in a recent mmorpg.com article. Massively Multiplayer Online. Reckon PoE ticks the boxes. Oh, and you play a role.

RP is not popular because it is a lot of work for little fun (for most).

Most people are not actors, and it is way out of their comfort zone to be "in character". Most people just play as themselves (with game-granted super power). When i play a wizard, i don't really care about making up stories .. it is just me mowing down monsters with wizard-like super power.

Regardless of the fact actually role-playing is popular or not, you have the option to be what you feel you want too. This is essentially the base of all role play. I want to be a mass pker so I kill everything I see(this is a role), I want to love everyone and help everybody lvl up(this is another role). Regardless of how you role play you get the freedom to do so within a RPG. This includes roles you make up for yourself. I call this deviant role playing(or DRP for short). This is described as someone who creates there own role within the game which already has specific roles defined for play.

A few updates for people paying attention. I have spent a good 800$ on some new models and there readily available. You will see allot of new models. I also purchased some environment packs that will give me a fresh look. Also as stated before I have  hired a 3d modeler to create fresh and spicy char models and animations. If everything goes well I can move onto the UI system and then initiate my skill system.

Hello again everyone,

King of Demons here again, Just trying to put myself out-there for everyone to see. I wanted to tell each of you about the updates I have produced.

First: The town has been remodeled and is going to be remodeled for the next few months in preperation for the questline update.

Second:I have made many dungeons for everyone to explore up to lvl 60... including raid boss's...worthy of a group or guild party.

I am still anticipating my new char models + animations. I have an entire lineup of item models to follow there entry into the game. I have given warriors, and mages advanced skills and will continue to advance spells and skill for quite some time.

Currently I am adding dungeons with masive levels and idea concepts that will spark thrils and adrenaline into the hearts of those who play.

I am always seeking testers and artists to assist in the construction of this great game and welcome those with skill and talent to contact me.

As of now I have spent over $8000 on the project assets and design and have no intention of backing off. If your a creator or design artist and wish to jump on a project worth backing I am available for contact at thekingofdemonsonline@hotmail.com ----- you must label it as the subject: TKODO or it will hit my junk box and be deleted.

currently looking for 3d artists of all sorts to include objects, chars, monsters and map objects(this includes 3d modelers of the likes)2d or 3d in any basic format. Got skills hit me up...Expand your resume I am perfectly capable of guiding you in the direction of perfection.

Sounds artists that can create sound effects for char actions and dungeon background sounds in .wav format in loops of 10-15 secs (sound effects would be much less -2-4 seconds or so).

Other aspects of the game design like map layout, world design layout and even storyline are also available for review so if you think you can expand on what I have developed already created feel free to throw me a rope. You may very well change the direction of my game. Good luck to all and for poops sake have some fun!!!!