Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

F2P non-action-combat MMO with high player base

Maldinni3Maldinni3 CopenhagenPosts: 36Member

I'm looking for a new MMO to play :)

Conditions:

Has to be free to play. In-game stores are fine, as long as it isn't pay to win.

Has to have a large player base. The higher, the better :)

The combat system must NOT be action-based. Im talking about games like Dragon Nest, Neverwinter og Vindictus.

Big variety of classes.

Im a big fan of dungeons and raids, so that would definitely be a BIG plus.

Another plus is crafting. The more depth, the better.

I enjoy PvP casually, not a condition but would be nice.

Any genre is fine

I'm looking for a game that can keep my attention for a long time. So good endgame content :)

That's about it :)

Please suggest games that fills the most of my conditions, thanks :)

Comments

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo HindPosts: 662Member
    SWTOR, Everquest 2 and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. Vanguard doesn't have a very big playerbase though but alot of content.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Hooksett, NHPosts: 637Member Uncommon

Doesn't exist. Sorry. Some of your conditions can be met, but what you are suggesting is a "Dream game"

Something that just sadly doesn't exist. Though we all wish it did. The real clinch here is asking for a in-depth crafting system. Very few games have these, I mean you can count them on one hand - and the ones that do, are Pay 2 play.

*Don't suggest to him SWTOR - that makes no sense. IT is not F2P. You can start the game, do some stuff, but it is very much cash shop based. You're also wrong about population. According to EA, it has over 2.M people = not bad!

Everquest 2's population is very low - I can't say much about the crafting system, but as for the cash shop...well, let's just say a nice piece of gear drops that you really like, from a monster. 35 cents.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• Maldinni3Maldinni3 CopenhagenPosts: 36Member

Crafting was just a plus, not a gamebreaker.

What would then suggest?

Remember it doesn't have to meet all my conditions.

• Synns77Synns77 StaffsPosts: 124Member
    Another mmo to consider is Lotro, lots of content, not played it for a while but keep hearing it has a nice community.
  • ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon

The Secret World, I suppose? It's not EXACTLY free, but it has no sub and isn't expensive. Its crafting system is pretty weak, but it does have excellent dungeons and a classless system that offers lots of variety. It has some action elements, but not enough for me to say it has action combat.

I'd recommend LotRO, but I've read it's very P2W nowadays.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Hooksett, NHPosts: 637Member Uncommon

My issue with LOTRO is how much stuff you have to buy in the  Cash Shop. Want a mount? Cash shop. Want that skill? Cash shop. ..want to do that quest or DUngeon? Cash shop...annoying!

The Secret World is pretty good. I have a buddy key (3 days) if you want one. It's a pretty sweet game. Buy 2 play. You can regularly find it for 15$ on sale. Lots of nice content and overall a great story with depth to the combat system.

Way funner than GW2 for me at least...but yeah, Crafting is pretty meh.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• ScalplessScalpless SnowballvillePosts: 1,396Member Uncommon
    I like GW2 a bit more than TSW, but its combat is probably way too fast-paced.
  • Maldinni3Maldinni3 CopenhagenPosts: 36Member

I would love a code for TSW :)

Have been looking at it, but not a big fan of giving money without having played a game 

• RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,201Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Doesn't exist. Sorry. Some of your conditions can be met, but what you are suggesting is a "Dream game"

Something that just sadly doesn't exist. Though we all wish it did. The real clinch here is asking for a in-depth crafting system. Very few games have these, I mean you can count them on one hand - and the ones that do, are Pay 2 play.

*Don't suggest to him SWTOR - that makes no sense. IT is not F2P. You can start the game, do some stuff, but it is very much cash shop based. You're also wrong about population. According to EA, it has over 2.M people = not bad!

Everquest 2's population is very low - I can't say much about the crafting system, but as for the cash shop...well, let's just say a nice piece of gear drops that you really like, from a monster. 35 cents.

The person said Vangaurd has a low population (which is true), not SW:TOR. The only reason SW:TOR has that many players is because it's Star Wars. If the Star Wars IP wasn't attached to the game than it's player base would probably be extremely low.

Smile

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Hampton, TNPosts: 152Member

Rift is going free in a month. It has everything you listed except, perhaps, for depth in the crafting. The crafting is basically WoW style. You can play for free right now up to level 20 which would give you more than enough time to try multiple classes and builds to find one you like. If eye-candy is important I'd definitely go Guardian. Early Defiant zones aren't much to look at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3H3FTJJMk