Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Think PVP sux?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
i want enjoy at pvp but can't

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I like it for what it is. Quick, arcade style matches.

If you are looking for some deep system, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Even the 20v20 map won't change much. 

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

not sure this is the game for you.

it wasn't really designed with the needs of the pvper in mind.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Not even tried it, I pvp in games designed for pvp. Not little boxes tacked on to pve games.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200

First time was no pvp in this game. They are just added some sh*t kind of pvp. About 2-3 maps, 5v5 only, Domination... So thats not pvp, just run to the points, thats it. Was not a plan to make pvp in this game, so totally unbalanced and sh*t pvp fights in 1v1 and gvg also.

So... if you like PvP (who dont like?), thats not the best game for you.

And some extra. On the maximum level you can farm only 3 dungeons... 

The craft system is full poor fail.

All armor looks the same, on any level and their names also.

The Auction House is full bugged, can search nothing correctly.

The servers are going shutdown on every day. Thats the PW.

Anything else?

Who say that this is an awesome mmo? I dont think so. Looks nice and some nice things, but for me.... 5/10. Cannot enjoy that for long time.

• GeminivGeminiv Member UncommonPosts: 15

Play a CW an lock someone down to death that must be fun always happens to me. But really I'm kind of looking forward to the proper bigger pvp (which i have quests to do there but cant go there yet). this 5v5 (assuming someone isn't afk or just leaves and isn't replaced) is a bit meh, i just do the 4 for my AD then I don't bother already got all the items including the dagger pet that bugs out an sits there whole fight eating popcorn as your getting beat on.

Would be better if there were more options other than cap and hold, would love a free for all last man standing match, or something other than sit here wait for blue shield move to other wait for blue shield go back wait for blue shield with a bit of pvp inbetween.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

PvP will be an OK distraction once Rogues get hit with the nerf bat along with Clerics shield.

I expect them to do what they always do, expand PvP slowly over time which is fine for a D&D game.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

PvP ?

Seriously, why do they even have it ?

In DDO they implemented arenas at the inns and taverns, but from what I have seen , I have yet to see a single player in those ..It was created by turbine to in some way to get players back to their game..

Players of Dungeons and Dragons want Dungeons and Dragons, not some bunny jumping entertainment ..There are huge PvP games out there , If you are entertained by PvP I would suggest one of those games made for it ..

The funding of this game should be put to use elsewhere , create fun mini-games in taverns, a collectable cardgame, maybe some dungeons that isn't a linear fair...Dungeons and Dragons at it's soul is co-op with a few friends, expand upon that and this game will do great.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Don't like the 5v5, because one afker, disconnect or bonehead will pretty much ruin your chances of winning.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    I've actually been enjoying the hell out of pvp. I haven't run into any problems with afkers. But my friends and I queue up and we have a blast. Once you stop looking for more, you can enjoy what you already have.
  • wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by jtcgs

PvP will be an OK distraction once Rogues get hit with the nerf bat along with Clerics shield.

I expect them to do what they always do, expand PvP slowly over time which is fine for a D&D game.

Funny, because I own the living sh!t out of both on my Control Wizard.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Originally posted by wordiz

Yeah I play a rogue and get owned by CWs as well. Still super fun

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

I think the point capture maps are pretty sweet, like that you can use mounts, the combat system is lots of fun and pretty skill oriented. It sucks when you're losing, but when is that not the case?

The 20 vs 20 battleground style stuff will be a nice addition to it all. I'm sure new maps will come as well.

People just really need to quit with the AFK PVP groups, that's what is really hurting things, and because of that, teams are more prone to giving up now and just afking the rest of the match, usually well before they're totally screwed for the round.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528
    i like the pvp more than SWTOR and GW2.   but we can't PK in this game, which is sad  :-(
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by binary_0011
    i like the pvp more than SWTOR and GW2.   but we can't PK in this game, which is sad  :-(

i like gw2 more but l2 have da best pvp /pk :D

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by davc123
    i want enjoy at pvp but can't

There should be one to one matches. 

There should be PVP only powers to balance out classes. 

The team part from the higher level content should be given an option with the solo part. (Both Pve / Pvp)

Open world PVP should be made available in some parts of the game.

PVP items should be made BIND ON PICK UP.

Otherwise the PVP is pretty crappy and a well geared team is always a win.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Some of the best PvP I have played in a MMO. Very balanced between classes at 60, although damage in general could be toned down a bit (as well as the cleric shield stacking). A few more types of PvP would be nice, looking forward to the 20 vs 20 Gauntylgrym battlegrounds.

The game has good foundations for PvP as the combat is rock solid. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Rather nerfing them, why not balance out classes depending on PVP only powers?

Clerics with a bit of power, defence and deflect can kill ROGUES just like that.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

I think the point capture maps are pretty sweet, like that you can use mounts, the combat system is lots of fun and pretty skill oriented. It sucks when you're losing, but when is that not the case?

The 20 vs 20 battleground style stuff will be a nice addition to it all. I'm sure new maps will come as well.

People just really need to quit with the AFK PVP groups, that's what is really hurting things, and because of that, teams are more prone to giving up now and just afking the rest of the match, usually well before they're totally screwed for the round.

The AFK thing is annoying, especially since they are also flooding the auction house with PvP gear. They need to lower rewards for losing and kick anyone who stays in the 'safe' zone for more than 1 minute.

I say 'safe' because its quite easy to get into them. They should probably fix that too. Even though it is hilarious to repeatedly destroy people who give up.

Originally posted by evilastro

Some of the best PvP I have played in a MMO. Very balanced between classes at 60, although damage in general could be toned down a bit (as well as the cleric shield stacking). A few more types of PvP would be nice, looking forward to the 20 vs 20 Gauntylgrym battlegrounds.

The game has good foundations for PvP as the combat is rock solid. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

The game is still in beta and the game will develop into something better. The game still wants the player base to use the zen shop ?

This is very contrary to the nature of mmo launches / soft launches / beta. 

Weirdly however with the mmo industry lacking in mmo launches, Neverwinter did made a few bucks with these  "Contradictions".

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I only PvP for the daily quest lol.  There's only a few games that I ever PvP in, Dark Age of Camelot and shooters.
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Very Balanced ?  try pvp GWF  vs  rogue or cw

Originally posted by Sourajit

Rather nerfing them, why not balance out classes depending on PVP only powers?

Clerics with a bit of power, defence and deflect can kill ROGUES just like that.

Depends on the player and skills they use. If a rogue is dumb enough to try and fight a cleric on top of the shield without using knockbacks, then yeah, they will probably lose. Unless their daily is up.

But yeah, like I said, damage in general could be toned down a bit ... most fights between CW, GWF and TR are decided by whoever gets the jump on the other one. The DPS output is just too high. Wearing full T2 gear I still get one shot by the rogue daily, that's a bit ridiculous.

Clerics shield stacking is just ridiculous too. Two of the same damage reduction skills shouldn't stack. But aside from needing a few tweaks here and there, the combat is really good, and no class is massively overpowered at the moment. Yeah rogues can be nasty, but get them in the open and they melt.  Same with CW, close that gap and stun them and they are dead in seconds. GWF is a bit of a pain with CC immunity and damage reduction, but still seem manageable with debuffs.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Why do people even bother with pvp in such an obviously heavy pve game?

I get when mmos were sub based they had to be a jack of all trades. But with f2p surely it makes more sense money wise to concentrate on doing one thing well, in this case dungeons, why bother with the other stuff.

Hoping someone makes a f2p that heavily focuses on crafting.
    Originally posted by davc123

Very Balanced ?  try pvp GWF  vs  rogue or cw

GWF does very well at 60. Assuming you haven't gotten that far yet. GWF has the best CC out of all the classes in PvP, they can keep a rogue or CW perma-stunned to death.  CW cc doesn't even last a third of the time that GWF does.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Why do people even bother with pvp in such an obviously heavy pve game?

I get when mmos were sub based they had to be a jack of all trades. But with f2p surely it makes more sense money wise to concentrate on doing one thing well, in this case dungeons, why bother with the other stuff.

Hoping someone makes a f2p that heavily focuses on crafting.

Because the combat is fun, and the PvP is more enjoyable than PvP offerings like Forge, DFUW or any other game I have played since GW1 to be honest.

You would be stupid not to include PvP in a such a combat oriented game.