Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge Dissapointment

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by ignore_me

Originally posted by baphamet  

Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver. Ah nice one, blame the victim and the No Such thing as a Bad Game argument in such a small package.
      except it isn't a bad game to many people. you are not a victim LOL!!SWTOR didn't do anything to you, they didn't tell you it would be SWG 2 and trick you into believing it would be, you are victims of your own stupid expectations.    
    Did you mean to parrot his argument? Because I fully understood what he said. That was the argument he was using, and I wouldn't have labeled it if I had somehow overlooked the text. The expectation was that it would be a good game. You inferred that I thought it would be a sandbox, but I didn't. Launch was a long time ago, a lot can happen with opinions in that amount of time.

Do you want to go ahead  try and tackle the second part there too Sparky, since you chimed in?

let me put the actual quote in here you are referring to since you quoted the wrong post for some unknown reason.

without those expectation, we wouldnt have paid for this game
    NO MONEY!! does that compute?
    and where would swtor be now, if they hadnt sold any games?
    even if they did refund my money,,that would still leave us without a good star wars mmo

see the first sentence and read real carefully......hes replying to me saying people were expecting SWTOR to be a SWG 2 sandbox and saying that without the sandbox expectations people wouldn't have bought the game.

actually that's what he is talking about in that entire post.

as far as his last sentence, that's his opinion and an opinion not shared by all, even though you think only "lemmings" could possibly play a game like SWTOR.

not going to sit here and say SWTOR is this great game because it isn't but a lot of people enjoy it for what it is, that doesn't make them mindless lemmings just because you don't like it.

again, you are not the be all end all of what a good or fun mmo is.

understand now or do you need me to draw you a picture?

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by superniceguy

I am not bashing the game, it is what it is, and I have played it, and know what there is. It is fun for a few months, but is not something to play day in day out for years and years.

housing and fishing is not what keep people playing mmo's every day for years.

that is your problem right there, you still expect mmo's to last you that long and none of them likely will ever again.

the reason they lasted years before was because there was next to no competition and the communities were great and kept you logging in for the friends you made.

those days are over. too much competition out there now and a lot of them are F2P so people bounce from mmo to mmo.

i don't even need to point out how crappy the mmo community is now compared to pre-wow, do i?

the problem i see with a lot of gamers in the mmo community are them and their expectations.

they want and expect an mmo to be as fun as the original games they played and last them years.

not going to happen people.

Dragon prophet is getting housing, and so will Wildstar, and chances are EQ next will do

These things may not interest you, but if it had these things, it would attract a whole load more people

From what I can tell SWTOR is not getting it because the game can not handle it, not because people do not want it. If people can build a home inside a MMO, then that adds more reason to stick playing it.

The more things a MMO has a wider range of people will like the MMO, and that was SWGs strengths, it had so much stuff it appealed to a wide range of people. I even got bored of things in SWG too for a bit, but there was so much stuff in it, that there was always something else to do, so the whole game NEVER got boring. If it was not for the housing I built up and decorated, I do not think I would have played it after the NGE.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

Originally posted by simplius

Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver.
    Ah nice one, blame the victim and the No Such thing as a Bad Game argument in such a small package.
      except it isn't a bad game to many people. you are not a victim LOL!!SWTOR didn't do anything to you, they didn't tell you it would be SWG 2 and trick you into believing it would be, you are victims of your own stupid expectations.  

NO MONEY!!   does that compute?

even if they did refund my money,,that would still leave us without a good star wars mmo

uhh no you are completely wrong, we all knew far before SWTOR released (well apparently you didn't) that it would not be a sandbox game and it would b a linear themepark, a lot like wow.

you people that wanted it to be a sandbox and somehow thought it would be were not even a blip on the radar in terms of sales, does that compute?

so continue to not know what the hell it is you are buying then cry about it after you come to realize it wasn't what you thought?

makes sense! LOL

yea i knew it wouldnt be sandbox,,at least they had that much sense

problem is,,this is a BAD themepark

it isnt even GOOD at at its "specialty"

they build an mmo, like a single player RPG

Originally posted by jpnz

Other than launching a satellite that broad cast a world wide radio that said 'SWTOR IS NOT A SANDBOX!', I don't think Bioware could have done more to say what SWTOR was.

BW actually delivered exactly what they said they would. Whether it appeals to someone is another issue and irrelevant.

It is also now a profitable game so it is also a successful product; course the 'SWG fanboys' can't accept this fact. LOL

They said it was going to be like WOW, and as LOTRO is like WOW, I imagined it be like that, it is no where near. LOTRO had loads of free major content updates, they were called books when it started. It went F2P because of DDO and the success that brought, not because it needed to, to save themselves, like EA/SWTOR

If the game did not cost a bomb to make, and then lose tonnes of subscribers within 6 months, forcing them to go F2P, and they did not have to dismiss loads of the workforce, with many leaving the company too, including the Doctors who quit gaming altogether and not just Bioware which I doubt they would do if SWTOR was a success. If none of this happened and had millions of subscribers, the game would have been added with so much stuff and free content, it would be a lot better game now. That is not what happened, and now is getting updated at a very slow pace, with content taking a year or more to get in.

Also where do you get the info that is now profitable? 

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by jpnz

Other than launching a satellite that broad cast a world wide radio that said 'SWTOR IS NOT A SANDBOX!', I don't think Bioware could have done more to say what SWTOR was.

BW actually delivered exactly what they said they would. Whether it appeals to someone is another issue and irrelevant.

It is also now a profitable game so it is also a successful product; course the 'SWG fanboys' can't accept this fact. LOL

okay,,have fun in your HUGE PVP battles on ilum,,we all know, how that worked out

and i didnt play SWG,,i have a feeling, that  i wouldnt have liked that too

i am judging swtor on its own performance, compared to their promises, and the competition

and it is looking even worse, than STO did,,,their game was buggier, and smaller

but at least, they TRIED to do something new, and exciting, and their core gameplay was sound

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

They said it was going to be like WOW, and as LOTRO is like WOW, I imagined it be like that, it is no where near. LOTRO had loads of free major content updates, they were called books when it started. It went F2P because of DDO and the success that brought, not because it needed to, to save themselves, like EA/SWTOR

What? Lotro was losing subs almost as fast as Galaxies was just prior to the CU/NGE.

Originally posted by Livnthedream

What? Lotro was losing subs almost as fast as Galaxies was just prior to the CU/NGE.

Yeah, but that was not the reason it went F2P.  It was still doing successfully and winning yearly awards despite that

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

It was still doing successfully and winning yearly awards despite that

Awards do not pay for bills.

Originally posted by Gdemami

It was still doing successfully and winning yearly awards despite that

Awards do not pay for bills.

They could still afford it, they just wanted more money, and knew the success that DDO brought with F2P. If DDO was not a success as F2p, the game would still have happily lived on as P2P. Also Warner Bros just took over at that time too, and F2P was probably WB idea and gave Turbine more money for doing so. LOTRO has had no server merges and when it went F2P they add more servers, and although had declines, was not enough to go F2P over. SWTOR has every evidence it was on decline - server merges within 6 months, staff layoffs, huge subscriber drops, statements by EA saying that if they do not have 500K subs they will not break even etc

They could still afford it, they just wanted more money, and knew the success that DDO brought with F2P. If DDO was not a success as F2p, the game would still have happily lived on as P2P. Also Warner Bros just took over at that time too, and F2P was probably WB idea and gave Turbine more money for doing so. LOTRO has had no server merges and when it went F2P they add more servers, and although had declines, was not enough to go F2P over. SWTOR has every evidence it was on decline - server merges within 6 months, staff layoffs, huge subscriber drops, statements by EA saying that if they do not have 500K subs they will not break even etc

When you lose 30% of your playerbase in 6 months you do not keep going how your going. Stop blaming greed ffs.

When you lose 30% of your playerbase in 6 months you do not keep going how your going. Stop blaming greed ffs.

I was meaning Turbine / WB not EA/BW. Also it was 3 years before it went F2P with LOTRO, not 6 months, and if you meant SWTOR, the 30% figure is incorrect as they lost more than 50% as when they announced F2P in 31st Jul / 1st Aug they said subs were above 500K but below 1 million, yet launched with 2 million.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I was meaning Turbine / WB not EA/BW. Also it was 3 years before it went F2P with LOTRO, not 6 months, and if you meant SWTOR, the 30% figure is incorrect as they lost more than 50% as when they announced F2P in 31st Jul / 1st Aug they said subs were above 500K but below 1 million, yet launched with 2 million.

Because going from F2P model was not as popular in 2007 like it is in 2013. There are tons more games right now that there were in 207. Things ARE different, models change faster. F2P will be probably implemented one way or another in any incomng MMO no matter what primary model they will have.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Because going from F2P model was not as popular in 2007 like it is in 2013. There are tons more games right now that there were in 207. Things ARE different, models change faster. F2P will be probably implemented one way or another in any incomng MMO no matter what primary model they will have.

Despite that fact 2 million people were still willing to give SWTOR and its monthly fee a shot, but as the game was extremely flat, about 75% quit SWTOR by the time it went F2P. Had SWTOR had any substance at all, all those people would have stayed  or been replaced with new people or even stayed boosting subs to even more and the game would not have gone F2P. EA/BW were committed to the P2P model, and were reluctant to go F2P, but the obvious blatant decline forced them.

If it was not for the success of LOTRO, the switch to F2P in other MMOs may never have happened. That only happened because the game itself was successful, it had many many more FREE updates, and 2 full proper expansions under its belts before going F2P. Dying MMOs don't get that - they don't put the effort in if they don't have revenue to do so, that is why SWG never got an expansion after 2005 with the NGE. STO has only just got an expansion because the early days was poor going, and now has only picked up. SWTOR only got an expansion as it was meant to be a free update, and was all in the works whether game was a fail or a success

Ohlen mentioned that while dwindling populations was definitely a concern and top priority for them, it doesn’t change how they plan content and design the game for future updates. I asked him if the recent announcement of subscription levels dropping from the 1.7 million they were back in March to 1.3 million at the end of May affected any design changes in the future.

“Not really, all of our plans this year we already had locked in. Well not locked in, but we did most of our strategy early on in the year because content takes a long time to produce. So, Makeb was something we planned much earlier and we had to go through all the writing and then voice work. So, we’re still a very successful MMO, we have a million plus subscribers. That’s more than anybody else out there except for one, so we’re doing well, and we want to continue to support all those fans.”

If it was not for the success of LOTRO, the switch to F2P in other MMOs may never have happened. That only happened because the game itself was successful, it had many many more FREE updates, and 2 full proper expansions under its belts before going F2P. Dying MMOs don't get that - they don't put the effort in if they don't have revenue to do so, that is why SWG never got an expansion after 2005 with the NGE. STO has only just got an expansion because the early days was poor going, and now has only picked up. SWTOR only got an expansion as it was meant to be a free update, and was all in the works whether game was a fail or a success

I was speaking specifically of Lotro. For whatever reason it started losing subs, once it started it lost near 100k of its 300k peak in a 6 month period of time. Also, a game does not have to be "dieing" to go f2p, or more clearly in Lotro's case, Freemium.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by urbanaudio
    Nah, made it for acouple of beta keys like a day ago. Haha, know I'm just tad late, It's just something that I've been thinking about lately. Figured it'd still be a little bit relavant if the mmo is still around.

That's how it all starts. One beta key here, another there. And suddenly you are stuck like the rest of us, wandering this page like soulless husks of rage, burnt by countless of MMO's and slowly regressing back to singleplayer games.

Heh, so true. I really want to like modern MMOs but every time I try one, I get burnt and then go back to single player games. I guess I am trying to relive the magic of those first MMOs but I doubt it is possible anymore. They have gone so much mainstream and casual that finding the essence of those first MMOs is simply not possible.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver. Ah nice one, blame the victim and the No Such thing as a Bad Game argument in such a small package.
    Did you mean to parrot his argument? Because I fully understood what he said. That was the argument he was using, and I wouldn't have labeled it if I had somehow overlooked the text. The expectation was that it would be a good game. You inferred that I thought it would be a sandbox, but I didn't. Launch was a long time ago, a lot can happen with opinions in that amount of time.

Do you want to go ahead  try and tackle the second part there too Sparky, since you chimed in?

let me put the actual quote in here you are referring to since you quoted the wrong post for some unknown reason.

NO MONEY!! does that compute?
    even if they did refund my money,,that would still leave us without a good star wars mmo

see the first sentence and read real carefully......hes replying to me saying people were expecting SWTOR to be a SWG 2 sandbox and saying that without the sandbox expectations people wouldn't have bought the game.

actually that's what he is talking about in that entire post.

as far as his last sentence, that's his opinion and an opinion not shared by all, even though you think only "lemmings" could possibly play a game like SWTOR.

not going to sit here and say SWTOR is this great game because it isn't but a lot of people enjoy it for what it is, that doesn't make them mindless lemmings just because you don't like it.

again, you are not the be all end all of what a good or fun mmo is.

understand now or do you need me to draw you a picture?

It's obvious that you are not even paying attention to what you are saying, nor to whom. Your assertion that crticism of the game is somehow more offensive than being an apologist is absurd. They are both valid opinions.  

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Also, a game does not have to be "dieing" to go f2p, or more clearly in Lotro's case, Freemium.

That is what I was getting at to begin with, but your initial response to me here, seemed to suggest otherwise.

SWTOR did go F2P because it was dying. By the time it went F2P it was about 500K subs and if it did not go F2P it would have gotten below that and into serious trouble, and EA said it needed 500K subs to break even, and they also said its current performance was not good enough. They have not been putting any effort into creating new content since then either. All the new content that has been coming lately was all done before the F2P announcement. All the money that people have been paying for in subs and in the Cartle Market is still paying back the cost of the game, and not for any actual new content.

Maybe the boost in subs with Makeb and the expansion itself, will net enough revenue to make actual more new content now?

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by urbanaudio
    Nah, made it for acouple of beta keys like a day ago. Haha, know I'm just tad late, It's just something that I've been thinking about lately. Figured it'd still be a little bit relavant if the mmo is still around.

That's how it all starts. One beta key here, another there. And suddenly you are stuck like the rest of us, wandering this page like soulless husks of rage, burnt by countless of MMO's and slowly regressing back to singleplayer games.

Heh, so true. I really want to like modern MMOs but every time I try one, I get burnt and then go back to single player games. I guess I am trying to relive the magic of those first MMOs but I doubt it is possible anymore. They have gone so much mainstream and casual that finding the essence of those first MMOs is simply not possible.

It's because you're not a noob anymore. You are following the most efficient path when gaming. When you are a noob you make connections by asking people for help and being somewhat depending on others to progress. I remember an old game I played back in the days as an alternative to WoW because I thought that the subscription was a tad too high as a wee lad. It was called Silkroad Online. Never quite got into the game but it felt magical because I didn't understand it in the same way I barely understood WoW at the time.

Anyhow, there were three jobs basically. Traders, Hunters and Thieves I believe and the Traders made their money and EXP on journeys, trading goods. The Hunters made their resources on making sure the Traders got to their destinations and by killing Thieves. And Thieves made their living by raiding Traders and killing Hunters. I never got this far because it became too much of a bother so I went back to WoW. Whilst I might have felt like I did about the game because I didn't understand it (although I gave up almost immediately) I felt it was terrific because of the potential band of highwaymen and the symbiotic relationship between the Hunters and the Traders.

It turned into quite the rant, but I still believe that being dependant on others can really help. You don't feel forced into social interactions, yet you feel drawn to others. Hence why WoW, being my first "real" MMO experience, had such an impact on my standards.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

<blockquote> <i>Originally posted by urbanaudio</i><br /> <p><b>For me this game was very important.  I had such high expectations for this game, throw in my deep childhood love of BIoware and Star Wars(hope you can empathize) and all you got is a broken heart. Here's why the game is generally dissapointing</b></p></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p>Nothing could live up to those sorts of expectations so it is you that is the disappointment (there is only one S in the word, not two).  Not Bioware, not Star Wars.  You.  You have the problem and to expect someone else to fix your problems is a perfect recipe for disappointment.</p>

Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by superniceguy I am not bashing the game, it is what it is, and I have played it, and know what there is. It is fun for a few months, but is not something to play day in day out for years and years.
      housing and fishing is not what keep people playing mmo's every day for years. that is your problem right there, you still expect mmo's to last you that long and none of them likely will ever again. the reason they lasted years before was because there was next to no competition and the communities were great and kept you logging in for the friends you made. those days are over. too much competition out there now and a lot of them are F2P so people bounce from mmo to mmo. i don't even need to point out how crappy the mmo community is now compared to pre-wow, do i? the problem i see with a lot of gamers in the mmo community are them and their expectations. they want and expect an mmo to be as fun as the original games they played and last them years. not going to happen people.  
    Dragon prophet is getting housing, and so will Wildstar, and chances are EQ next will do

These things may not interest you, but if it had these things, it would attract a whole load more people

From what I can tell SWTOR is not getting it because the game can not handle it, not because people do not want it. If people can build a home inside a MMO, then that adds more reason to stick playing it.

The more things a MMO has a wider range of people will like the MMO, and that was SWGs strengths, it had so much stuff it appealed to a wide range of people. I even got bored of things in SWG too for a bit, but there was so much stuff in it, that there was always something else to do, so the whole game NEVER got boring. If it was not for the housing I built up and decorated, I do not think I would have played it after the NGE.

i didn't say housing doesn't interest me, it does. what i am saying is those things wont keep the vast majority of people playing for years.

my point was, even if SWTOR had those things it wouldn't have mattered much.

people generally don't play the same mmo for years anymore, the fact that you say you expect them to tells me a lot about your unrealistic expectations.

mmo's simply cannot and should not be judged by longevity compared to mmo's from 10 years ago or more.

i get that SWTOR doesn't have a lot of sandbox elements and some people don't like that.

i get that its a linear theme park that is a lot like wow and some people don't like that.

but as far as longevity goes,IMO you should learn to manage your expectations better in that regard because you likely will never enjoy the same game for years ever again, like you did in the past (i know that is the case for me).

especially when you consider the F2P model and many people jumping from mmo to mmo.

i don't care what mmo we are talking about, until something comes a long that is just head and shoulders above everything else, this will hold true for all mmo's IMHO.

Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by ignore_me Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by ignore_me Originally posted by Gdemami Just because you happen to play a game that is not for you does not mean there is anything wrong with the game itself, issue is on your end. SWTOR is more than fine for what it was supposed to deliver. Ah nice one, blame the victim and the No Such thing as a Bad Game argument in such a small package.
    Did you mean to parrot his argument? Because I fully understood what he said. That was the argument he was using, and I wouldn't have labeled it if I had somehow overlooked the text. The expectation was that it would be a good game. You inferred that I thought it would be a sandbox, but I didn't. Launch was a long time ago, a lot can happen with opinions in that amount of time.   Do you want to go ahead  try and tackle the second part there too Sparky, since you chimed in?
      let me put the actual quote in here you are referring to since you quoted the wrong post for some unknown reason. without those expectation, we wouldnt have paid for this game NO MONEY!! does that compute? and where would swtor be now, if they hadnt sold any games? even if they did refund my money,,that would still leave us without a good star wars mmo
      see the first sentence and read real carefully......hes replying to me saying people were expecting SWTOR to be a SWG 2 sandbox and saying that without the sandbox expectations people wouldn't have bought the game. actually that's what he is talking about in that entire post. as far as his last sentence, that's his opinion and an opinion not shared by all, even though you think only "lemmings" could possibly play a game like SWTOR. not going to sit here and say SWTOR is this great game because it isn't but a lot of people enjoy it for what it is, that doesn't make them mindless lemmings just because you don't like it. again, you are not the be all end all of what a good or fun mmo is. understand now or do you need me to draw you a picture?  
    It's obvious that you are not even paying attention to what you are saying, nor to whom. Your assertion that crticism of the game is somehow more offensive than being an apologist is absurd. They are both valid opinions.  

WTH dude? honestly, just stop responding. i am not the one insulting people because they have a different opinion or enjoy a game i do not, am i?

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by BreakingBad
    With the damage being done now, I doubt we shall ever see another KotOR game again which makes me sad.

This is my biggest fear with Elder Scrolls...enough people get burned with a bad MMO that the next TES game suffers enough that it kills the series.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Originally posted by superniceguy I am not bashing the game, it is what it is, and I have played it, and know what there is. It is fun for a few months, but is not something to play day in day out for years and years.
      housing and fishing is not what keep people playing mmo's every day for years. that is your problem right there, you still expect mmo's to last you that long and none of them likely will ever again. the reason they lasted years before was because there was next to no competition and the communities were great and kept you logging in for the friends you made. those days are over. too much competition out there now and a lot of them are F2P so people bounce from mmo to mmo. i don't even need to point out how crappy the mmo community is now compared to pre-wow, do i? the problem i see with a lot of gamers in the mmo community are them and their expectations. they want and expect an mmo to be as fun as the original games they played and last them years. not going to happen people.  

i didn't say housing doesn't interest me, it does. what i am saying is those things wont keep the vast majority of people playing for years.

my point was, even if SWTOR had those things it wouldn't have mattered much.

people generally don't play the same mmo for years anymore, the fact that you say you expect them to tells me a lot about your unrealistic expectations.

mmo's simply cannot and should not be judged by longevity compared to mmo's from 10 years ago or more.

i get that SWTOR doesn't have a lot of sandbox elements and some people don't like that.

i get that its a linear theme park that is a lot like wow and some people don't like that.

but as far as longevity goes,IMO you should learn to manage your expectations better in that regard because you likely will never enjoy the same game for years ever again, like you did in the past (i know that is the case for me).

especially when you consider the F2P model and many people jumping from mmo to mmo.

i don't care what mmo we are talking about, until something comes a long that is just head and shoulders above everything else, this will hold true for all mmo's IMHO.

Wrong answer.

MMOs can and SHOULD be judged at least by longevity compared to MMOs of years ago.

What has changed is that YOU and Players like You have COMPROMISED. That's not managing expectations, that's giving in.

Who's fault its that? Yours.

Stop trying to blame others for your choices. We haven't changed why we want from MMOs, you have.

And don't defend the Devs, they can make MMOs just as good, just as addicting, just and fantastic ... even BETTER than years ago, they have simply made the choice not to.

and you and others told them it's OK by trying to tell us that it's we that need to manage our "expectations". What a load of propaganda.

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Originally posted by superniceguy I am not bashing the game, it is what it is, and I have played it, and know what there is. It is fun for a few months, but is not something to play day in day out for years and years.
    Dragon prophet is getting housing, and so will Wildstar, and chances are EQ next will do   These things may not interest you, but if it had these things, it would attract a whole load more people From what I can tell SWTOR is not getting it because the game can not handle it, not because people do not want it. If people can build a home inside a MMO, then that adds more reason to stick playing it. The more things a MMO has a wider range of people will like the MMO, and that was SWGs strengths, it had so much stuff it appealed to a wide range of people. I even got bored of things in SWG too for a bit, but there was so much stuff in it, that there was always something else to do, so the whole game NEVER got boring. If it was not for the housing I built up and decorated, I do not think I would have played it after the NGE.
      i didn't say housing doesn't interest me, it does. what i am saying is those things wont keep the vast majority of people playing for years. my point was, even if SWTOR had those things it wouldn't have mattered much. people generally don't play the same mmo for years anymore, the fact that you say you expect them to tells me a lot about your unrealistic expectations. mmo's simply cannot and should not be judged by longevity compared to mmo's from 10 years ago or more. i get that SWTOR doesn't have a lot of sandbox elements and some people don't like that. i get that its a linear theme park that is a lot like wow and some people don't like that. but as far as longevity goes,IMO you should learn to manage your expectations better in that regard because you likely will never enjoy the same game for years ever again, like you did in the past (i know that is the case for me). especially when you consider the F2P model and many people jumping from mmo to mmo. i don't care what mmo we are talking about, until something comes a long that is just head and shoulders above everything else, this will hold true for all mmo's IMHO.
    Wrong answer.

MMOs can and SHOULD be judged at least by longevity compared to MMOs of years ago.

What has changed is that YOU and Players like You have COMPROMISED. That's not managing expectations, that's giving in.

Who's fault its that? Yours.

Stop trying to blame others for your choice to cow down to the MMO Publishers. Stop trying to be a "Dutful and Loyal Consumer Citizen".

uhh no, players like me realize that mmo's 10 years ago were the only show in town and it took years for more competition to be released as well as make the genre a bit stale and old as a whole.

where are these games that are holding subs that are being released recently? what mmo have you been playing daily for the past 5+ years?

why doi you think the F2P model is so popular? so people can play the same F2P game loyally for years on end?

i am not talking about any game developer or any game in particular here, i am talking about all of them.

but you and people like you can go right on ahead and continue to get butt soar because every single mmo that launches disappoints you and causes you to come here and rage about it LOL

its every game developers fault out there for your stupid expectations, always trying to hold a gamer down!! amirite?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I have been playing this game for about a week and I don't see anything wrong with it at all.