Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would yuo play gw2 with montly fee

Comments

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

If a game is worth my time, I'll gladly pay a subscription fee. That has never been the barrier of entry or loyalty for me.

In fact, I generally prefer to pay a subscription - so I don't have to feel I'm missing out on something by not investing in the cash shop.

However, I think the GW2 cash shop is one the least intrusive and I've never been truly tempted to buy anything there.

The GW2 business model is fantastic for the consumer. I only wish I was more fond of the overall design of the game.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Nope. I rarely play it as it is, only checking for new story stuff.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Atm there is no worth game on the market to pay sub ..

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Nope..not worth it as a sub MMO.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Nope subscription gaming is dead or soon will be.  B2P & F2P is the future.  Any game that releases post 2013 with a subscription is asking to be mediocre in the long run.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Nope. No game current or in the next 2 years looks worth a sub. 

It would be a revolutionary company that has a lot of resources to start with maybe a team of 70 people. Experienced ones too. The live team they employ would have to release updates monthly like Arena Net with the scale of large WoW or Rift updates. Just not possible with current technology.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Not played GW2 since last November and uninstalled, If I don't think its worth my time to play as a F2P game why would I want to play it with a subscription?  There is not one f2p game that I can honestly say grabs my attention like FFXI and Vanilla WoW did.  Both sub based models and still are, Subscription isn't dead, its because companies are after making a quick buck to satisfy the investors, low quality games with cash shops with mechanics to grab the cash of the I want it now crowd.

If you say Gullible very slowly it sounds like orange.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

nope not even remotely because here's the thing. These people in charge over there hardly address the concerns in their own forums, completely forget those concerns when they do a patch or content, and still expect purchases from the gem store when they put some cutesie thing in there. I can only imagine the kind of abuses they'd do if they got a sub every month.

Recent southshore should be a reminder to everyone, they were supposed to add DE's and metas to southshore in November. Nothing. And now they think it's the solution to add 4 things to Southshore.

Meanwhile the loot-nazi will continue to keep loot out of the hands of the farmer style players (because we're the scourge of the universe you see) and they'll continue to ignore the rest of the world when it comes to DE's and metas and continue to forget what they promised when it comes to class balance for the three weakest classes.

They don't deserve a monthly fee. I'm sure that their common practice of ignoring the forums and outcries of their players would be even worse still if they got one.

Hell we still haven't seen the retro laurels for achievement completion yet.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I barely play the game if at all and it costs me nothing to do so. No way I am paying $15 a month for it. My personal policy is not to play any games which have a sub fee. And no that doesn't mean that I approve of F2P MMOs. I don't play those eithers. The only model that works for me in terms of my games is just buying the box. I want to own the game. So yeah, I don't play MMOs. The only reason I play GW2 from time to time is because it is B2P. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• 1vald21vald2 Member UncommonPosts: 75

One word: Never.

IMO, the game doesn't have any longevity to deserve a monthly subcription fee (in addition to the retail price).

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Nope. No game current or in the next 2 years looks worth a sub. 

It would be a revolutionary company that has a lot of resources to start with maybe a team of 70 people. Experienced ones too. The live team they employ would have to release updates monthly like Arena Net with the scale of large WoW or Rift updates. Just not possible with current technology.

For good measure it's best that you and people like you stay away from the genre altogether until it regains its luster from your perspective. I'm almost certain that there is a true addiction for some people and it's telling that their requirements to stay satisfied are getting exponentially higher- well outside the current constraints of technology like you said.

I've taken up bodybuilding over the past year because that's progression that's new to me and can't be beat. You can only really show off your virtual items to certain people, but everyone appreciates glorious biceps.

/not a curlsis

/i like deadlifts!

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    A simple no. I don't even play it like I use to. 
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    I don't play it without a monthly fee, the game is boring as hell imo.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Never.

I am done with p2p games

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    No.  I have only hopped into the game maybe once every 2 months since the first month and have only played for an hour tops.  The content updates just don't seem worth a sub to me.  Even if they gave an allowance of Diamonds which would help make the decision easier, similar to Lotro or SWTOR,  I still wouldn't due to my feeling like I've beaten the game and alt play being boring as hell.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    not worth it.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Seeing all those that say they are done with P2P games and will never touch them makes me want to play P2P games even more.  The f2p and p2p crowd have different gaming views and i want nothing to do with the f2p crowd and how they approach gaming these days. Dont ask me to explain this to you either. You know exactly what i mean. If a Sub keeps you people out of a at least one decent game, then ill be happy to pay a sub. 

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    i like p2p system far more than i was some time ago. but pay a sub for gw2? not even a chance.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by nerbon
    even like 5 bucks ...

I don't play it now and it's free...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Qtar
    Atm there is no worth game on the market to pay sub ..

There never was. thats teh point.

In fact only tolerable ones were L2 and EvE (or other games like that) which actually never had any added fees over sub (read: paid expansions).

Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Seeing all those that say they are done with P2P games and will never touch them makes me want to play P2P games even more.  The f2p and p2p crowd have different gaming views and i want nothing to do with the f2p crowd and how they approach gaming these days. Dont ask me to explain this to you either. You know exactly what i mean. If a Sub keeps you people out of a at least one decent game, then ill be happy to pay a sub. 

You see, reading posts like yours make me feel good about P2P starting to be thing of the past (even Blizz is considering F2P since they dropped to 8m now).

Feeling entitled and "important" because you pay 15/month rofl. Yes we know that kind.

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by nerbon
    even like 5 bucks ...

I own it and almost never play it. If it required a sub I would just stop playing it altogether.

It's not a cost thing, I just don't find the game interesting or fun anymore and usually only log in out of boredom.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

While I did like some aspects of the game, it bored me to death and since I don't pla it anymore with it being free, I wouldn't play it if it had a sub.

I'm not a fan of F2P games anyway.  They are too easy, full of too many crappy players, and very shallow games in general.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Even before GW2 I was saying I had enough of sub games and now GW2 makes that even clearer.  I no longer believe anyone who claims sub games give you more or have a better community.  If something amazing, next-gen, whatever that would be, came out then I might consider a sub but until then, I dont see any game out there worth it.
    Originally posted by Latronus

I'm not a fan of F2P games anyway.  They are too easy, full of too many crappy players, and very shallow games in general.

Same as P2P ones.

And GW2 is not F2P game, so what does that have to do with GW2 anyway.