Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I quit now or...

chondro69chondro69 Member CommonPosts: 53

I'm going to try and make this short. I play or have played Rift, Tera, COD, WoW, Skyrim, GW2, SWTOR and many more games on max settings with NO problems at all! Now me first say this, I love Neverwinter and have had more fun in this game than I've had in a loooong time and I feel there is so much potential in this game HOWEVER... for some reason the my frame rates are sooo low I can't hardly play the game nor will I. Starting area was pretty smooth but as soon as I got to the city it was unplayable. Ive adjusted my settings 10000 times over checked to make sure I have all the latest drivers ect... It's not my PC!

So my question is do you think this will be fixed or should I just move on? Like I said earlier the little bit I've played Neverwinter I loved it!

Thanks

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by chondro69

I'm going to try and make this short. I play or have played Rift, Tera, COD, WoW, Skyrim, GW2, SWTOR and many more games on max settings with NO problems at all! Now me first say this, I love Neverwinter and have had more fun in this game than I've had in a loooong time and I feel there is so much potential in this game HOWEVER... for some reason the my frame rates are sooo low I can't hardly play the game nor will I. Starting area was pretty smooth but as soon as I got to the city it was unplayable. Ive adjusted my settings 10000 times over checked to make sure I have all the latest drivers ect... It's not my PC!

So my question is do you think this will be fixed or should I just move on? Like I said earlier the little bit I've played Neverwinter I loved it!

Thanks

It is your PC, sorry to say it but it is the truth.... the game was not optimized for a piece or pieces of your hardware.  You may have something too new or too old. It runs just fine on my 3 year old PC with no lag and a crappy vid card, just saying.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Posting your system specs would help.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
  • zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200

I have an excellent PC which includes a Titan GTX and it plays like a power point slideshow!  I guess like previous poster said maybe game does not like new hardware!

Edited to add I have all up-to-date drivers too.

• chondro69chondro69 Member CommonPosts: 53

How can it be my PC when I can run TONS of other games on MAX setting with 0 lag that are way more graphicly intense than Neverwinter? You mean THEY released a game that is not designed to play on todays top of the line PCs?

How can it be my PC when I can run TONS of other games on MAX setting with 0 lag that are way more graphicly intense than Neverwinter? You mean THEY released a game that is not designed to play on todays top of the line PCs?

Correct, until they optimize the code for your state of the art super computer you will suffer from bad framerates.... get over it.

So trade in  my $3500.00 PC and but a premade Dell hunk of crap from Costco so I can play neverwinter? That's the answer lol

Did you come here to just bitch or for help? Post your system specs if you want help. Doesn't matter if it is "powerful" enough to max other games, there may be a driver issue or something similar.
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Correct, until they optimize the code for your state of the art super computer you will suffer from bad framerates.... get over it.

That's my question... Do you think they will fix this Issue or not??

To nullify Betaguy's sarcasm some of us do have parts based on super computer technology :-p .... (from Nvidia site)

"GEFORCE® GTX TITAN

Supercomputer technology.
    Revolutionary gaming.

The technology that powers the world's fastest
    supercomputer is now redefining the PC
    gaming experience.

Introducing GeForce® GTX TITAN.
    Bring the powerful NVIDIA® Kepler
    architecture technology that drives
    the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's
    Titan supercomputer to your
    next gaming experience."

Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey
    Did you come here to just bitch or for help? Post your system specs if you want help. Doesn't matter if it is "powerful" enough to max other games, there may be a driver issue or something similar.

Bitch and complain? Really? I'm just trying to get a straight answer! Either they WILL fix it on there end or they WILL NOT!?  Never mind guess the question can't be answered!

That's my question... Do you think they will fix this Issue or not??

Of course, they will patch it.

Bitch and complain? Really? I'm just trying to get a straight answer! Either they WILL fix it on there end or they WILL NOT!?  Never mind guess the question can't be answered!

*Sigh*  Just because you have a powerful PC doesn't mean you can't trouble running a certain game, thus why I wanted your specs. I WAS willing to research your issue for you, but if you are too lazy to post something as simple as system specs, well then you can figure it out yourself.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I have run NWO from both my systems without any problems. One uses a 580 GTX in SLI set up. Other uses 690's in SLI. Neither has had problems with the game or frame rate.  Hell up until a couple days ago my system with the 580's was still using Nvidia's 301 drivers, and had no problems. So yeah you can say it's not your system, but I'm going to have to say it is your system.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Seriously though, there is a good chance your computer will run NW in the future, video card drivers are updated, the client will change and be updated to be compatible with more hardware. 

Usually it is just a matter of time, that said some of the others maybe right, maybe you have an outdated driver, even an old sound driver can cause all kind of problems for you in "some" games and software.

Originally posted by zerocount

To nullify Betaguy's sarcasm some of us do have parts based on super computer technology :-p .... (from Nvidia site)

"GEFORCE® GTX TITAN

Supercomputer technology.
    Revolutionary gaming.

The technology that powers the world's fastest
    supercomputer is now redefining the PC
    gaming experience.

Introducing GeForce® GTX TITAN.
    Bring the powerful NVIDIA® Kepler
    architecture technology that drives
    the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's
    Titan supercomputer to your
    next gaming experience."

I am running an old duo core 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, ATI 6450HD 1gb, win7x64.... I have zero framerate and lag issues... I can also alt tab on a dime to surf the net as needed. Just saying.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Thanks

Have you tried contacting their support? Or is support even available? That's where I would start. They may be able to point out something obvious about your system, or immediately know of a deficiency in the game.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    sounds like an issue with the OP's PC, i have been running Neverwinter on an old nvidia 260 gtx, and my cpu is a really old phenom I, 2.6 quad, and the only issue i have with the game is that its a bit boring, but it does run at 1920x1080 on high graphics settings with no apparent lag or framerate issues.. image

I am running an old duo core 2.8ghz, 4gb ram, ATI 6450HD 1gb, win7x64.... I have zero framerate and lag issues... I can also alt tab on a dime to surf the net as needed. Just saying.

Well that was a waste of £1000.00 then lol ;-)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Have you clicked on the 'Troubleshooting' bar in the graphics options and tried adjusting the settings there?

Those options are hidden unless you click on it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Hey, but you got a super computer that can take over the world ;-)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

it is if it was fit into a PC that couldnt support it.. which is likely. image

Originally posted by Phry

it is if it was fit into a PC that couldnt support it.. which is likely. image

I might have more money than sense but I am not stupid lol

Let me try it like this. So if  5 million people buy a new ps3 and buy a copy of say COD and 2 million of them load the game into the ps3 and an ERROR message pops up when the ps3 trys to read the disk yet that same ps3 has no problem running EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE then I guess its not a COD/issue its a ps3 issue.... ya?

There is NEVER patchs for games that fix issues because theres NEVER issues its just ALWAYS peoples PC NEVER the GAME!?

Let me try it like this. So if  5 million people buy a new ps3 and buy a copy of say COD and 2 million of them load the game into the ps3 and an ERROR message pops up when the ps3 trys to read the disk yet that same ps3 has no problem running EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE then I guess its not a COD/issue its a ps3 issue.... ya?

PS3 hardware is streamlined, moot point. Obviously you do not understand why it is possible that your specific computer could have an issue with one specific game. The fact that you claim you have a high end PC but cannot grasp the point above shows you probably had the PC built. I'm going to say this one more time to try and help you, then I am done...it is possible that your high end PC may have a driver, or a piece of hardware, or w/e that may be causing a problem. No one can help you if you do not tell us what your specs are. Do you not understand this?

This discussion has been closed.