Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Down 8.3 Miilion Subscribers

markibogmarkibog Member Posts: 5
I feel sad WOW is going down millions of subscribers, Maybe people tired of doing dailies everyday or move to others games which is B2P game.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Well people are getting hacked, Dungeon finder kills Open world, and fast leveling makes everyone buy every expantion in a matter of weeks.  Sure WoW is going down hill...........Everyone I know had quit years ago !
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by markibog
    I feel sad WOW is going down millions of subscribers, Maybe people tired of doing dailies everyday or move to others games which is B2P game.

you feel sad for a game that after 10 years has 15x subs from the second subbed mmo? now thats something to laugh :)

just for the record it has 8.3m subscribers. not that bad, right?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    the drop in subs is some 10% over a quarter - don't sound so bad now does it? ofc blizzard is going to lose big when they drop subs they have 20 times the number of players. 
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Well people are getting hacked

We are in 2013, not 2009

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

We are in 2013, not 2009

Got hacked about 5x in a one years time back around 2011, called them, chnged passwards..

Gave up because the GAME WENT TO CRAP ANYWAY !

9 million my butt hole, repeat after me " Marketing "

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

We are in 2013, not 2009

Got hacked about 5x in a one years time back around 2011, called them, chnged passwards..

Well I sure hope you're more careful with your password and things today.

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by markibog

thought it was down to 8m subs not lost 8m subs but i donno either way.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Last time i played wow , its was in mop in a battleground with a least 7 bot on my team and the same amount on the other side if not more.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Wow I thought they would be growing with every expansion. I would think they would be up to 16 million subscriptions by now. Maybe they should do a new expansion every 3-6 months?

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    An ~9 year old MMO that loses players...omg that's something new XD
  • SithosSithos Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Every game has a shelf life. WoW exploded onto the MMO scene and as a matter of course has lost many players to the newer MMO's. Now having said that,any MMO that garner's 1/10th of the population that WoW has currently is considered a huge success. WoW may be losing players,but it'll be king for years yet.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Most of the sub losses from last quarter were in China.

Most of the sub losses from this quarter were in China.

Im guessing China doesnt like the Chinese themed expansion.

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Might want to correct the title. WoW is not down 8.3 MM subs. It is down to 8.3 MM subs.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Lol they're not losing any money - far from it. They're just profiting 25-30 percent less. Blizzard probably breaks even at the 1 million subscriber mark, give or take a couple hundred thousand. That's not even factoring in the length of time this profit margin has been maintained. If they're worried about that as a company then there's an underlying factor.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Gravarg

They have been on the decline since 2007 ....it just takes some folks 6 more years to realize that

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Tierless

2 million people just figured out that they don't like hamster wheels.

No they probably just went looking for one that isn't 9 years old.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by DamonVile

like what ?

I havent heard of any of the newer mmo's getting a massive surge of players...and being smaller, a small swell of only a few hundred thousand would be instantly recognised.

only growing numbers i know of are in eve which is 10 years old. 

Only took Eve 10 years to get to half a million, and WoW still has 7.8 million more players.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

We are in 2013, not 2009

When you get hacked five times in a row, it's usually indicative that your computer has been compromised.  You will need to completely reinstall your operative system to get rid of the back door that registers every time you type in a new password.

Antivirus and Firewalls do nothing to fight against the most dedicated hacker and back door programs that can easily be installed on a computer just by miss typing a single domain in your browser.  It doesn't not even have to ask, once you press enter and the domain is incorrect (or even if it's correct and that site is infected) it can be installed.

In any customer service of any MMO they will likely recommend using a new computer or just completely having a fresh install of your operating system, followed by changing your password.  In addition, when it comes to WoW, getting the six dollar authenticator will also improve security immensely  Most of the "it doesn't work" tripe is propogated by the very hackers that don't want it, or people who have it and don't want everyone to get it because then they'll be worthwhile targets against as opposed to "not worth the effort" to hackers who still target people who don't have them.

There was also a big scam way back whereby passwords and emails were compromised on gaming sites and cross referenced with WoW.  You'd be surprised how many use their MMO email and Password as their forum Email and password.  Even if it isn't the same password, the email tells them what their account name is right off.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I quit WOW about four years ago now. I have many fond memories of that game that I will remember forever, but not as many as Everquest. Since, I have tried about 7 or 8 other MMOs, but never found what I was looking for. I really am waiting for that right MMO with somewhat of the original EQ or WOW feel and community. I'm really crossing my fingers for EQ Next and Titan. I have my doubts though.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by DamonVile

like what ?

I havent heard of any of the newer mmo's getting a massive surge of players...and being smaller, a small swell of only a few hundred thousand would be instantly recognised.

only growing numbers i know of are in eve which is 10 years old. 

The 2 million subs were mostly from china.

How many ppl on this site alone are ex wow players ? why is it so hard to believe people who quit wow now wouldn't go play another mmo ?

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Subilac
    I quit WOW about four years ago now. I have many fond memories of that game that I will remember forever, but not as many as Everquest. Since, I have tried about 7 or 8 other MMOs, but never found what I was looking for. I really am waiting for that right MMO with somewhat of the original EQ or WOW feel and community. I'm really crossing my fingers for EQ Next and Titan. I have my doubts though.

Make sure to check out the FFXIV A Realm Reborn open beta when it comes out.  If you're looking for community then the already established servers are the way to go; the new ones will likely have people coming from WoW and others, wanting to just power level and worry about themselves.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

By the time the other 7.8 mill find out, they be old enough to kiss girls, but wont have the skills to get one :P

Asbo

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Yeah. I'll become concerned when it has as many players as GW2...around 2040.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by topographic

can you should your math ? because if Q1 repeats itself, it won't happen too many times. in fact it'd take until end of 2014...

Can you should your English?

• StonedeyeStonedeye Member UncommonPosts: 13

can you should your math ? because if Q1 repeats itself, it won't happen too many times. in fact it'd take until end of 2014...

Can you should your English?

Ma cam indoiesc ca poti sa vorbesti o limba straina mai bine ca mine...

Bine tata:) Da-le peste nas.