Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Have As Much Fun NOT Playing EVE As I Do Playing EVE....

EcnaliEcnali Member CommonPosts: 49

And what I mean by that is that I spend hours in EVEMON and the EVE Fitting Tool (EFT), as well as checking out www.eve-central.com.  

Praise the Valar (oops, wrong game) that evemon and eft don't have iPad/iPhone apps otherwise I'm sure I'd get fired from work!

What other great third party eve related tools are out there? There's that map site/jump planner whose name I can't remember...

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

If you have an andriod phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tlabs.android.evanova&feature=search_result

But, most tools beyond the ones you mentioned are specialized for industry and stuff.

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    true. for me was reading the forums
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    EFT is fun. I've spent hours just putting fits together. Though I cant really tell what works without really going out and flying the thing.
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    Getting home after work most weekdays at around 7pm where I can either watch a few hours of TV or play EVE it's quite nice to set my skill queue and do whatever else needs doing. Perfect game for those of us with less time in the evenings. Oddly enough, I still get the same amount of value and satisfaction I would get if I were playing, if not more.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    Originally posted by Ecnali

Praise the Valar (oops, wrong game) that evemon and eft don't have iPad/iPhone apps otherwise I'm sure I'd get fired from work!

It's probably good you haven't heard of Neocon than, really wouldn't want to get you fired ...

• Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161

the one thing I've found most useful are Ombeys 2D Maps, though that has now been super-ceded to a certain extent by dotlan.

But there are many useful tools and apps

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

• Whiplash931Whiplash931 Member Posts: 36
    I wish had as much fun in any game as you guys seem to have in Eve. I have tried Eve and I was just bored off my ass....guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. Also the game seems really hard to get into as well.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

And what I mean by that is that I spend hours in EVEMON and the EVE Fitting Tool (EFT), as well as checking out www.eve-central.com.  

What other great third party eve related tools are out there? There's that map site/jump planner whose name I can't remember...

Just watch out. You're breaking CCP's EULA by using those third-party programs.

Do you actually play EVE?  I doubt those tools would be recommenced to everyone who plays if they broke EULA.

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    Originally posted by NetSage

Do you actually play EVE?  I doubt those tools would be recommenced to everyone who plays if they broke EULA.

They are not against EULA.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Only if you use the data scraper parts...

The thing the people dont understand is that sometimes you should just not ask. If you ask CCP if its against the EULA to use a scraper, they will allways say yes. But on the other hand we all know they wont go after people who only use that for harmless stuff. People who want CCP to legalize it are the ones that wants to misuse it. And that is why they will always answer that it is against the EULA to do it, but only enforce it as they see fit.

Lesson: It is always easier to get forgiven than ask persmission.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

No.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• EcnaliEcnali Member CommonPosts: 49
    OP HERE, what's a scraper? Is it really against the Eula? Omg, I learned about both evemon and eft from the official eve forums!  
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    OP HERE, what's a scraper? Is it really against the Eula? Omg, I learned about both evemon and eft from the official eve forums!  

See here for more information. He's overstating the case just a little bit:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=226648&find=unread

Give me liberty or give me lasers