Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arcane Saga: Beta Phase Begins

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Arcane Saga, formerly Prius Online, has officially kicked off its beta phase of development. Interested players can head to the official site to sign up to take part in the beta.

"With the start of the beta phase today, players will finally get to experience for themselves all of the improvements we've made to the world of Prius over the past year," said Joe Kim, head project manager, Netmarble.com. "We can't wait for players to dive in and begin providing us with new feedback, which we'll use to help polish the game even further in time for launch later this year."

Head to the Arcane Saga site for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BaneInsaneBaneInsane Member Posts: 11
    the one on the right has me confused.... also +1 to to the above. lol?
  • brandileighbrandileigh Member Posts: 5

This isn't some brand spanking new asian ripoff mmo.  This is a reincarnation of an old game I really enjoyed so I'm pretty happy it's back to test out.

So far, I'm liking the fact that you start out with all of your skills and put your skill points into increasing the skills you use/like.  I always hated having to wait X levels to get some key part of your class.

• satanoclausesatanoclause Member UncommonPosts: 17

Gender doesn't really matter in MMO's anyway ; )

Check out my band if you like music.. www.myspace.com/icrime

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    It's pretty bad when you have to name yourself "immaguy" because your character's look is so ambiguous you're not sure if you should feel ashamed at getting turned on by looking at it.
  • StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Arcane Saga = Prius Online reincarnated. I'm sure as the game goes farther it will get better. Prius Online was an awesome F2P MMORPG.

• lunaangelbabelunaangelbabe Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Arcane Saga is a lot different to the other MMOs out there though, most MMOs you get one character and a mount in a pet, in Arcane Saga you get two characters and a mount and a pet. Not only can you level up skills on both the characters, you can also buy costumes for both of you. Some of which you can get in-game with in-game cash (Since I only started playing the beta I do not know where you can get the costumes from yet, but I played Prius in the past and know some of the attributes of the game.) And there are many different choices in hair styles, hair colours, expressions and skin colours that your character will look unique. This game covers all bases in character design and the game play. And also I have never once experienced any lag on this game, which to me is an advantage over some of the other MMOs being released currently.
  • NinjiMumNinjiMum Member Posts: 5

Arcane Saga~  The beta has only been out about a day, but there's already several things I can see that need to be fixed.. I'm very happy to see it back up and going though.

@ Luna - I think costumes will be added later, once it's out of beta maybe?

• I find those graphics to be very lacking in appeal
  • sangheesanghee Member Posts: 5

Luna, so far it seems like we can get costumes by using the star points that we get from achievements. There are a lot of anima costumes that are pretty cheap with the star points, but the ones I want to use I have to wait until my anima is 45 to equip. I haven't seen any for sale in game yet, but it might be added in the future. Also there is some kind of equipment mask item which lets your clothes take a different appearance. When I try to use those items, my game crashes, but I'm sure that will be fixed in the future. I did see someone wearing the wedding dress outfit though.

There are a lot of changes and it will take some getting used to. I really like the new crafting system though; it's a huge improvement from the old crafting system, but I do miss the atrium. :3

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Anyone else look at the man thing and INSTANTLY remember the SNL skit, "It's Pat!"???
  • frostyrosefrostyrose Member UncommonPosts: 1
    It's a good game really but the problem is they branded it as a relaunch of prius from the get go. Although they changed the name by saying that their going to have alot of angry old players that aren't willing to accept the good changes to the game.  Instead everyone needs to think of this as Arcane Sage, Prius Rimagined not Prius 2.0
  • shiixshiix Member Posts: 3
    I agree on frostyrose, I myself exprience the game on first hand i don't know prius online before, with that i never compared the two mmo. Before the game starts i was looking for guides on prius online to choose which class but as i play i see it is different so i don't mind at all and just go with the flow. And As you can see they stated they improve or some how they changed the game so with the building blocks of prius they made a unique game out it. Don't get confused it is a new game some new content and some are old. If you remove the the idea it is prius that way you will enjoy the new content of the game.
  • kandigamer69kandigamer69 Member Posts: 2
    Finally CBT time =) Been signed up and excited for over a month. So far, the game has yet to disappoint me! Allthough I miss the old giga system, they made up for it with a new skill system, jobs and production skills. Can't wait to experience end game which I never got to do in Prius.
  • kandigamer69kandigamer69 Member Posts: 2
    @Luna costumes are already in the game both for anima and your character. Their just slighty glitchy, sometimes crashes your client when trying to apply, and not very many of them. All the race anima clothing are there though, but you need anima level 60. You also get costumes for the CBT events. Check News at as.netmarble.com
  • ShiprahShiprah Member Posts: 1
    i like the new features and new things about arcane saga this makes the game much more interesting haven't played about a year now and enjoying new things on this game
  • LierkxisLierkxis Member Posts: 4

Arcane Saga have different features from Prius Online

In this game you don't have to spend Skill Points in a specified skill just to get the next Skill, here, you are given the right to choose what Active/Passive skills you want/need to make your character strong. Lets you choose the skills to make the best combos.

Try the game and have fun loving it :)

• ksoonvlksoonvl Member Posts: 4
    This game sure is different from Prius Online in many way. First, they improve the skill and class systems. Second, they imply the party searching function. Last but not least, the crafting is just awesome. You can save alot of time with those changes. However, the exp rate is kinda off somehow. You get to level 30 in like 1hour and 30+ take way too long. They need to fix that. Anyways, this is the CBT. So far so good. I like this game. If you dont have much time and want to experience a mmorpg. I would recommend this one.
    I can only say this game is unique. Combo skill or what i call them as tag skill is so cool, a chance skill once you perform your combo, it can rather give you hp,mp, reduction in armor, slow and many too choose from. so i think combo will decide the outcome of a fight. This combo system never had them on previous mmo. Really helps save money in buying pots and faster killing.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Ya i am interested to at least check out the whole ordeal on skills and combos,that is the type of stuff i look for in my gaming,not the linear questing every game is tossing at me.I am sure this is linear questing as well but if the combat is good,i will be happy.

They also get one good side credit for at least telling me i will be downloading the Pando media booster.i hate that program,this way i will be reminded to delete it after i D/l the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

See you ingame wizardy and experience another way of combat system :P
  • BrainrockerBrainrocker Member Posts: 4
    2013 - gender locked^^ crap
    Originally posted by Brainrocker
    2013 - gender locked^^ crap

Even though it might seem like gender lock is a bad thing, I think it works in this game. You are playing an actual character, just like you play in most console games. Each character has its own storyline and history, starts out with different quests, and fulfills its own unique role in the game. If you want to go healer you have to be a female character, and for tank you have to be male (I think anyway. Ayin female used to have a tank class but I'm not sure if it does anymore). But other than that, there's ranged characters for both male and female, as well as close combat characters for both male and female.

• oOAuraOooOAuraOo Member Posts: 1
    I always play mage and it disappoints me that they decided to lock the mage class to a male character. I think it would be more fun if they would have thrown the gender lock concept out the window to allow people to make more customizations to the characters. The animas are really cute though <3
    Originally posted by oOAuraOo
    I always play mage and it disappoints me that they decided to lock the mage class to a male character. I think it would be more fun if they would have thrown the gender lock concept out the window to allow people to make more customizations to the characters. The animas are really cute though <3

Although it's not called mage, minstrel is basically the mage class for females. We use fans for our weapons and most of our skills are earth/wind based magic. Our first advancement at 25 is a healing class, but you don't have to play that job if you don't want to. Then at 50, the pvp class is like the original class where it's fan attacks. I haven't unlocked the level 50 one yet so I'm not sure exactly how the skills are, but in the original minstrel class most of the skills are single-target and ranged, but there are a few aoe skills as well.

• brandileighbrandileigh Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

I see nothing "different" there. In many mmos ( SWToR for example ) you have your character, plus a "companion" plus mounts plus pets. Not really unique in any way.

Well it's not derivative of anything but itself really.  This game was originally out in Korea in 2008 and a short stint in US in 2011.  As the pets are now, they aren't anything special per say but once they bring them back as they were, they could be pretty interactive.

Also, even as they are now, you can still  view the world as your pet ( in this case a little girl ) and talk to npcs that only exist in her view.  It's just a trippy game in my opinion, I dunno, I've always liked it haha.