Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Blade Ads are getting old really fast...

2»

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by StonesDK

I honestly don't get the complaints. Is it from religious people? puritans? people ashamed they are turned on by it making them react negatively? sexual orientation reasons?

It would be awesome if somebody would give a reasonable explanation other than "I can't communicate with my girlfriend or wife about this" or "it just is"

Maybe I'm not suppose to get it.. its the interwebs we needs to complain!

Slackers who are goofing off at their jobs surfing this site rather than doing their jobs.  They are afraid someone might see the ads over their shoulders and realize it's not CNN or something. 

Like me, but I make sure to narrow the window down to hide the sidebar ads and my monitor is strategically placed to be out of the view.  image

BTW, what is silly for most of those folks is their IT departments likely are monitoring every site they visit, so its not like their employers really don't know what they are up to.

You are probably right on the money with that one. Hard to explain on a forum where you promptly will be told, to do your damn job instead

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    The whole Scarlet Blade ads just convinced me to block all ads to this site again, so I really don't care how long they stayed up.  It's all kind of ironic considering the hissy fit they threw a few months ago about too many people blocking ads.

You make me like charity

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I don't really care about ads but I don't understand how they could make a game about naked girls where naked girls look fake and ugly. Tera has 2 times better character models if you want to see some skin.

Besides All those ads are in the background why do you care so much about some picture on the side of your screen. No wonder mmos fail left and right when people have such a big "problems" with a jpg.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    I wish they updated the adds little bit more often. And have girls wear less clothes.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    People have a right to voice their opinion. I don't exactly enjoy seeing mass amounts of cleavage every time I go to MMORPG.com either. It's gross.

So you have a problem with the female body being exposed. A problem with sexualization. At least that's a reasonable explanation. Thank you for being so forthcoming about something so private

The hilarity of it is that these people come here to play games that depict all manner of VIOLENCE, but put a little sexuality in there and they all run to Jesus.... it's very telling about the values most people hold.

No, it's SICK that most people are ok with violence in every form of media on earth, but sexuality is "bad".

Considering I'm not religious, I'm not running to Jesus (a.k.a. work of fiction *cough~cough*) anytime soon. It has more to do with the fact that I'm gay and just honestly find the female body sexually repulsive. That's why I'm not really arguing either way for the ads because honestly if it were a bunch of shirtless men that were taking up the ad-space I'd be going "hells yah."

So yeah, I personally don't get the huge fuss. It just grosses me out.

And also @Redcor: The fact that you assumed I was a women when I mentioned how sexist your comment sounded just proves how sexist you are.

No one cares about your sexual preference, so you don't need to wave it around like a flag.  I don't like the color "baby puke green", should I call for a ban too?

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    People have a right to voice their opinion. I don't exactly enjoy seeing mass amounts of cleavage every time I go to MMORPG.com either. It's gross.

So you have a problem with the female body being exposed. A problem with sexualization. At least that's a reasonable explanation. Thank you for being so forthcoming about something so private

The hilarity of it is that these people come here to play games that depict all manner of VIOLENCE, but put a little sexuality in there and they all run to Jesus.... it's very telling about the values most people hold.

No, it's SICK that most people are ok with violence in every form of media on earth, but sexuality is "bad".

im sorry that its me who is going to tell you this:

somewhere in your future,there will be a time when  you are supposed to have sex the more the better,you dont seem to understand that yet and its ok.

but

you are not supposed to kill people,you dont seem to understand that either,yet.

because you dont understand the difference,you actually find it hilarious like most tiny childrens do.

but the sad thing is that you are now hearing this from others and you might not believe them and who knows what you are going to do.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• StevaneStevane Member UncommonPosts: 35
    The ads are to entice the younger gamers.  They are actually in the process of promoting more provocative ads to target the young audience. Well, its no secret that most gamers are geeks/nerds who are probably virgins who get aroused by the half-naked anime images. Hence all the people defending the ads.  But its only going to get worse so you might want to get used to it or keep the blocker up.
  • SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    They are very very annoying. I'm like hesitant now to come to this site when my wife is around cuz I don't want her thinking I'm deliberately going to these type of sites. It's making this site look bad whether or not it's about business. You don't have to accept every business opportunity that comes around.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Considering I'm not religious, I'm not running to Jesus (a.k.a. work of fiction *cough~cough*) anytime soon. It has more to do with the fact that I'm gay and just honestly find the female body sexually repulsive. That's why I'm not really arguing either way for the ads because honestly if it were a bunch of shirtless men that were taking up the ad-space I'd be going "hells yah."

And also @Redcor: The fact that you assumed I was a women when I mentioned how sexist your comment sounded just proves how sexist you are.

No one cares about your sexual preference, so you don't need to wave it around like a flag.  I don't like the color "baby puke green", should I call for a ban too?

It's obvious that you didn't read my comment at all. I said I didn't care about the ads. Also I wasn't waving around my sexuality, but please, continue your rudeness.

Smile

Originally posted by Redcor

So is it better if I assume evey whiny bitch is gay ? 

Excuse me? I never whined. And calling me a bitch? Whoah, you are waay out line man. I said I didn't care about the ads either way, I just thought they were gross. Again, another person who doesn't fully read. Also calling people "bitches" isn't gonna get you very far in life.

Smile

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Slackers who are goofing off at their jobs surfing this site rather than doing their jobs.  They are afraid someone might see the ads over their shoulders and realize it's not CNN or something. 

Like me, but I make sure to narrow the window down to hide the sidebar ads and my monitor is strategically placed to be out of the view.  image

BTW, what is silly for most of those folks is their IT departments likely are monitoring every site they visit, so its not like their employers really don't know what they are up to.

As an IT professional at a large business... Yes. But we don't really care until upper management has a problem with you. Then we dig into those records as cause for termination. Be smart and check if your business has you going through a proxy to hit the web. If you can turn it off before you visit these sites, then it's more difficult for us to track down what you're doing through the web.

And also... your IT guys are probably all here to. :)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Sir, I want to applaud you.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

stupid people just dont learn...its called adblock

as for the game il say yet again, 2003 graphics with gameplay ten times worse

hallo ~_~

Originally posted by eyelolled

Sir, I want to applaud you.

You're applauding someone who is calling people names and just generally being rude. Either you're homophobic or just plain rude yourself.

Smile

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I think this is about the time when the admin locks it.
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    I thing this is about the time when the admin locks it.

Agreed.

Smile

This discussion has been closed.