Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confession - I'm really glad Prius Online is back (Arcane Saga)

RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Back when Prius Online came out, I gave it a shot. While I admit that it didn't come close to blowing me away compared to many other f2p offerings, - for some strange reason I kept logging in anyway.

This is true, even though I had issues with several apsects of the game:

• The voice acting was terrible (when you click on an NPC just try not to laugh)
  • The translations were hilariously bad at times. Misspelled words in cutscene captions were good comedy!
  • Much of the music sounded like it was recorded on an old tiny Casio keyboard (much is pretty good though)
  • Some of the gameplay and questing was repetitive and linear.
  • Random environment textures looked like they were borrowed from 2003, while others were very nice.
  • Gender locked classes were very frustrating (why why why?!?)

Some of the positive aspects I remember, and expect in Arcane Saga:

• The combat was always satisfying - hits felt like hits. Numbers galore if you set the fight up right.
  • Combat and movement was smooth (standard hotkey MMO, which I don't mind at all)
  • The classes were interesting to play and advance in.
  • The anima system worked well, and somehow I still miss my little Punky :(
  • Gigas were fun to play and added an interesting element to the game.
  • Some of the most creative and interesting mounts I've seen.

Ultimately, imho, the biggest flaw of all for Prius Online was gPotato. The game did'nt get much love and was tossed aside far too quicly.

Now that Netmarble has picked it up, and it promises to get more attention - I'll be hopping back into the game once again.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.