Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why developers don't allow us to build our character anymore ?

13»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Characters being differant does not follow easymode MMO design principles. You should have nothing to think about before you press PLAY. Having to read some lore or work out what class is the best for you is a no-no. So the very idea that you need to understand stats and skills would send an easymode desginer running for the hills.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Everyone ends up the same but I always liked being an aoe tank mage even with a 75% magic penalty.

Old, debunked talking point. Get new material.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I'm one person that never cared for playing with stats. I think it's like forcing you to do accounting in game. It's not challenging or fun, it's just something you can screw up if you don't do this tedious research.

I don't want to have a lesser character because I wanted to be strong and it turns out that strength messes up more valuable stats 50 levels later. I like games that let you pick your skills, but to be locked into classes and then have to use excel and the internet cheat sites to try and figure out how I can get a decent long term character isn't something I want to do.

Asdar

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Scot
    Characters being differant does not follow easymode MMO design principles. You should have nothing to think about before you press PLAY. Having to read some lore or work out what class is the best for you is a no-no. So the very idea that you need to understand stats and skills would send an easymode desginer running for the hills.

You never theorycraft or read about it?

No wonder you are so misguided. You are ignoring a large part of fun meta-game.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by iixviiiix

Earn some stats when level up and build your character in your own way.

Equipment depend on stats. 

Why they don't allow player to build our character anymore ?

I know that there still some game use that system , but why most MMOs out here don't use it ?

Depends what MMO you are playing, Age Of  Wushu is one such game that allows you to build your character. Seems to me that you really should retitle your thread.

Why don't themepark developers allow us to build our characters anymore.

Not really, both Guild Wars 2 and TSW are themeparks through and through and have this kind of character building to some extent -- TSW in allocation of AP and SP while levelling, and at "end-game" in upgrading / glyphing gear, GW2 in the traits system.