Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dragon's Prophet: Runewaker's Onto Something

2»

Comments

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    from the official mmorpg video, game looked terrible, with the frame rate even worse, very poorly optimized from what i saw

hallo ~_~

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    I don't know if you've played any other AAA-MMOs yet. Anyway, I'd be really careful because you make it look like as the worlds best game but....I can't say more due to NDA.  Just one thing, it is the first step to rise expectations, don't know if it is a good thing for this game, be more objective , so people may be suprised afterwards.

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I have to say, this game looks awesome and I have already decided to sub to the station access pass when this launches.   Looks fun and if SOE keeps getting good games, they will have my 20 a month for a while.  EQ, EQ2, PS2, this and soon to come EQN.   Yeah say what you will about SOE, but they are right up my alley :)   

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    God, I hope I can ride my dragon into combat after raising & training it? (Many games have pets etc, but very few ever let an everyday (casual) player like me on top of a dragon to wage war, if any). So, to me; Mounted combat on top of a dragon= Instant buy! :p
  • BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'm a big dragon fanatic but unfortunately this game comes off as a cheap ploy to grab interested parties... But dragons have been abused as bait in name and inclusion forever.

It seems like runewaker knows how to make a quality game with a hook, but I already feel like the transactions involved are unreasonable, the games in beta and their already marketing packages which cost more than buying GW2 up front retail. Is it even competitive in quality?

Than there's the way dragons are treated, you tame watered down hybrids and they amount to temporary pets, your subjecting something that is suppose to be spectacular to a humans b*tch. Furthermore an awesome creature like a dragon can't stand out in a world all about dragons, they best fit a world teeming with mystical creatures, instead, its a world full of faximaly dragons...

It's F2P so I'll definitely try it out, but I'm certainly not impressed so far and not confident in their product at all. Throwing desired features together to bait players in doesn't result in a good game, what you want still has to be done right.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

I uninstalled it, but then again, I'm a casual, old school gamer who is sick and tired of the action combat trend.

Some of us are sick and tired of the crappy, easy, unfun, mindless tab target trend. Glad that "trend" is dying.

As if mindless button mashing in real time is any more difficult.  It is easy, unfun and after more than 30 minutes of it, irritating beyond belief.  Tab Targeting hasn't died off yet and it will be included in Wildstar and EQ Next and most likely in Star Citizen too.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

I uninstalled it, but then again, I'm a casual, old school gamer who is sick and tired of the action combat trend.

Some of us are sick and tired of the crappy, easy, unfun, mindless tab target trend. Glad that "trend" is dying.

As if mindless button mashing in real time is any more difficult.  It is easy, unfun and after more than 30 minutes of it, irritating beyond belief.

You clearly have never played a good action combat game.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    No trinity, no thank you.

Ha, I need to make that into a signature or something!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

As if mindless button mashing in real time is any more difficult.  It is easy, unfun and after more than 30 minutes of it, irritating beyond belief.

You clearly have never played a good action combat game.

There is a distinct reason why I left arcade games behind and turned to RPG's and the primary reason was the slower paced combat.  Back then, people wanted an alternative to the twitch play style.  I don't think that desire has changed. [mod edit]

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KaoftheRoseKaoftheRose Member UncommonPosts: 73

tried it... game sucks.

almost everything is completely off about the game. controls, combat, graphics.... i guess its back to neverwinter.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I tried it. I rarely if ever uninstall a game after less than 10 minutes however this one was so awful I couldnt stick with it. Due to NDA I guess I cant say a heck of alot but I will say it is certainly not my cup of tea.

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88

Bill, you mention that the game is sandboxy. Last time I checked using the words sanbox and Dragon's Prophet in the same sentence is classified as an oxymoron;-)

I had a good chuckle when I read that sentence.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    This game looks to good. I'm downloading
  • kyse2kyse2 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    runes of magic was fun but yes on the pvp servers it was pay to win and made me quit once my guild quit lol but dragons prophet is really fun I would say give it a shot if u don't think u would like it in the long run then just don't buy anything and have fun and see what happens :P
  • marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36
    im sorry but this game is no more visually appealing then runes of magic yet it will take a gtx 5000 ti double cooling water cooled with steam vents graphics card to run is not what I would have expected from this free to play publisher. While I enjoy many aspects of runewaker's games over the majority it will do nothing if i can't even play it.
  • LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

Those bars (health , mana and the yellow one) on the top left corner look worst then any mmorpg made 10 years ago.

Also, the lack of trinity might be a big nail on the coffin of this game, people need to feel that can make a diference in group. Unless they find a way to overcome this, we might be looking to the same flaw that guild wars 2 is suffering right now.

The pet dragon system sounded very similar to the pet susyem implemented in Wow, which is a good thing.

The game has really cool concepts, I wish the best to this project.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Camelot Unchained.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

First off, I cannot believe this Runes of Magic developer can support a cosmetic cash shop.  RoM was such a pay-to-win game, it is just hard to believe they can keep from doing that to this game.

I will watch this game for awhile, might try it if they keep to their word, but RoM was not very pay-to-win at release either.

You want to know? look at whos producing it and hosting the servers for RoM it was Frogster for Dragon's Prophet its SOE. SOE has a bigger check book than Frogster does so Runewaker is able to do the Cosmetic Cash Shop if they wish.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by Bill Murphy
    It really needs a good heaping helping of bug fixes and localization before it’s ready for prime time here

Understatement of the year so far..

The bugs are insane and ridiculous, and the localization is beyond bad..

By "bugs" it includes skill problems, to randomly falling into the earth itself to your instant death and vice versa when in the sky..  With a million other things you could point out..

It's far closer to an Alpha..

• darkraignedarkraigne Member Posts: 17
    I just hope the game has voice acted quests on release I mean for me bad voice acting is better than none at all and I've been spoiled but neverwinter and tor. I can deal with bad voice acting I'm a old school martial arts fan. If the stories weak I'd rather listen to it then read it. And I'm fed up of weak storyline MMO's with no voice overs. Game seems good but needs some voice work!
    I just hope the game has voice acted quests on release I mean for me bad voice acting is better than none at all and I've been spoiled but neverwinter and tor. I can deal with bad voice acting I'm a old school martial arts fan. If the stories weak I'd rather listen to it then read it. And I'm fed up of weak storyline MMO's with no voice overs. Game seems good but needs some voice work!
    I mean why can't we get a SWTOR quality story with a devil may cry style combat I'd pay subs for that. The closest we're came is neverwinter and to be honest that's what's took me away from the dragons prophet beta and only cuz I can't be reading ever single quest. If I want to read I'd pick up my a song of fire and ice series and read something worth reading.
    Only fault with neverwinter combat that DP doesn't succumb to is the hold mouse key to auto spam attack combo without and combo skill.
    Just give dragons prophet a half good work over. keep cash shop vanity and you will have a successful mmo like no other, and they do that I'll support the with my $10+/month to cover the sub fee.
  • SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 220

Well....lets take a look....first off i see SOE.

SOE = Crap. They ruin everything they touch. They have lost all chance of me ever taking them seriously or bothering with another game from them....ever.

Runewalker = ROM = P2W, never looks like it at first...but they sucker it in at high levels. Cash grab. Nothing more.

~I am Many~