Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All about ganking?

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

Really interested in this game, especially the crafting and rewards system. Not to mention the full loot pvp.

But every "lets play" I see it's the same: huge ganking by PK'ers. You can't solo.

You try and chop wood, 3 russians pop out and rape you a new one.

Try to quest and a full clan sends you to neverland.

Is it really a gankfest?

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Darkfall has always been about ruthless PvP and its community is infamous for being full of trolls, griefers, gankers and straight up *ssholes of various breeds. PvP is the meat and potatoes of the game and that will never change.

Be ready for that and you can still have a lot of fun (haven't played DFUW just DF1 but the concept hasn't changed that much afaik). As in any FFA PvP full loot game, basic rules apply: play with some friends or join a guild, be careful when you're out in the world. don't carry stuff you can't afford to lose.

If you're the type who wants to solo PvE in peace however, play something else.

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

I understand your point of view, so let me explain mine:

I like PvP (I don't LOVE it, just like it), but I love the stress to be constantly under danger. Played UO for 5+ years and loved the full pvp and the fear.

But I like to do stuff on my own, so if this game is really full of nomad gypsies ganking everyone in sight, then I will just waste my money and time. Wish there was a trial...

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

@Jaldren

Find a guild thats recruiting new players.

Other than that,i think you know exactly what DFUW is.

Lolipops !

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Jaldren
    Wish there was a trial...

Me too. I'm not giving AV any money until I've tried the game, they've lost my trust completely.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

this game isnt as bad as peopel make it out to be.  Is it full loot pvp?  Yes, but gear isnt that hard come by via crafting and in fact the game has in my opinion 1 of the best crafting systems. 

It isnt all gank lose everything a lot of the time ppl are peacful at spawns becuase 3 ppl increases spawn rates drasticaly so its in your best interest to let a few others farm the same spawn.

Not to mention a lot of the easier mobs once you get going can and are usualy done naked or in low tier gear so ppl arent inclined to gank you when you dont have valuable gear on,  you dont always need your plate as a warrior sometimes simple chain works great and you can make 30 pairs of throw away chain with shor tharvesting time involved same for low wepons for farming mobs.

Save your best stuff for when you actively seeking pvp or rolling with guild.

I personaly do 95% of my playing solo and I have 30k prowess and loving the game, it harkens back to old school games like UO / EQ where growing your character was epic and felt awsome combined with a deadly crafting system and huge risk reward pvp system the game is well worth a try.

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Really interested in this game, especially the crafting and rewards system. Not to mention the full loot pvp.

But every "lets play" I see it's the same: huge ganking by PK'ers. You can't solo.

Is it really a gankfest?

You can easily get 10-15k of prowess not ever leaving safe zone. And nobody can gank you in safe zone because it's, well, called safe for a reason. And after that you will get into the game and perhaps will find some mates or even a clan. Because playing solo all the time is boring.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

I like PvP (I don't LOVE it, just like it), but I love the stress to be constantly under danger. Played UO for 5+ years and loved the full pvp and the fear.

But I like to do stuff on my own, so if this game is really full of nomad gypsies ganking everyone in sight, then I will just waste my money and time. Wish there was a trial...

The huge difference btw old UO and DFUW is that in UO PK:s risked something, statloss with loss of skills that needed to be retrained. In DFUW a red (PK) is just another colour, there is no consequences killing innocent players. There is a risk vs reward enviroment in DFUW but there is no consequences taking murdercounts and that is a big flaw with DFUW.

DFUW would have been a whole lot better game with consequences for PK:s. There would be alot less newbie griefing and ganking of innocent players.

In UO the most skilled players became PK:s, in DFUW newbie PK:s with 40 friends gank and grief everyone they see. DFUW is a game without a working alignment system.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    ....DFUW is a game without a working alignment system.

DF original was a game without a working alignment system. DF:UW is agame WITHOUT ANY  alignment system.

AV couldnt figure out any working alignement system and gave up on it trashing racial warfare and lots of lore RP with it too.

Thats why the only way to play it is to join a clan abd hope it can defend you. For soloplayers nobody will defend you.

Thats why DF:UW is forcing you to the only playstyle that exists group arena style  PvP .

So yes there is not much for a soloplayer to enjoy other then  facing ganking squads and be rolled over. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Is it really a gankfest?

Join a clan or yes, this will be the majority of your early experiences once you venture out of the safe zone.

This is the reality of it, not much more to say really.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Game is alive and thriving now. It wont be forever. Come in and joine the fun! You will lose everything and cry but its not like its an experience you can have some other time because games like this come and go fast so you miss out if you dont join during the launch.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

I'm the same as you, except I'm not wasting my money or time. I am finding spots to hunt as I solo. It's fun.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

There's no alignment system to prevent any confirmed killers from entering the safe zones so no repercussion when you kill anyone and as a result, everyone lives in the safe zone. Anyone outside the safe zones are automatically hostile to you.

I miss racial wars. A basic alignment system would be great too.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif