Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Bill Murphy's Video Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bill Murphy lays down his final thoughts and rating for Defiance from Trion Worlds. After four weeks plus a few days of playing, how does it shake out? Watch on to find out.

Check it out on the Defiance Video Review page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    nice i like these types of video reviews a lot more than the written ones:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• R1CH4RDR1CH4RD Member Posts: 1
    Love video reviews !
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Well you pretty much nailed this. Great Review!!!
  • flynn444flynn444 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Can we get a second opinion?  Ever since Bill's risible review of GW2, his credibility is low in my book.
    Originally posted by flynn444
    Can we get a second opinion?  Ever since Bill's risible review of GW2, his credibility is low in my book.

you can have 31 more opinions from review sites... they all about feel the same http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/defiance and most actually would rate it lower

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Thats funny you talk about credibility. After watching this I said to myself well Bills stock just went up. This poor guy had to do 5 segements on this game and still managed to hit the final review spot on.

If that were me, by the time I got to the 5th review of whar really is a 6.6 game ( polite way of saying hey defiance you got some work to do ) I probably wouldn't have the patience.
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

People on this site(and gamers in general) really seem to be happy when a review agrees with their opinion of a game, Kudos on needing that validation. Luckily the only review/opinion I care about is mine.

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Lazarus71

People on this site(and gamers in general) really seem to be happy when a review agrees with their opinion of a game, Kudos on needing that validation. Luckily the only review/opinion I care about is mine.

i agree although one issue with a MMO not being well recieved is it generally means less people playing which not only leads to less people around to group and do things with but causes MMOs to start going into a more maintenance mode of development where hardly anything new comes out or when stuff does it takes much longer than it should as they are not getting the revenue to keep pumping out the content and having a large staff working on the game

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

i agree although one issue with a MMO not being well recieved is it generally means less people playing which not only leads to less people around to group and do things with but causes MMOs to start going into a more maintenance mode of development where hardly anything new comes out or when stuff does it takes much longer than it should as they are not getting the revenue to keep pumping out the content and having a large staff working on the game

if a games not being well recieved, then maybe there's a reason? think about it.

Originally posted by Asamof

if a games not being well recieved, then maybe there's a reason? think about it.

if that was directed at me i know and was why i wrote what i wrote.. We see it happening all the time with games.. i'm also saying just because its not well recieved doesn't mean if you love the game you shouldn't stop loving it but still generally means there are some major issues that will have a heavy impact on the future of the game unless changes are made which fans should be aware of and care about imho..

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    ...start going into a more maintenance mode of development where hardly anything new comes out or when stuff does it takes much longer than it should as they are not getting the revenue to keep pumping out the content and having a large staff working on the game

This is How Defiance has Launched so far, its sad. I hope they turn it around quick!

overall good review.