Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacks bad and getting worse...

chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Well beyond the hacks as I will show, the version of this game just isn't ps1 as much as I want it to be. I think this is explained so much better in other threads so I will leave that be. But the anti-hacking that they boasted would be in this game is far from it when you see things like this...

(this is from a hacker site, I get these for I like to know the latest games effected and being aimed at)...

" We've added PlanetSide 2, The War Z & Diablo 3 to our client just a few hours ago. We are also working on our upcoming BF4 Hack - once it hits the beta you are invited to help us to create the most powerfull cheat for BF4 available"

Needless to say this isn't the only one I have come across but I don't want to "emphize" who what where when for I won't feed the hacking fest. Just pointing out I knew it was running rampant latly more then not in ps2 and now it seems, new version are coming out within hours of this posting. Just saying, people are wlling to fork money over to get hacks for games like this. It tells you really that MP games are just dead, well at least any ftp where the consiquance to hacking doesn't hurt the hacker user.

Just erks me to no one end when we brought this up over and over prior to this going live and saying "you know free to play will equal hackfest" as it cost no one to make another account with another email. Sure their time is wasted certing up, but then when do you need certs when you can just hack your way threw. Equipment and items be damed!

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

LOL i quit that game about a week after laucnh got tired of being swarmed by goups of one hit one hit point no shileds immortals

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

almost all shooters are hacked before they even release. these websites that sell/rent hacks have people in the betas working on a hack that is ready for release of the game.  I use to play alot of shooters some on ladders in competetive play, but hacks have pretty much ruined all of that for me. now i find myself not even having fun in them, as most are so hacked up its just pathetic.

the biggest problem isnt the blatent aimbotter that goes out and kills 100 people in a second he gets banned. its the guys who use wall hacks/no recoil/no spray and so on to give him a slight but not so obvious advantage, they are the hard ones to detect but are still cheaters that help ruin the game.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

almost all shooters are hacked before they even release. these websites that sell/rent hacks have people in the betas working on a hack that is ready for release of the game.  I use to play alot of shooters some on ladders in competetive play, but hacks have pretty much ruined all of that for me. now i find myself not even having fun in them, as most are so hacked up its just pathetic.

the biggest problem isnt the blatent aimbotter that goes out and kills 100 people in a second he gets banned. its the guys who use wall hacks/no recoil/no spray and so on to give him a slight but not so obvious advantage, they are the hard ones to detect but are still cheaters that help ruin the game.

Could now have said it better myself.. There are SOOOO many guys that use the cheats that give me a advantage.. 

I know people will say there are hacks in all FPS games which is true, the difference in other games that are not massive these guys usually get the boot from the server admin.

In Planetside 2 these GM's that they have really are pretty useless.  It takes them hours to do something about the blatant hackers, I can pretty much guess how they deal with guys that are less blatant...

I never though I would say it but Planetside 2 has kind of turned me off from Massive Online FPS games due to the fact that they can not deal with hackers, at all..

They pretty much lied to us about being able to handle hackers.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Came across more hackers in gw2, wow & war amongst others.
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Yep, everyone knows F2P = H2W (Hack to win). But "F2P" is in a bubble at the moment, which I think will burst in one or two years. Let's hope.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Now imagine if the wars in PS2 affected territory control in one of SOE's other titles.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Lok, I think that is genius. Rather than one MMO, have two of them, each linked by actions of the other. THAT is ground breaking and takes gaming to an whole new level. Bravo.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by Arclan

Lok, I think that is genius. Rather than one MMO, have two of them, each linked by actions of the other. THAT is ground breaking and takes gaming to an whole new level. Bravo.

Was'nt that what DUST 514 was supposed to do ? 

(Serious question, cause I lost track of this once I saw it was a console exclusive, but I thought it was related with the EVE universe and that actions in one could have impact in the other ?)

• TallynTallyn Member UncommonPosts: 217

Not sure what server you guys try playing on, but I haven't seen 1 hacker in the last 2 weeks on Matherson, and maybe encountered 1 in the last month or so. That's averaging about 24 hours a week mostly during primetime.

I'm not denying the existence of a hacker problem at all, but I want to point out that SOE has made a very public display of hacker hunting and banning. Whereas hacker prevention inevitably fails in every F2P online game, SOE has done a very good job at following up that failure with an extremely active in-game anti-hacker team.

Then again, Mattherson seems to avoid most of the problems that many people complain about on these forums, probably because the server is full of many of the top outfits from PS1. We seem to police ourselves over there.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see a real state of the game or get responses from the devs like Higby and others, check out the planetside reddit page instead of feeding off of mongering on forums like this. Just some advice, since you'd be surprised and impressed with how awesome the PS2s dev team is to the community on reddit and planetside universe. That's where they go to for advice, feedback, comments, suggestions, and to mess around. Good community = good dev response, which is non-existent here.

Anyway, did you even know that the lattice system is about to be put back in next patch, OP? How's that in regards to more PS1 for ya? That's AFTER the players asked for it on sites like reddit and planetside universe. =)

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Wow!  Hackers in a heavily weighted pvp game?   Heavens forfend!  (Any more questions as to why we carebears do not like pvp, open world or otherwise?)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Tallyn

Not sure what server you guys try playing on, but I haven't seen 1 hacker in the last 2 weeks on Matherson, and maybe encountered 1 in the last month or so. That's averaging about 24 hours a week mostly during primetime.

I'm not denying the existence of a hacker problem at all, but I want to point out that SOE has made a very public display of hacker hunting and banning. Whereas hacker prevention inevitably fails in every F2P online game, SOE has done a very good job at following up that failure with an extremely active in-game anti-hacker team.

Then again, Mattherson seems to avoid most of the problems that many people complain about on these forums, probably because the server is full of many of the top outfits from PS1. We seem to police ourselves over there.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see a real state of the game or get responses from the devs like Higby and others, check out the planetside reddit page instead of feeding off of mongering on forums like this. Just some advice, since you'd be surprised and impressed with how awesome the PS2s dev team is to the community on reddit and planetside universe. That's where they go to for advice, feedback, comments, suggestions, and to mess around. Good community = good dev response, which is non-existent here.

Anyway, did you even know that the lattice system is about to be put back in next patch, OP? How's that in regards to more PS1 for ya? That's AFTER the players asked for it on sites like reddit and planetside universe. =)

sounds like the ill reputed system that came from the Underground base fights in PS1, which were universally (at least in the outfit i was in at the time) regarded as being a PITA..  as for reddit, its just another forum, and one i don't use nor intend to, nor do i use tentonhammer for that matter, which is imo at least,  a bit more reputable than reddit. But back to hacking on Matheson, it happens, a lot, most days we report someone we know is hacking, and thats just the ones we encounter, and the more obvious ones at that, as an earlier poster mentioned, there are hacks available that are less obvious, and while it may be a tad controversial, i think the only way the hacking issue is going to get sorted out, is if the game ceases to be F2P, and starts banning hackers credit cards.. image

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    It really pains me to say this being a PC gamer. But its starting to look like the only way we can get around hacks are focusing on Console games for shooters. I used to be a High ranking in unreal tournament before this whole hacking thing came to pass (Talking double digits). Playing on PC is still my preference however Consoles are starting to lock online content to anyone who homebrews their system. Given that this can keep out hackers, it looks like shooters will fall into a console only catagory eventually. 

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Skooma
    Like you don't get pve hackers

All them bots in wow and gw2
    People making power level maps in neverwinter
    People teleport hacking to raid bosses they want

Etc..
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Skooma2
    Wow!  Hackers in a heavily weighted pvp game?   Heavens forfend!  (Any more questions as to why we carebears do not like pvp, open world or otherwise?)

I thought it was because you guys apply inaccurate stereotypes to PvP games thus creating a mental roadblock which causes carebares to take a disheartened approach to any & all things competitive

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Skooma
    Like you don't get pve hackers

All them bots in wow and gw2
    People making power level maps in neverwinter
    People teleport hacking to raid bosses they want

Etc..

I do not play the two games you have listed (I quit GW2 out of boredom).   I have not yet played Neverwinter, but I never play any game where the players are producing content.   And, I believe you're being a little paranoid over criticism of pvp games.  I realize that there are a minority of players who gank, hang around rez sites, etc., but there are enough of them to make we carebears stay away.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Originally posted by General-Zod

I thought it was because you guys apply inaccurate stereotypes to PvP games thus creating a mental roadblock which causes carebares to take a disheartened approach to any & all things competitive

The best pvp  game I ever played was GW1.  There were so many types of pvp one didn't know where to start.  Do you know why I like that type of pvp, and not the open world pvp?  It's because in GW1 both sides had equal numbers of players, thus making for strategic pvp rather than open world ganking and naked runs.  I believe it's called arena pvp and it's only the gankers who hate it.  Compete on even ground???  Heavens forfend!

I hate arena because its repetitive as hell and boring.

It's fine in a free game like gw1, but why anyone would pay a sub to say wow to sit queueing for it is beyond me.

Also to even suggest gw1 is more strategic than say eve or daoc is insane.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I hate arena because its repetitive as hell and boring.

It's fine in a free game like gw1, but why anyone would pay a sub to say wow to sit queueing for it is beyond me.

Also to even suggest gw1 is more strategic than say eve or daoc is insane.

GW1 is not, nor has it ever been, a F2P game.  It is B2P.  And GW1 pvp is more strategic than any game considering you can  have 100s and 100s of skills, but you can only take seven and have to coordinate with your team 's skills.  It's called theory-crafting which takes a lot more cerebral horsepower than getting some guild buddies and runing out ganking all who dare to stand before you.

As for my sanity, there are a number of competing theories.

No you don't understand the difference between tactics and strategy.

Gw1 has lots of tactics, with the way you compose your builds and teams, the way you counter attacks in combat etc..

But it doesn't have as much strategy as a well designed ffa or rvr game, because;
    1 there's less players involved
    2 its against a timer
    3 its in a little box.
    4 theres no meta involved in organising activities with other corps and guilds, maintaining morale etc..
    And anyway, when it cones to theory crafting and builds eve is top dog anyway, you think gw Involves lots of theory craft, it ain't nothing on eve where you have to plan your builds weeks in advance.
    OK, my last post on this topic.  There is no better theory-crafting than that offered in TSW.  It's Secretariat in the Belmont and everyone else is battling for 2nd place.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

The best pvp  game I ever played was GW1.  There were so many types of pvp one didn't know where to start.  Do you know why I like that type of pvp, and not the open world pvp?  It's because in GW1 both sides had equal numbers of players, thus making for strategic pvp rather than open world ganking and naked runs.  I believe it's called arena pvp and it's only the gankers who hate it.  Compete on even ground???  Heavens forfend!

I understand your concern...

However your perspective takes a "victim-of-ganking" standpoint which is quite common among players like you. There is nothing wrong with arena style PvP other than the fact that it requires little skill and doesnt favor anybody that excels at PvP. Success in arena PvP solely relies on how well your team can preform their role due to the fact that everybody is more or less equal due to the class system that is common with arena PvP.

So yes, if you have only been exposed to arena style PvP I could see how one would be scared to death of being outnumbered, they never had to deal...

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

You know, I hate to play devil's advocate here but those who have no cash seemingly flock to this game. It's a game full of people who spend no cash on it.

So don't mind me while I cat-in-the-hat grin in my corner over here. :)

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog

I understand your concern...

However your perspective takes a "victim-of-ganking" standpoint which is quite common among players like you. There is nothing wrong with arena style PvP other than the fact that it requires little skill and doesnt favor anybody that excels at PvP. Success in arena PvP solely relies on how well your team can preform their role due to the fact that everybody is more or less equal due to the class system that is common with arena PvP.

So yes, if you have only been exposed to arena style PvP I could see how one would be scared to death of being outnumbered, they never had to deal...

I am not "scared to death of being outnumbered."  It is just that I believe theory crafting an arena pvp TEAM takes more cerebral horsepower than that of open world pvp.  Thus, it is not a matter of fear; I just find theory crafting with a team is more mentally stimulating to me and I prefer it.   It could be the reason that TSW is installed on my rig; it's a game that requires me to think.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

When it comes down to it, it is the free to play that makes it a redundant cycle of hackers. When there is no actual cost to hacking (IE paying for an actual account etc) the more people will continue to do so. GW2 has hackers and so does every game out there with MP in it for sure, but when there is a cost factor, you see allot less of it if the development team is activily seeking out bans on these type of people.

In this case, they are no argument about it, but the fact remains being free to play just equals making account #12 and keep going if your that type of player. No skin off their backs so to speak. When you have to pay for a server (IE monthly fee) as many of us suggested they should have a paying version for the serious players and non for the free to play, this could "help" the issue. No it wouldn't fix it, but if they kept on top if it, it would definitely be very scarce compared to what it is now in free to play servers.

When we brought this idea up however, the response then and after was the same however "That would break up the community to much we believe" and they would probably be right.  Don't know, I just don't see it here keeping viable, better off with BF3 and the like , at least you can find servers with admins that kick/ban daily with more control. Thou it doesn't stop it, it does help allot :)

Personally with a game like this (if I was on the team) I would go with a massive ban hammer just watching threw peoples eyes all day, but alas I believe it would end up with a good part of the population being banned. My personal experience has been every 15min I am seeing something that just doesn't make sense. Being I have been playing these games sense conception, I am sure about half of them are probably ok while the other half isn't , taking that into consideration still is 30min running into someone doing a hack of some sort if not sooner.

I am no care bare, but I don't find a non-even combat field any fun for the ones that attempt to play it as it is ment to be played. All you have to do is search for griefer videos on utube, there are people that thrive off of grieving others, it's actually sad to watch for I personally don't get how ruining another's gaming experience a muse for entertainment.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"