Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Review In Progress #2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Darkfall: Unholy Wars launched late last month and promised to be true hardcore and a true sandbox. Today we continue our review in progress series leading up to our final review in a few weeks. See what we discovered in our next several hours in the game before heading to the comments to tell us about yours.

Crafting is one of the main focuses of Darkfall. But progression when crafting is pretty slow. While I intended to keep exploring with these few weeks I have the game, gearing up is an important aspect. I’m incredibly close to hitting the next milestone to craft new gear, I’ve found myself in a sort of rinse and repeat scenario. 

Read more of George Dimmock's Darkfall: Unholy Wars - Review In Progress #2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    ok, and where us the actual review? 
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    I came, I crafted, I forgot to review. Although it could be seen that he enjoyed crafting so much he got lost in it.

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Reading from the chat in the picture...

Ima Banger: "QUIT"

Ima Banger: "U WONT BE GOOD"

Sigh, I am glad I did not buy this game! 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It looks like they are taking a different approach with DF:UW and Wushu. 

Lets see how 3 and 4 turn out.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Kanyl

to be fair, global's global no matter what game you're in. 

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    If you love grief, zergin or unbalanced pvp this game is for you if not stay clear. Take a mmo take out all quest givers and story and make full loot upon death and there you have darkfall plus add abunch of bugs.
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Beside some people spamming global chat at times you do realise this game is much more mature then most other mmorpgs?  This game is not appealing to kids and i would say the majority of the playerbase is atleast in their 20s and older.

Pulling a game down because you see 1 guy say something in chat u should quit internet in its whole.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by kriminal66
    If you love grief, zergin or unbalanced pvp this game is for you if not stay clear. Take a mmo take out all quest givers and story and make full loot upon death and there you have darkfall plus add abunch of bugs.

Couldn't be more wrong. The game is nothing like your run of the mill quest mmo's.

DFUW Is the best mmo i have played since the start of Warcraft and ive tryed them all.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

How can you review the game with 1.5k prowess?  Sorry but you are so way off on this review, Did AV pay you to say these things?

The launcher is constantly causing many people issues, for instance over the last 48 hours i have crashed easily two dozen times, I have been unable to login to the game, network errors, Login failed and the communityis vastly made up of griefers and the lets play to make others mad type.

The worls itself is nice, not ground breaking graphics but its decent, the combat when your not dealing with desync is enjoyable, but its a cut throat game, many have exploited the prowess system to gain60-70k prowess within 2 weeks of launch so their characters are basically end game pvp status.  they show no favor to newer players with 1/20 their own prowess, many new players have left the game due to the constant frustration of this fact.

AV communication has improved since DF 1, but with core problems they are still very quiet and unresponsive to them, almost like they are in denial over the issues.

Current state of content according to what AV said DFUW was supposed to have, is maybe 40-50% complete, and the remaining content i feel much like what they had done in DF 1 will be released as free expansions.

I am enjoying the game but i find that massive amount of crashes, downtime and overall the worst community of any MMO i have ever played is making the game become less fun every day.

IMO the game is not worth $40 nor a subscription fee, If you are interested in this game i suggest waiting for the bugs to be fixed if they ever are and for more content to be released, so many pieces are missing from this game.  best example is how they left out Elvenand Alfari racial cities and have given no reasoning for this, anyone with a brain knows this game was rushed to launch by th publishers, but at the same time AV had state numerous times since DF 2010 was announced that these map areas had been completed, when in fact as the game stand now they were not.

Fun game for awhile but i recommend waiting on ti for more content/improvements.

umm that is exactly what it is where am i wrong? Instead of quest givers you have feats lol same thing exact same thing kill x amount and to be honest its not a bad game but what I said is 100% true so dont lie.
    Originally posted by Onigod

Beside some people spamming global chat at times you do realise this game is much more mature then most other mmorpgs?  This game is not appealing to kids and i would say the majority of the playerbase is atleast in their 20s and older.

Pulling a game down because you see 1 guy say something in chat u should quit internet in its whole.

So no true, as a DF! 3 year vet and a very active UW player, DFUW is easily the worst community of any MMO i have ever played.

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 271
    game is not for everyone, but I had all but given up on mmos til this came out.. more interesting than a lot of recent offerings (wushu excluded).  join a clan though otherwise its pretty rough.  Market/AH should be in game in a month or so which should help the solo player experience a lot, allowing them to buy gear they dont want to craft themselves and such.  and allowing them to sell resources for gear.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    This game needs a trial. It's impossible to judge between the haters and fanbois. And 40$ is too much to just try a game.
  • mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Anthur
    This game needs a trial. It's impossible to judge between the haters and fanbois. And 40$ is too much to just try a game.

you are absolutley right. we need a trial!

I agree would have saved 40$. Especially when AV mods steam forums ands delete any review that does not sell the game.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I hope the quality of part 2 is not foreshadowing the actual review- as this was a complete worthless article.  Shame that players might make a decision about DF:UW based on this series.
  • JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131

800 Prowess

1.5k Prowess  a FULL WEEK LATER?!
    Am I the only person that feels this is highly suspect? Even the MOST casual gamer player at a snails pace could get more than 700 prowess in an extra week. 

Please get a different reviewer, someone who will actually play though the game, and not this guy, because this is honestly like playing through the opening cutscene of a game where you press A to jump and then say the game is ok.

Please tell me other DF fans think this is rediculous?

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131
    You get network error becouse youre character ist still loggt on u need to wait 2-3 min after every disconnect or crash or quit .I got sam prob but its no big deal to me , only the prob is that there is no v sync .

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    You must be in a rut if you have been playing for 2 weeks and have not yet left the safe zone and have that small amount of prowess.
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

Is this a joke?  [mod edit]

I was at 3k prowess in 6 hours total gametime.  That was easy just tapping Nodes.  Has this guy even finished a 150 feat next to the starter city? 

How is this even a 1 day review,[mod edit] 

YEA go chop trees for hours then show us the vid
  • BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Originally posted by kriminal66
    YEA go chop trees for hours then show us the vid

Aright my bad,  Exagerating maybe a bit,  Tutorial, 2 150 mob feats,  1000 resources,  Crafted to something.  Should net more prowess then this.  and this should not take more than 6 hours or even 8 if you are super casual noob. 

Im sorry for all the posts and rant,  and dont get me wrong I am pretty mad at AV and have a lot of negatives with this game.  But over and over again its getting passed along to the new guy journalist who is barely considered a gamer.  I would really like Bill or Garrot to review this game.  It gets enough attention on this website. 

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131
    Let rpperx.review.ruis game .Hes playing it like crazy hes few vidw o youtube also

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

Originally posted by knapu
    Let rpperx.review.ruis game .Hes playing it like crazy hes few vidw o youtube also

Ripper X is playing with a Zerg clan that is helping ruin the game.  Who cares about Ripper X and what his opinion of the game is behind the protection of a massive clan.  It will just be biased.

DFUW is broken atm anyways.
  • skullfistsskullfists Member Posts: 1
    Hey George can you do everyone a favor and join a guild or something and actually play the game because you have absolutely no idea what you're doing, I progressed further than you within 3 hours on my first night.