Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be dragons

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
So will there be dragons and epic fights against them? And will we be able to learn shouts like the greybeards does meaning you dont have to be the dragon born. Im not sure if they were around this games time line though. because dragons are one of the best additions to the elder scrolls series having a elder scrolls without them is sort of a down grade.

Comments

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

No Dragons in TESO, they weren't around in Tamriel in the timeframe the game is set in.

No Shouts, since it takes a long time to learn even a single shout if not a dragonborn, and you won't be one in TESO (given their rarity in the history of the game).

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i didn't care for the dragons in skyrim all that much.  the first few i came across were ok.  after that,  they became an annoyance.   i've probably started a dozen or so new characters and after the first i made it a point not to follow the main storyline just so i could explore the world in peace.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Devs have said there are no dragons in this time by TES lore but have hinted there maybe a way around that. My guess it could be like GW2 fractials where you jump around in time to enverts in the past and future. WoW did that as well to see major events from their lore. Maybe we will get a portal to Skyrim for some phased events they are planing for large raid type content. 
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by muffins89
    i didn't care for the dragons in skyrim all that much.  the first few i came across were ok.  after that,  they became an annoyance.   i've probably started a dozen or so new characters and after the first i made it a point not to follow the main storyline just so i could explore the world in peace.

I do exactly this. I have yet to complete the main story line.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by immodium

It doesnt matter if u go through the main plot but you still run into dragons in the open world...and fighting one at a time may get boring but theres nothing like fighting 3 of them at the same time in the open world while giants and other soldiers fighting them too with the mighty dragons mod they are no picnic to fight with. Hell it was just so cool to see one flying at a distance in the sky...that alone made skyrim so amazing and immersive.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by tkreep

It doesnt matter if u go through the main plot but you still run into dragons in the open world...and fighting one at a time may get boring but theres nothing like fighting 3 of them at the same time in the open world while giants and other soldiers fighting them too with the mighty dragons mod they are no picnic to fight with. Hell it was just so cool to see one flying at a distance in the sky...that alone made skyrim so amazing and immersive.

I've never fought three but I have fought two. Especially considering how much time I've put into skyrim you'd think I'd have more stories of multiple dragon fights.

I did install deadly dragons mod which makes them far more challenging. Actually too challenging for the first dragon fight you get but after that it's enjoyable.

I also tend to have a sort of "internal roleplay" where my characters follow set personaliy traits. So my main sees dragons as "omg, it's going to kill people if I don't stop it" and I've actually chased them across the world to kill them whereas I have another character who couldn't care less.

@op: I wouldn't be surprised if Zenimax "somehow" put a dragon into the game "somewhere".

wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I've never fought three but I have fought two. Especially considering how much time I've put into skyrim you'd think I'd have more stories of multiple dragon fights.

I did install deadly dragons mod which makes them far more challenging. Actually too challenging for the first dragon fight you get but after that it's enjoyable.

I also tend to have a sort of "internal roleplay" where my characters follow set personaliy traits. So my main sees dragons as "omg, it's going to kill people if I don't stop it" and I've actually chased them across the world to kill them whereas I have another character who couldn't care less.

@op: I wouldn't be surprised if Zenimax "somehow" put a dragon into the game "somewhere".

wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Its mainly cuz of mods that i had the chance to fight 3 but was able to only kill 2 of them at the time without companions because the third one had like over 8k hp and I was still low level with unenchanted gear.  I had to run for my life away from that one...but it was the most epic dragon fight i had in skyrim. Of course I went back and killed him later though lol.  I never use companions because im a loner and makes me feel more badass taking down dragons on my own and cuz companions tend to ruin my chances to have epic finishing animation.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

You actually don't encounter any dragons in the open world if you decide not to proceed with the main quest after Riverwood. Random dragon encounters only happen when you engage the first dragon outside of Whiterun.

I just found them really annoying tbh.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

I am sure that eventually you will get limited access to basic shouts and a time-rip or dragon resurrection style access to a Dragon encounter of some description.

I just hope they are harder to kill than in Skyrim - but I do hope they look the same - the Skyrim dragons are just right in terms of aesthetics in my opinion.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

I am sure that eventually you will get limited access to basic shouts and a time-rip or dragon resurrection style access to a Dragon encounter of some description.

I just hope they are harder to kill than in Skyrim - but I do hope they look the same - the Skyrim dragons are just right in terms of aesthetics in my opinion.

Also in feel.

When they swoop over you there is the feel of something immense pushing aside the air overhead.

They did an amazing job with their dragon designs.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo