Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter vs GW2 which is better?

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    FF14 is better by far from these two.
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by Xthos

GW2 - Classes felt bland, world was cluttered with hearts/quests, just couldn't get into my class, and the world felt too cluttered with checklists for my liking.

NW - Didn't like the UI, and the classes seemed to be too dumbed down, with minimal abilities, during my short play time there.  Also not a huge fan of over instancing, so foundry didn't offer much hope that things would get better.

So, while I wasn't a huge fan of either, I would vote GW2, seems to have a lot more going for it imo, if these are the two you are deciding on.

I disagree. Gw2 Character progression system is almost 0 compared to Neverwinter's. If you like attribute points, class systems, feats systems and item modification systemsa, you won't find it in GW2 , you will find it in Neverwinter. 

THere is a lot of micro mechanics in Neverwinter that a lot of people simpley didn't notice or even give a chance to develop, since from what I'm reading , alot people played for 2 minutes, and logged off. If those are the people you want to sway your opinion on what to play, people who never "played" the game, then there really shouldn't be a 8 + page thread on the matter lol .

I've played both games. I have reached a decent level in gw2 to say, it lacks in so many ways in character progression, that it is surprising that people still think it is a "great" well rounded title. IF you are into stale progression, get the next skill, GW 2 is for you. If you like to think a little bit , create a charactrer that is of your pickings, through attributes, feats, skill trees and the like, give neverwinter a shot.

Hey, come on now, I played NW for a good 30 minutes or so!

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    i play them both complete diffrent set ups both are good i find the secret world to be better than both  for now
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    So which of these 2 games is better? Which one has better story? Better combat? Better world? Also which one do you think will offer more depth and longer playability? Thanks and lets try to keep it civil.

Which is better, dog vomit or dog crap? This is basically the question you are asking. Neither game has any long term value. If you are just bored for Christmas and want something to play for  month go with GW2. It is the more polished game. However, know that it has very little replay value and once you hit max level your game is basically over due to horizontal progression. Well, unless you like playing dress up. Then you can grind for days in order to wear different clothes. That is end game for GW2...

If you are bored this festive season you could always necro-post on a 7 month old thread like Mustbaj did!

Seriously, I don't think the OP cares anymore guys.

• mustbajmustbaj Member Posts: 4
    Hey I was just saying it's free to play.. And people just kept bringing up other stuff. Kind of funny. Lol I'm about to try NW right now.
  • GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Guild Wars 2 in pretty much every aspect
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

GW2 - Classes felt bland, world was cluttered with hearts/quests, just couldn't get into my class, and the world felt too cluttered with checklists for my liking.

NW - Didn't like the UI, and the classes seemed to be too dumbed down, with minimal abilities, during my short play time there.  Also not a huge fan of over instancing, so foundry didn't offer much hope that things would get better.

So, while I wasn't a huge fan of either, I would vote GW2, seems to have a lot more going for it imo, if these are the two you are deciding on.

I disagree. Gw2 Character progression system is almost 0 compared to Neverwinter's. If you like attribute points, class systems, feats systems and item modification systemsa, you won't find it in GW2 , you will find it in Neverwinter. 

THere is a lot of micro mechanics in Neverwinter that a lot of people simpley didn't notice or even give a chance to develop, since from what I'm reading , alot people played for 2 minutes, and logged off. If those are the people you want to sway your opinion on what to play, people who never "played" the game, then there really shouldn't be a 8 + page thread on the matter lol .

I've played both games. I have reached a decent level in gw2 to say, it lacks in so many ways in character progression, that it is surprising that people still think it is a "great" well rounded title. IF you are into stale progression, get the next skill, GW 2 is for you. If you like to think a little bit , create a charactrer that is of your pickings, through attributes, feats, skill trees and the like, give neverwinter a shot.

Hey, come on now, I played NW for a good 30 minutes or so!

To have a formal opinion on a game, you need to play it for atleast a total of 782 hours or until level 20. which ever comes first. 30 minutes , do you work for PC Gamer or something ?

Sorry, when I hate something, I am gonna log out and not come back.  Time would of not fixed what I did not like about NW, do you work for them?!?!?!  People do not like the same thing.

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

GW2 is a better game overall IMO...although NW's combat system is better, the animation locks are annoying. ESO has the same combat w/o the locks...which made a huge difference for me, but I digress..NW is fun to get in and hack shit and GW2 is great for a story...the endgame and pvp lack in reason to do it...other than cosmestic shit it has...for GW2, never got endgame with NW...PWI bullshit made sure of that

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    This was an amazing necro, it's like people just started up where they left off 7 months ago.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    GW2 by a mile but I personally think both are terrible MMO's.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by reeereee
    This was an amazing necro, it's like people just started up where they left off 7 months ago.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.  Not a lot changes around here. ;)