Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

things to know before you start playing eve

1235»

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by apanz3r
    Originally posted by NetSage
    And, if you don't have the skills to take advantage of all the isk you get from plex what good does it do you?  OR if you bought a character too but don't have the knowledge well your going to burn through all that isk you bought with plex pretty quickly.  There isn't an I WIN button in eve.

All theory was that you don;t have the skill. But what if you have the skill ??

Then why would you need to sell PLEX?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

I liked the part where you said plex was an "I win" button while also complaining that nobody will risk pvp in expensive ships.

Originally posted by Hazelle

I liked the part where you said plex was an "I win" button while also complaining that nobody will risk pvp in expensive ships.

No no, you see people don't care at all about throwing away real money. They're only careful and prudent with game money.

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Hazelle

No no, you see people don't care at all about throwing away real money. They're only careful and prudent with game money.

of course. they've actually earned that in-game money.

try having your wallet show 10 billion while being an industrial pilot like me. You'll understand the value of an ISK.

If all you have is 10 bil you are really poor.

When i quit eve my assets including chars worthed like 50-60 bil.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527

If you have so much isk why do you need "gold battlecruisers"?

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Originally posted by jimdandy26

If you have so much isk why do you need "gold battlecruisers"?

What good is this isk if you don;t get fights ? Farm for what, spin a better ship ?

If you roam in something like 5-10-15 ships you will get blobed with supercaps or everybody else will stay docked or at pos.

Eventually when they will have 4-5 your numbers you will get a fight.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Average wallet in EVE is 2 billion. 10 billion wallet is a well set up character. Troll away though.

Originally posted by free2play

Average wallet in EVE is 2 billion. 10 billion wallet is a well set up character. Troll away though.

That's liquidity. I said assets which can be transformed in liquidity which is pretty much the same if you measure how rich you are.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Phry

Dude i have a lot of fun in World of Tanks. And i can really pvp 2 hours every day instead of preparing to pvp.

Your hot drop last like 5 minutes IF you are lucky.

its good that your enjoying world of tanks, but, even though Eve may not have the constant 'action' there is far more to Eve than just the PVP, which is why games like world of tanks just don't cut it for me. Even Planetside 2 has more engaging gameplay imo. image

I'd really enjoy EVE again if we could get decent high-sec content - get "on-demand" action with the same risk/reward cause-effect as PvP - but in PvE.

Missioning is awful - mining is boring - trade is useless in high-sec - at least exploration is getting a big bump in Odyssey.

Sansha is just as bad as PvE Raid grinding in Themepark games. Have to have the right build, right fleet comp to get invited and it's just a grind for isk with no real purpose.

Have you tried Red vs Blue? It was set up by and for people who want exactly that.

You must be really proud of how of how great of warrior you are ..... in a computer game.

I just want some instant pvp in the limited ammount of time i have after work, family etc.

then go play World of Tanks and leave EVE alone. Not everyone wants just PvP in a game. You do, so play a game that is just PVP. It is that simple. The problem with MMO's today is people  come in and want the game changed for their interests.  Play the game the way it is. If it is too hard, or too boring then the game is not for you.  I am sick of MMO's being made easier for the casual player. EVE is more about Political interaction of players than it is flying space ships(my opinion).

Currently bored with MMO's.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176
    This is one game I'll never understand how its so popular.  Chalk up to different stokes for different folks I guess.

SUP

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Only a small portion of the population of EVE actually churns, this portion is what fuels the abusers which comprise the majority. 
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock
    This is one game I'll never understand how its so popular.  Chalk up to different stokes for different folks I guess.

Popular is relative. Everybody and his dog have AT LEAST 2 accounts. Veterans have 3-4.

There have been official campains sustained by ccp to make alts with subscription discounts etc (power of 2 etc).

The game have his appeal but the problem is that basically force you to have eve as a second job.

• DemalisDemalis Member Posts: 134
    The thing I think you should know before you start playing eve is it has one of the best communities around. Yes it has its flaws, but I truly believe out of all the games I have played it is the best value for community game play. That being said I no longer play Eve, and was not there very long. A majority of the time I like to play solo, Eve is not a game you can play with that mind set, so we parted ways.  I miss the people I met in that game, but not the actual game.

I can't see the point of endlessly grinding mobs to get a tiny chance of better items to let you grind mobs better to get a tiny chance of a slightly better item until you're almost there then the game gets changed and now your items are shit so you need to endlessly grind mobs....

Ask you say, different strokes.

Popular is relative. Everybody and his dog have AT LEAST 2 accounts. Veterans have 3-4.

There have been official campains sustained by ccp to make alts with subscription discounts etc (power of 2 etc).

The game have his appeal but the problem is that basically force you to have eve as a second job.

Comments like this generally reveal more about the player than the game.

EVE will let you play pretty much how you like. (How you actually like, not how you think you like) If you bring a grinder mentality to it, you'll have a grinder experience. Other people play the game in a different want and have a different experience.