Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This won't be DAOC2, it's missing a key piece!

2»

Comments

• RaniontRaniont Member Posts: 2

In the SI days you could hit 50 and get a Spell crafted set in a day or so if you knew some crafters. Run a few easy quests and boom you're rvr ready. I got my bard to 50 and was in a sc'd set within 24 hours. Post TOA (which I didn't hate THAT much) it became a lot harder to jump in if you didn't have the right artifacts and such.

I like that it's all rvr based. I will be interested to see how many people make crafter bots to gear up their characters.

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by grimjakk

Actually, it's NOT supposed to be the successor to DAOC...  although we all DO kinda look at it that way.  ;)

The 'dual-sided coin' of PvE/PvP has been pretty well done out there.  There are a lot of games to choose from that fit that fit that general mold.  This is intended to be a niche game that captures the flavor of DAOC's RvR without the PvE grind.   And although DAOC's PvE was a huge improvement over EQ's, it WAS a grind. 

I think people talking about DAOC's "amazing" PvE either haven't played it in awhile or are closet masochists. ;)

lol i agree the PVE was the main reason I could never get into the game back in the day :P

I loved the PvE in DAoC. Great quest that you could solo and also had to get help from friends with. Large raids where you need 100+ people to kill a dragon. Open world dungeons that I spent hours doing dungeon crawls on. The art and maps were really well done for their time and I had great adventures exploring the PvE world. I might get on board with CU if they also brought some of that back to the table. Not all... just some.

The classic dungeon crawl in DAoC was awesome. Although I sucked at the grinds in EQ and DAoC and thus never got max level. But I enjoyed the hell out of Nisse's Lair, Vendo Caverns, Mithra, etc. It was scary going deep down and exploring those further and further.

• OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195

Personally I thought SI was the worst pve in the game. 8-12 hour galla runs... worst raiding i've ever done in an mmo. At least with ToA you could break it up a bit, though it impacted rvr far more than si did.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

There are already 50 games with a pve grind.

The point is nowadays it costs 150+ million to create a moden pve experience that most people will complete in under 30 days - SWTOR, GW2.

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24

I would resub daoc right now if:

-  I didn't have to PvE to catch back up

- If I could remember my buff bot, bard bot and animist account logins lol (yes I had 3 bots)

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by chrissreef

I would resub daoc right now if:

-  I didn't have to PvE to catch back up

- If I could remember my buff bot, bard bot and animist account logins lol (yes I had 3 bots)

You essentially don't have to pve to catch back up.  Game is incidentally a hollow shell of what it once was.

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185

Game doesn't need PvE it just needs conveniently placed mob spawns.

Something to do during server ghost-town.