Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to Mabinogi. Whats with the horrible lag?

drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Just created an account last night and downloaded the game. Seems pretty cool so far!

I was doing the combat tutorials and I was confused and got frustrated. The combat system seems cool, I was trying to perform the attacks that the tutorial said to and it was just not working. One second I am running up to the enemy and the next second I am back whre I started, or I would be attacking and then do counter but counter would not initiate and it would continue to regular attack.

I finally realized it wasnt me, it was the game that was causing these issues. I am playing on the new server. Just had really bad lag whenever I was in combat and almost made combat unplayable. 

Is the new server not an NA server? Thats the only thing I could think of as to why I experience such bad lag spikes.

Other then the lag so far I really enjpy what I see. Gonna be cool to explore the game further. I was not really looking for a new game but was reading a post here last night and someone suggested Mabinogi. I think I may have found a good casual game to play for a while alongside my other games!

Any advice on the game and the game mechanics and any possible lag fixes would be greatly appreciated! 

Comments

• drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    lol I guess no one plays mabinogi lol
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

The tutorial area itself (the ball room looking area) is slightly buggy, everyone thinks it's because of the extra interface instructions popping up.

The game itself goes through some lag spikes too - mostly in dungeons - but most of the time it plays fluid. Have you tried combat outside the tutorial area?

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Double post.