Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Makeb as an indication of sub numbers.

13»

Comments

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    my numbers would put my estimate at 510,000.
    I still think that's is giving SWTOR more subs then it has, but it still is a useful exercise.

Makeb may very well show what the true subscriber base number is. (Ballpark at any rate.)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

(I edited my quote from myself for dramatic effect.)

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    my numbers would put my estimate at 510,000.
    I still think that's is giving SWTOR more subs then it has, but it still is a useful exercise.

Makeb may very well show what the true subscriber base number is. (Ballpark at any rate.)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

(I edited my quote from myself for dramatic effect.)

"Since Makeb was new, it's pretty fair to assume that at least 10% of the people who ponied up the money to play it were playing it.

Even with erring on a generous side, that would mean SWTOR has around 255,000 subscribers. (Assuming a 10% concurrent population.)

Want to argue only 5% of the players played the game at the launch of the expansion, well that's 510,000 subscribers. (Which I find unlikely.)"

Full quote for comparison :-)

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Don't ruin my fun Ref! image
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

EA said "just under 500k", right?

how much is that,,legally?

i have a feeling, that the last HONEST number i saw, was from STO,,70k subs, right before F2P

PS even that number was prolly beefed up,,with lifetime accounts

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    30 instances of Makeb seems a little generous, there were only 3 running last night when I was on and the wait for a flashpoint is stretching considerably (2hrs+ now).  This is on Harbinger too, one of the more populous servers.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by simplius

EA said "just under 500k", right?

how much is that,,legally?

its 0 - 500 000.

But it doesnt matter that much, they know thats the peak and it will drop again very fast to whatever it was before paid content update (maybe more because lack of content, even more than at launch, Makeb takes 1-2 days to finish and even most dedicated fans are running out of alts to level 1-50)

EvE publishes its numbers regularly.