Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official game name should have "Veil" In it

meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
Veil Wars? Veilstorm? Veil Online? Something like that. The game really has nothing to do with Arthurian Camelot (King Arthur, Excalibur, etc.) and "unchained" refers to it being an indie project instead of done under EA's control. A name with "veil" would fit it much better.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Comments

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by meddyck
    Veil Wars? Veilstorm? Veil Online? Something like that. The game really has nothing to do with Arthurian Camelot (King Arthur, Excalibur, etc.) and "unchained" refers to it being an indie project instead of done under EA's control. A name with "veil" would fit it much better.

Veilstorm: TriRealm Unchaind =)

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    "Nothing to do with Arthurian Camelot" Except the name for a faction, along with that factions main city, along with the whole pulling out swords thing.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Joekra
    "Nothing to do with Arthurian Camelot" Except the name for a faction, along with that factions main city, along with the whole pulling out swords thing.

Was that all mentioned in the lore update? I have to confess I turned it off after the first few minutes out of boredom. But even still it would make more sense to have a name that refers to the core aspect of the lore, the Veil, than to one of the 3 realms.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Why Veil? If the lore of the game is that these factions have existed and are still fighting each other for existance then no veil has been lifted.  There was never a veil in place to begin with, it has been an apparently obvious war.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

No one here watched the lore video...

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• Doesn't have to have Veil in it. I think it could work great to have a reference to Arthurian legend in the title since it's such an important theme in the game.
  • SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

I think I'd enjoy seeing that to be honest.

Also it still amazes me how people around here say the darnest things about games they have no clue about.

Gotz to luv this place. *thumbsup*

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397
    Jesus unchained

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• AnideinAnidein Member UncommonPosts: 19

"Legend of The Veil."

"Veil Undone."

"Prophecy of the Veil."

"The Pierced Veil"

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187

Realms of the Pierced Veil

• Niix_OzekNiix_Ozek Member Posts: 397
    Honestly if it doesn't have Arthurian legend something thrown in I will be sad

Ozek - DAOC
    Niix - Other games that sucked

• Dippy11Dippy11 Member UncommonPosts: 283

The Quest for the Holy Veil

Knights of the Holy Veil

Arthur and the Holy Veil

The Veil Who Says Ni

• Delavega86Delavega86 Member Posts: 112

"the veil"

"shattered veil"

"enter the veil"

"veil online"