Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IMHO, This mentality is what has killed and will continue killing MMORPG's

13»

Comments

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

This topic has been beat to death so many times. It comes down to one point really. The people that want to play solo-orientated MMORPGs out number the people that want the old style group-centric game. The genre evolved or mutated or whatever the hell you want to call it to fill that demand.

Triple A developers with big budgets and lots of resources are not looking to grab the minority of players. The days of 250k subs being good by their standards are over. This is not 1999. So I would suggest to the people that want those types of games to go back and play the old ones, support an indy developer, or walk away from MMORPGs. The industry is not going to go backwards to try and please a handful of people. Millions of people are playing, enjoying and most importantly paying for the modern MMORPG.

There is no wrong or right in this situation. There is only personal preference.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    And who are you to say what people should like and should not?? I like to solo pve and mmo's are here to give me pvp option . I'm sick from so called ''social'' guys complaining about everything and giving me orders what i should do in pve. And by the way you can't solo heroic instances in most of mmo's so you have left something for you ''socials''
  • arrgyarrgy Member UncommonPosts: 87

DDO almost died because it did not cater to the solo gamer. Instead it came up with the hierling system, now you can pretty much solo the entire game without a group. Yet, at the same time they rewarded group players with the epic system (supposedly).

I think what is killing the MMO market for solo and group players is guilds. Its a double edged sword. There are some games where you can not get into a group unless you are in a guild because PUGs got a bad rep. If you don't want to join a guild, your screwed.

It would actually be refreshing for once, to see a MMO that did not allow guilds, and forced you to PUG all the time for group stuff.

This discussion has been closed.