Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Will Not Install

ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

FFS this all just got wiped clean while in the process of submitting it so I might not be as thorough now.

So I download the setup launch it, it says installing DirectX This May Take A While it finishes then a black box pops up for a split second then a glitchy blank internet explorer page opens that does not allow me to do anything except exit out of it.

I went to the help section of the games website followed everything it said downloaded .Net Framework even though I am certain I already had it followed through by enabling all of its features like the page said and I still have the same exact problem when launchng the Setup DirectX installs again then the same blank Internet Explorer page.

Edit: I'm using Windows 7

Comments

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Well I'm gonna go make some instant macaroni hope someone has an answer for me when I return.
  • ChuChuTrickChuChuTrick Member UncommonPosts: 27

This a little bit of a stab in the dark, check your Internet Explorer Options>Advanced Tab>Security section, and see if you have "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" checked, if so I'd uncheck it and try again.

Vangaurd SoH  had a similar problem to the one your descirbing and that was the fix for it.

Originally posted by ChuChuTrick

This a little bit of a stab in the dark, check your Internet Explorer Options>Advanced Tab>Security section, and see if you have "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" checked, if so I'd uncheck it and try again.

Vangaurd SoH  had a similar problem to the one your descirbing and that was the fix for it.

I can not find "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" went under security only option was the little slider bar so I went under custom settings to search for it and did not see it I never use internet explorer so I'm a bit lost.

Never mind you said make sure its unchecked it was by default so thats not the issue. =S
    Even turned off firewall and anti-virus still get the same stupid blank page.

Oh You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!

So I finally gave up and sent a support request from the Ghost Recon Online Website and this is what I get in response.

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support! This is an automated message to confirm that we have received your question.

You should expect a response from us within the next few business days (Monday - Friday)." FMLimage

I got it, sadly the actual Support staff were as lost as I was. As my last hope I thought I would try unistalling Internet Explorer and this worked after being reverted back to Internet Explorer 9 the game installed fine.
  • DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

Just an FYI, internet explorer is a crap browser...stop using it now....get another browser to use, stop updating or allowing IE to install or upgrade on your computer...turn off windows automatic updates...I know some critical updates are said to be needed by windows but honestly, those critical updates are often the cause of screwing up your computer and it's often not the games you play, it's microsoft and their bad updates.  If you notice, they are always releasing a critical update to fix a former critical update that was meant to fix a previous critical issue...blah blah, you don't need that crap...just learn to secure your own pc without the need to install critical updates.  

I haven't installed a single windows update from it's automatic update feature in nearly 10 years and have not issues whatsoever...I just disable all that stuff and get a copy of windows, streamline the install and manually update anything that needs updating.   I have no problem installing or playing any game of any kind unless it just was due to a bad install because of an application hang, memory issues or something simple like that which usually just requires a reboot of my system or cleaning up my temporary folder or something.

OH and stop installing everything and anything on your computers guys...if you don't use it everyday or many times per week, uninstall it...

Another option is if you have the resources, build a gaming PC that only has games on it...nothing else...no music programs, no Instant messenger programs, no excel, word or anything like that....some games integrate IE into it, but often have options to either disable that or use another browser...My games use firefox which I find much better than IE.

And if you ever have the option to not install directx when installing a game, don't install it unless it clearly states that it is definitely needed or that the version they are installing is an updated version of yours...even then, I prefer to get my directx updates from directx directly (same for java updates, shockwave flash and others...get it from the main source not third party companies like games)....most of the time you don't need to reinstall directx every time you install a game....chances are you have everything you need to play the game already if you already have other games you play that use directx.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Davynelord

Just an FYI, internet explorer is a crap browser...stop using it now....get another browser to use, stop updating or allowing IE to install or upgrade on your computer...turn off windows automatic updates...I know some critical updates are said to be needed by windows but honestly, those critical updates are often the cause of screwing up your computer and it's often not the games you play, it's microsoft and their bad updates.  If you notice, they are always releasing a critical update to fix a former critical update that was meant to fix a previous critical issue...blah blah, you don't need that crap...just learn to secure your own pc without the need to install critical updates.  

I haven't installed a single windows update from it's automatic update feature in nearly 10 years and have not issues whatsoever...I just disable all that stuff and get a copy of windows, streamline the install and manually update anything that needs updating.   I have no problem installing or playing any game of any kind unless it just was due to a bad install because of an application hang, memory issues or something simple like that which usually just requires a reboot of my system or cleaning up my temporary folder or something.

OH and stop installing everything and anything on your computers guys...if you don't use it everyday or many times per week, uninstall it...

Another option is if you have the resources, build a gaming PC that only has games on it...nothing else...no music programs, no Instant messenger programs, no excel, word or anything like that....some games integrate IE into it, but often have options to either disable that or use another browser...My games use firefox which I find much better than IE.

And if you ever have the option to not install directx when installing a game, don't install it unless it clearly states that it is definitely needed or that the version they are installing is an updated version of yours...even then, I prefer to get my directx updates from directx directly (same for java updates, shockwave flash and others...get it from the main source not third party companies like games)....most of the time you don't need to reinstall directx every time you install a game....chances are you have everything you need to play the game already if you already have other games you play that use directx.

Listen to this guy and get infected with all kinds of crap.  Every wannbe computer jocky loves to tell you how bad windows updates are bad for you mean while they end up with computers that are infected with every virus known to man and they need to wipe their computers clean every few months.  The only thing I agree with this guy about is IE is crap, but I am a Firefox and Chrome guy.  

Dont listen to guys like this EVER.  Been in IT for 10 years now and seen too many of these run their mouth better wannbe IT guys.  Trust me windows updates do break things, however it their security updates block more security holes than issues you will deal with.  

Originally posted by Davynelord

Um I never said I use internet explorer the installer itself was running through internet explorer I did not have a single default set with internet explorer and it was still running through it I also have Internet explorer updates off it was already updated to IE 10 when I bought my computer I just reverted it back to 9 also had no choice in regards to the Direct X soon as you launch the Installer it automatically does it with no exit button or anything.