Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grats to first lvl 60!!

WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?148961-Grats-to-lvl-60

How he did it?

He powerleveld with crafting. Astral diamonds for the win!!

Comments

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

100% P2W

nty :)

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Well if someone wants to blow 800 euro's in a day just to reach level 60 first. It's their loss. lol.

But it does reveal pretty clearly how this game can be thrown with the regular F2P games out there that are clearly P2W lol.

I guess I will wait and try it out somewhere next week.

But if someone can just pay their way to max level under 24 hours, then it worries where the cash shop is already going. /shrug

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Manolios

100% P2W

800 euros....Did he really win?  Did he?

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Wait, I thought this was still in beta... it's out?
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Ikeda

It was open beta and I don't think they are wiping characters so he will be lvl 60 when it releases.

Early access open beta started yesterday for the hero founders, tomorrow for guardian founders and the 30th for free people.  Open beta is essencially "soft" launch since there will be no wipes.

Honestly alot of F2P games, are never "officially" declared launched.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

hehe this reminds me of a cartoon joke I once saw.

Basically the picture is on a man and woman in bed. The woman looks really pissed off and the man has his arms up in the air and is shouting "I WIN, I WIN".

Some people are just too damn stupid to be allowed to do stuff!

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by Derros

100% P2W nty :)

It's not pay to win just yet. But these kinds of things are what seperates community in mmo's and why playing single player games and sub or buy to play is prefered over free to play / pay to win / item mall games. The thing is you dont have to play any of them. I see the f2p as an exuse for the game not being good enough to generate box sales. And a game without sub doesnt have a sub because its not good enough for a sub.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Is first to 80 really winning?  I'm sure those high end PVP zones are going to be a lot of fun for the next week or so while others catch up.  I mean he spent $200 or so for early access plus 800 Euro's to powerlevel to 60 and what did he get in the end except bragging rights?

I don't like the currency system in Neverwinter but I don't think the game is Pay 2 Win as much as Pay for the option to not have to grind.  Assuming the best gear ends up on the auction house (I don't know if it's bind on pickup or not) than people who buy Astral Diamonds will have the ability to bypass a lot of the games content.  However they still have to buy those Astral Diamonds from people who earn them and they still have to buy that gear from people who did the zones so other than inflation concerns I'm not seeing the P2W cash shop aspect of it.  

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126
    It's not really pay to win, it's more pay to get to max level. Isn't levelling supposed to be pretty fast anyway? Fair enough if that floats your boat I suppose, IMHO if that's 'winning' then I must be completely missing the point of MMOs.
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    Originally posted by Derros

100% P2W

It's not pay to win just yet. But these kinds of things are what seperates community in mmo's and why playing single player games and sub or buy to play is prefered over free to play / pay to win / item mall games. The thing is you dont have to play any of them. I see the f2p as an exuse for the game not being good enough to generate box sales. And a game without sub doesnt have a sub because its not good enough for a sub.

Eh, I've seen plenty of people rush to cap in plenty of games p2p or not, usually getting there in 1-3 days, while others take months. 

Having a sub didnt seem to help DDO, LotRO, SWTOR, Aion, Tera, (insert other P2P to f2p game here).  Of course you'll say, well they were all bad games, well then does that mean that EvE, WoW and Rift are the only good games to come out in the last, what is it now? 8-10 years?

The market is changing, there is still a place for p2p but it will have to do even MORE to justify the monthly cost when there are many other alternatives.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by botrytis

It was open beta and I don't think they are wiping characters so he will be lvl 60 when it releases.

correct

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=849741

Early Access Exclusives for Neverwinter Founders

Five days Open Beta early access for Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers.

Three days Open Beta early access for Guardian of Neverwinter Pack purchasers.

Note: There will be no character wipes after April 25th.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

I will never understand why people rush to max level in games, especially when the game isn't even "out yet".  Does anybody actually enjoy the journey of just enjoying a game without hitting max level anymore?  Can't wait to see the posts from this guy in a month or so about them complaining about how "bored they are" and theres "no end game blah blah blah" even with the foundry system...

I personally like to take my time and enjoy everything and don't worry about hitting the highest level as fast as possible...

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    From the way Cryptic is speaking, it's pretty obvious they are depending on players to create the majority of the game's content with the Foundry, which is fine to the extent that it better not be an excuse for them to slack on professionally made content additions to the game.  It's one thing to allow player created content, quite another to be lazy about it.  It's getting stupidly crazy with game production costs, yet quality seems to be going down hill with every new game's release.  I guess modern development is on the same bandwagon as the supposed casuals gamers who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

• hardiconhardicon Member UncommonPosts: 335
    so sad, max level in 2 days. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Grats? I somewhat feel sorry for them, but different people, different playstyles I guess...

Originally posted by Maelwydd

Basically the picture is on a man and woman in bed. The woman looks really pissed off and the man has his arms up in the air and is shouting "I WIN, I WIN".

This :)

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Katilla

I will never understand why people rush to max level in games, especially when the game isn't even "out yet".  Does anybody actually enjoy the journey of just enjoying a game without hitting max level anymore?  Can't wait to see the posts from this guy in a month or so about them complaining about how "bored they are" and theres "no end game blah blah blah" even with the foundry system...

I personally like to take my time and enjoy everything and don't worry about hitting the highest level as fast as possible...

To answer that question, obviously the answer is "No". It's something that's become so common in games since 2004. The last game I remember that took any amount of time to level at all was vanilla WoW, and even then you were only looking at a month to 6 weeks. Beta testers had an advantage and some of those did it much faster.

I remember levelling my first char in DAoC and thinking it was indecent to hit the level cap in just 3 months. I mean sriously, 3 months? Too easy!

But that's todays market. Any game that expects players to spend 6 months levelling is instantly labelled a grind and nobody wants to play it.

But any game that allows a player to hit the cap in under a month has serious design flaws IMHO. Unfortunately that seems to be everything that's come out lately.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    From the way Cryptic is speaking, it's pretty obvious they are depending on players to create the majority of the game's content with the Foundry, which is fine to the extent that it better not be an excuse for them to slack on professionally made content additions to the game.  It's one thing to allow player created content, quite another to be lazy about it.  It's getting stupidly crazy with game production costs, yet quality seems to be going down hill with every new game's release.  I guess modern development is on the same bandwagon as the supposed casuals gamers who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

What I fear will be the case.  They already have the burden of creating classes and the list is long already even for just the basic core classes (Paladin, Bard, Barbarian, Ranger, Druid, Monk to include multiple sepcs of said said like the Gaurdian and GWF Fighter on top of addions to the launch classes like melee Cleric and not this laser pewpew crap) which is no simple matter.  The Foundry is a great feature, however the lack of actual DM events or enabling Persistent Worlds to be created was a huge mistake and all in all the Foundry is too limiting.  Easy to use is great but not at the cost of limiting the creations.  90% of the modules at NWN Vault are really meh or lackluster modules with only a handful actually worth the play time.  Neverwinter's Foundry is going to be no different I'd wager. 

Then there is the issue of copyrights, will creators be able to creat much beloved games like Icewind Dale or the Baulder's Gate series? If the Foundry could do that then I'd see some serious quality, however what I've seen of the Foundry it's too limiting to faithfully recreate such beloved titles if copyright was not an issue.

Already there are claims of how Neverwitner isn't D&D at all and is just a WoWification typical themepark MMO.  Time will tell how it ends but I have my doubts about the game.  Would love to be proven wrong as I would love to see a great D&D MMO but it seems like the decades old NWN 1&2 PWs will still be the best D&D MMO or closest thing to it and everything else is just some WoW bastardization of a much loved IP.

• hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64
    He hit the level cap...now what??? ....a trip to DisneyLand?
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Katilla

I really enjoyed leveling in SWTOR a lot more than hitting cap.  Once you finished your story line mission the game really did feel over.

I am still slowly working my way though TSW.  I don't play it much maybe a few hours a week or so but I'm still in the desert just doing random things.  I love how you can go back and do old missions again.  The Acadamy quests are my personal favorite series by far in that game so I probably do the entire set once a month or so not to mention getting distracted by trying different weapon builds.

Some games are made to enjoy the journey and some really are not.  Neverwinter doesn't really offer much to people during the process of leveling in the way of interesting quest ilnes or locations so it's the kind of game that people will see leveling more as a hurdle to get over rather than a journey.  That doesn't make it a bad game just one more focused on end game than ones like SWTOR or TSW might be.

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220

Why does anyone else care how he chooses to spend his time or money, or how he chooses to play the game? 

Personally I don't like rushing, but good luck to those who do.  

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by BrucyBonus

Why does anyone else care how he chooses to spend his time or money, or how he chooses to play the game? 

Personally I don't like rushing, but good luck to those who do.  

Fuel for the hate wagon pretty much and attempts to potray it was P2W since it was done with AD for rush jobs.  P2W is way to subjective to say X game is P2W... well at least in this case while D3 is more cut n dry P2W since once buys gear via RMT.  At least that is from what I understand, never bought the game but know items are sold in that real money auction house.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Originally posted by furbans

Already there are claims of how Neverwitner isn't D&D at all and is just a WoWification typical themepark MMO.  Time will tell how it ends but I have my doubts about the game.  Would love to be proven wrong as I would love to see a great D&D MMO but it seems like the decades old NWN 1&2 PWs will still be the best D&D MMO or closest thing to it and everything else is just some WoW bastardization of a much loved IP.

Have you even played the game?  Its not so much a WoWification as its a Diablofication.  Originally, it was revealed as an Online Action RPG.  The original intent was to provide an online experience similar to that of the Diablo series (persistant characters on a server with content experienced in a group or solo) with the addition of the foundry.

The MMO trappings were picked up shortly after Cryptic was acquired by PW.  Taken for what it is, the game is fun.  Yeah its Dungeons and Dragons... but it is an action rpg take on the Dungeons and Dragons system.  For me, it works well like that.  Yeah, I do wish the class system was more open-ended like the pen and paper system.  However, I found each class to be fun and unique enough.

Kind of like Defiance, this isn't a "MMO" your going to sit and devote all of your gaming time to.  This is going to be a game you jump in from time to time for some fun, quick action (solo, co-op, pvp, etc...)

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The game is made from Cryptic, is this really any surprise?  Just wait for all the threads of fans after 30 to 60 days of play when the newness wears off and they realize the game is exactly like all other Cryptic games, short on content and high on P2W.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I think it is more fail than gratz. Why would anyone want to rush to max level? It might be just me, but I like to take my time and soak in the content. If he did it by buying diamonds, or whatever, I am definitely not impressed.