Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch Notes Released 24 April

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

New patch notes up!  Book publishing, Molva and Lykiator added to mounts, a bunch of pet stuff, among other things.  Looks interesting.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-1-72-00-08.87254/

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

This is all fine and good- But does anyone find it odd that patch notes were released on the 24th  and its nearly the 29th and still no patch that I am aware of? Isnt it odd to l;ist a bunch of fixes and changes which may or may not need a patch to FIX the patch and probably a patch to fix the patch to fix the patch?

I mean, on paper this patch looks great. Tons of things fixed- But here we are 5 days later and stilll no patch. Its like celebraing Graduating high School when you have not even got the results of your "finals" and are barely hanging on as it is.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

Shouldn't take long to remove and address the terrible GM issue they've had since BETA. Should take however long it takes to say the following sentence... 'Discord you're fired'.

Nothing's changed on the GM front mate, nothing.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Genadi

Shouldn't take long to remove and address the terrible GM issue they've had since BETA. Should take however long it takes to say the following sentence... 'Discord you're fired'.

Nothing's changed on the GM front mate, nothing.

fair enough then that is somthing they need to sort out.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

This is all fine and good- But does anyone find it odd that patch notes were released on the 24th  and its nearly the 29th and still no patch that I am aware of? Isnt it odd to l;ist a bunch of fixes and changes which may or may not need a patch to FIX the patch and probably a patch to fix the patch to fix the patch?

I mean, on paper this patch looks great. Tons of things fixed- But here we are 5 days later and stilll no patch. Its like celebraing Graduating high School when you have not even got the results of your "finals" and are barely hanging on as it is.

Meh, almost every MMO release patchnotes ahead of the actual patch to gather feedback and let people prepare for it.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Toferio

Meh, almost every MMO release patchnotes ahead of the actual patch to gather feedback and let people prepare for it.

Yes, most MMO's I have played release patch notes before the patch goes LIVE. Agreed.

-But with MO it seems like they hype a patch weeks or Months before it goes LIVE and the Patch never works right anyhow or doesnt containwhat it initially says. Its a pattern I see here.

Most games release patch notes, then patch a day or three later- MO releases patch notes, hypes it (like posting the notes here before there is any patch- I never see this...) and then goes silent for weeks. patch releases, is broken for another few weeks while everything is silent on SV's end and posts are deleted, censored. These Patch notes (posted here) are never updated to what works/doesnt/is missing etc... Its just...Sad...

EDIT: By the time they get around to releasing the patch this post wil be buried 10 pages back... This would be like me telling my wife that I have cleaned, organized and scrubbed the garage but not let her see it... I keep telling her all the things I have done (organized Paint by color, hung all tools up, scrubbed concrete, labelewd chemicals, etc..)  in a big huge list. By the time I actually let her see the garage its MONTHS Later and I claim "well, it WAS clean but got messed up again"- I know thats a bad example but I am sure you get my point... Things with MO are ALWAYS hyped before they go LIVE (hyped as much as possible for as LONG as possible)  once they can wait no longer and HAVE to release the Patch (or expansion or whatever) it never comes close to what was promised and everything goes "quuiet" until they Hype the next (not yet released) thing.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Yes, most MMO's I have played release patch notes before the patch goes LIVE. Agreed.

-But with MO it seems like they hype a patch weeks or Months before it goes LIVE and the Patch never works right anyhow or doesnt containwhat it initially says. Its a pattern I see here.

Most games release patch notes, then patch a day or three later- MO releases patch notes, hypes it (like posting the notes here before there is any patch- I never see this...) and then goes silent for weeks. patch releases, is broken for another few weeks while everything is silent on SV's end and posts are deleted, censored. These Patch notes (posted here) are never updated to what works/doesnt/is missing etc... Its just...Sad...

EDIT: By the time they get around to releasing the patch this post wil be buried 10 pages back... This would be like me telling my wife that I have cleaned, organized and scrubbed the garage but not let her see it... I keep telling her all the things I have done (organized Paint by color, hung all tools up, scrubbed concrete, labelewd chemicals, etc..)  in a big huge list. By the time I actually let her see the garage its MONTHS Later and I claim "well, it WAS clean but got messed up again"- I know thats a bad example but I am sure you get my point... Things with MO are ALWAYS hyped before they go LIVE (hyped as much as possible for as LONG as possible)  once they can wait no longer and HAVE to release the Patch (or expansion or whatever) it never comes close to what was promised and everything goes "quuiet" until they Hype the next (not yet released) thing.

Patch is up.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/the-patch-lives.87471/

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Does anyone really care anymore? I mean, not to sound snarky  but hasn't the population dwindled to the point that it is safe to say the game is dead?

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    Does anyone really care anymore? I mean, not to sound snarky  but hasn't the population dwindled to the point that it is safe to say the game is dead?

Someone better tell Henrick:

Today we are releasing a very important patch that significantly improves the game performance, to better support large scale population

:-)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by kakasaki
    Does anyone really care anymore?

Slapshot cares ;)

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

R u kidding me? You can say alot of things bout SV, but they sure as hell don't go silent when they release a patch. Both Henrik and Sebastian are listening and responding to threads about issues that arise once patches goes live. You can't have visited the MO forums alot lately when you puke out lies like this. Here are the threads from the latest patch notes after they went live:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-1-73-00-03-discussion.87637/

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/discussion-patch-notes-1-72-00-08.87255/page-3

If you call that SV going "silent for weeks", then you need to have those eyes of yours examined. And then say that posts are being deleted. You have no clue. If people give contructive feedback on patches etc, SV will answer it and let it stay. I haven't seen anything being deleted except for a guy that went all racist outside these patchnotes and had his posts being deleted and prolly got a temp ban as well.

Originally posted by Lahuzer

If you call that SV going "silent for weeks", then you need to have those eyes of yours examined. And then say that posts are being deleted. You have no clue. If people give contructive feedback on patches etc, SV will answer it and let it stay. I haven't seen anything being deleted except for a guy that went all racist outside these patchnotes and had his posts being deleted and prolly got a temp ban as well.

That's rather weird logic. The purpose of deleting posts is that you won't see them, and as you are not on forums 24/7 you can't claim no posts are being deleted, you just didn't manage seeing them in time. 

That's rather weird logic. The purpose of deleting posts is that you won't see them, and as you are not on forums 24/7 you can't claim no posts are being deleted, you just didn't manage seeing them in time. 

I once met this guy in game to "live stream" the experience because he claimed it was "GREAT" and all the bugs were fixed...

Servers crashed after 5 minutes and were down for hours...

Bottom line... I would take all his claims with a grain of salt... or two...

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Well, that's it. The guy claiming that SV "goes silent for weeks", says post being deleted, sure have no clue, since he clearly never even visits MO forums.

Ofc I'm not there 24/7, but I'm there alot, and sure have a better grasp then this guy, and there is alot of negative posts bout patches etc that stays. As I said, as long as people are contructive in their criticism, it won't get deleted. If people act like morons and bring up stuff that has nothing to do with the latest patch notes or whatever, it can be deleted, and should be deleted. But often you'll get a "Let's stay on topic" reply.

Bottom line was that when he claimed that SV "goes silent for week after releasing a patch", and then also claims that posts are being censored, sure don't have a clue, and shouldn't be taken all to serious.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

I once met this guy in game to "live stream" the experience because he claimed it was "GREAT" and all the bugs were fixed...

Servers crashed after 5 minutes and were down for hours...

Bottom line... I would take all his claims with a grain of salt... or two...

lol. Well I remember this time. But for the record. I've NEVER said that all of MOs bugs were fixed. I'm very well aware of MOs bugs and have stated that over and over again. But I clearly could see the funny part of the incident you talk about. But for one that plays DFUW, like both of us do, you know all to well, that servers can crash. The only funny thing here was that it did so when I was suppose to show you around in MO. You took it as "the game still sucked". I wonder how you manage in DFUW if your THAT picky...? Or was I right all along when I said that you were just one of them ol DF fans that runs all over internet to badmouth MO?

Cause you keep coming here doing your best to make MO look bad. Isn't it time you moved on soon? Since you enjoy the bug infested DFUW, you sure must be able to let MO go for it's bugs at least right?

And let's not forget them discs that you raged about that didn't get send out to every1 from SV after launch, and that they took money if you didn't unsub after the first month. Those bastards!!! You must love it when AV now does the same thing and also suprises most of the playerbase just days before most will be billed again. Most people thought they would be billed on the 15th of june, and now, it changed to the 16th of may, even 15th of may for some, even two different dates for a guy that bought two accounts at the same time. I'm lookig forward to reading you rage like crazy on DFUW section here after this stunt that AV pulled. Right? My guess is that you will keep on focusing on MO.

But my offer still stands. If you want some1 to show you the ropes in MO, I give you a helping hand. They've done a nice patch that did alot for the performance in game. So wanna see if the server crashes or not again? Hell, we could prolly do it when the server crashes on DFUW. To fill the time we wait til it goes up again. ;)

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

@Lahuzer You don't need to be a fanboy for the competition to bad-mouth MO. You just need to give it a try. :)

And for anyone who is interested in MO, watch some live-streaming before downloading the game, might save you some time.

Originally posted by BTrayaL

@Lahuzer You don't need to be a fanboy for the competition to bad-mouth MO. You just need to give it a try. :)

And for anyone who is interested in MO, watch some live-streaming before downloading the game, might save you some time.

To be fair that could be said about ANY game out there. In my eyes most live streams suck. You never get the feel for a game if your not the one controlling the character. I would recommend any1 to test all games out there that they might be interested in when it's f2p, and get yourself your own opinion. Not get choked by either fanbois or haters.

But my offer still stands. If you want some1 to show you the ropes in MO, I give you a helping hand. They've done a nice patch that did alot for the performance in game. So wanna see if the server crashes or not again? Hell, we could prolly do it when the server crashes on DFUW. To fill the time we wait til it goes up again. ;)

I will never.. EVER put that game back on my drive again...

As for DF.. theres a forum for that game.  There are some issues with the game but it's not even in the same league as MO regarding that...

If AV screws people the way SV did.. those folks should tar and feather them.  Companies need to be held accountable for their behavior.  Whether I like the game or not has zero to do with that basic premise.

As for DF.. theres a forum for that game.  There are some issues with the game but it's not even in the same league as MO regarding that...

If AV screws people the way SV did.. those folks should tar and feather them.  Companies need to be held accountable for their behavior.  Whether I like the game or not has zero to do with that basic premise.

Well, then I look forward to reading you rage on their section here then. Looking forward to ≈3000 posts of anger towards AV. ;)

I'm not the hating type myself. You won't see me rage on their forums or their section here. At least not over 3000 posts. If I don't like a game, I might post something about my issues, and then leave. I think AV is handling all that shit quite bad, but I'm not suprised, and it isn't why I now unsubbed. It's because the performance for me with the load lag and silly ping spikes is ruining the PVP completely. As I said on their forums I will keep my eyes on the forum to see if people playing the game that had the issue will see a change to the better, then I might sub again. I won't take AVs word for fixing it that's for sure. But right now harvesting for 15 bucks a month doesn't cut it for me.

So now I'm back at MO and have gotten a increase in performance with ≈40FPS. And I could test it first for free to see if it actually worked for me. I hope AV goes f2p soon as well, so me and others could test to see if shit like perfromance is fixed or not.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

Well, then I look forward to reading you rage on their section here then. Looking forward to ≈3000 posts of anger towards AV. ;)

I'm not the hating type myself. You won't see me rage on their forums or their section here. At least not over 3000 posts. If I don't like a game, I might post something about my issues, and then leave. I think AV is handling all that shit quite bad, but I'm not suprised, and it isn't why I now unsubbed. It's because the performance for me with the load lag and silly ping spikes is ruining the PVP completely. As I said on their forums I will keep my eyes on the forum to see if people playing the game that had the issue will see a change to the better, then I might sub again. I won't take AVs word for fixing it that's for sure. But right now harvesting for 15 bucks a month doesn't cut it for me.

So now I'm back at MO and have gotten a increase in performance with ≈40FPS. And I could test it first for free to see if it actually worked for me. I hope AV goes f2p soon as well, so me and others could test to see if shit like perfromance is fixed or not.

So let me understand exactly what you re saying here. You unsubbed from Darkfall UW cause you find the pergormance bad a couple of weeks after release and at the same time you keep on playing MO, advertising it in any given chance, attacking every single person dislikes it after 3 years of poor performance, nodelines, server crashes that lasted weekends, invisible zergs, more server crashes, rubberbanding, rediculous precision and tones of people who exploiting it to get advantage over others etc etc , cause bad performance of DUW was ruining the pvp completely.... Sounds legitimate.

P.S. i dont play DUW cause of its bad state but i will surely try it when and if the game turns in a playable state. Will not even bother trying again MO cause simply will never be playable due to the incompetence of the wannabe dev and the terrible ways of SV and the chilren behind it, that decided to play th game of "running a company" with their friends.

If they screw ME, I will happily do likewise but so far that is not the case.   Sorry you are having issues.. personally I have all my settings turned down except clipping and I can get FPS as high as the 280s... it dips to under 100 when a ton of people are around but it's been liquid smooth for me so far.   I have crashed twice in PvP which is annoying but twice in however many battles I have had is pretty good.  

I hope AV NEVER makes it a F2P game.. that would be a nightmare...

If they screw ME, I will happily do likewise but so far that is not the case.   Sorry you are having issues.. personally I have all my settings turned down except clipping and I can get FPS as high as the 280s... it dips to under 100 when a ton of people are around but it's been liquid smooth for me so far.   I have crashed twice in PvP which is annoying but twice in however many battles I have had is pretty good.  

So you mean that you were the ONLY one that had his renewal date set at may 16th all the time, while the rest of us, that got the game before and in beta, had it set in june. I had the 15th of june myself. And a week before the 16th of may have it changed to a month earlier? Allow me to call BS on that one. Sure the date set to june 16th was set during beta, but most peeps thought it counted since the game has been down alot etc. And to not go out and say that they changed the date is, how shall I put it, well, shady to say the least. And let me get this right, you don't care if they screw others over, as long as they don't screw you? Gotcha.

It's very weird that some, or even most peeps, me among them, and mind you, I can run Planetside 2 on highest settings etc and have no problem, but we can't play DFUW without constant loadlag and ping spikes. Then some, mostly fanbois as it seems, claim they have no problems what so ever with the game, and also play the game on laptops etc to prove how good it runs. Well, I can't say it ain't true, but I know what monster computer I have, and that I still suffer, mostly from the INSANE ping spikes that freezes the screen for 3-4 secs, and that completely ruins PVP in the game. And the game doesn't have ANYTHING else going for it right now then PVP. Two guys, outa 60ish in my clan say it runs well, while the rest of us suffers. So it might be that 1 outa 50 can play it smooth while the rest suffers. But as long as it doesn't happen to you, then I guess it ain't a problem...

[mod edit]

Edit. Since the post I answered has been deleted.

It's very weird that some, or even most peeps, me among them, and mind you, I can run Planetside 2 on highest settings etc and have no problem, but we can't play DFUW without constant loadlag and ping spikes. Then some, mostly fanbois as it seems, claim they have no problems what so ever with the game, and also play the game on laptops etc to prove how good it runs. Well, I can't say it ain't true, but I know what monster computer I have, and that I still suffer, mostly from the INSANE ping spikes that freezes the screen for 3-4 secs, and that completely ruins PVP in the game. And the game doesn't have ANYTHING else going for it right now then PVP. Two guys, outa 60ish in my clan say it runs well, while the rest of us suffers. So it might be that 1 outa 50 can play it smooth while the rest suffers. But as long as it doesn't happen to you, then I guess it ain't a problem...

Replace "DFUW" with "Mortal Online" and it will still be 100% true. I've got a pretty good PC yet MO is only one that suffers from fps and sync issues. But hey, as long as it doesn't happen to you I guess it ain't a problem, eh?

Replace "DFUW" with "Mortal Online" and it will still be 100% true. I've got a pretty good PC yet MO is only one that suffers from fps and sync issues. But hey, as long as it doesn't happen to you I guess it ain't a problem, eh?

Well, I did have problems with MO before the latest performance patch. But it did wonders for both me and alot others. I'm guessing you haven't tried it after the latest patch since your one of MOs most infamous critics here alongside Slappy and Hancakes.

Edit. And you won't find thread after thread about performance issues on MO forums now. While DFUW forums is flooded with them.

So you mean that you were the ONLY one that had his renewal date set at may 16th all the time, while the rest of us, that got the game before and in beta, had it set in june. I had the 15th of june myself. And a week before the 16th of may have it changed to a month earlier? Allow me to call BS on that one. Sure the date set to june 16th was set during beta, but most peeps thought it counted since the game has been down alot etc. And to not go out and say that they changed the date is, how shall I put it, well, shady to say the least. And let me get this right, you don't care if they screw others over, as long as they don't screw you? Gotcha.

I have no idea whatsoever if my date showed June at some point.  Last time I checked I think it showed February.  I simply assumed that I would be billed a month after release as that's what they said would happen...

I am certainly not a fanboy... This is not a longterm game for me.  I'm thinking 6 months or so (about as long as I played DF1), but you never know.  Here is my system (nice but certainly not a monster)

I5-3750K

Radeon 7950

8GB RAM

250 GB SSD

It could certainly be the SSD that makes the difference.  I will never, EVER buy a computer without one again.  I can regularly get FPS over 280 in some places... I have all settings low/off except for clipping.  It is very rare that it ever drops below 100.  If you have PINGSPIKES... that seems to be something related to your network or a hop between you and the server and nothing to do with your system...

There is a siege nearby tonight involving EMPIRE which is a huge newbie clan (300+).  I will probably go scroach some.. I'll let you know how it goes... if it's going to clog up I imagine it will be tonight.