Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not looking at it like an MMO (in a good way)

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Personally, I have some interest in this game. But I'm not looking at it as an MMO. I'm looking at is as a bigger online version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

This isn't a knock on the game, but in an MMO I expect to have some semblence of a personal character and not a literal copy of everyone else. But as an online ARPG such as Diablo TL2 etc. I can accept this style of gameplay.

I think a lot of people are getting hung up on how it's being billed as an MMO and it doesn't look or feel like one. I'll be curious to play the beta this weekend and if it feels good I'll definitely shell out to get a founders pack.

It's certainly no DCUO which was a very unique approach to placing hundreds of individual Superheroes into a pre-existing IP. That game didn't do everything right of course but it was/is still a really cool DC MMO.

Comments

• LegendtriggerLegendtrigger Member Posts: 39
    y, im excited about this game, if i like the beta weekend i will buy a pack.
  • GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

the Game is Marvel Ultimate Alliance only with 1 Heroe instead of 4.

it is a perfect carcon copy.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I am not looking at it like a MMO. Heck, i don't look at any games because of its genre. It is about whether a game is fun, not whether it is a "proper" MMO.

I do compare it to MUA and i found that it is a less polished, but has potential. It would be a good game if some of the problems are fixed.

• ego13ego13 Member Posts: 267
    Originally posted by Giddian

the Game is Marvel Ultimate Alliance only with 1 Heroe instead of 4.

it is a perfect carcon copy.

Kind of....with more gear choices and crafting and all that crap.

M:UA + Diablo.....sadly it's still kinda mediocre.

If they gave it true controller support and made it like M:UA....I'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

Just because every car has similar features doesn't mean that Ferraris are copies of Model Ts. Progress requires failure and refining.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

F2P. I will goof on it. I don't find it to be a great game. Not by a long shot.

I agree. mediocre best discribes this game.