Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Future of the CU Forums: Deleted or Locked?

So if CU doesn't fund, would you rather see the CU forums on this site deleted completely or locked but viewable?

Comments

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61
    Deleted.
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

OH, I actually thought this thread was going the other way.

since it IS going to fund, what should come of these forums once the backers forums are set up?

they wouldn't need to go anywhere, since there would still be a lot of potential players after development, than backers in the internal/alpha/beta.

Say there's 10k-12k backers after it ends, there may be upwards of 40-60k PLAYERS at launch, (who knows, could be more or less). Regardless the point is I'm sure the people not in the backers forums will still want to hear what's going on.

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Tuktz

OH, I actually thought this thread was going the other way.

since it IS going to fund, what should come of these forums once the backers forums are set up?

they wouldn't need to go anywhere, since there would still be a lot of potential players after development, than backers in the internal/alpha/beta.

Say there's 10k-12k backers after it ends, there may be upwards of 40-60k PLAYERS at launch, (who knows, could be more or less). Regardless the point is I'm sure the people not in the backers forums will still want to hear what's going on.

With on a week left and still only at 2/3 funding makes the project's future uncertain at best.

Still how bout keeping to the thread's topic instead of tooting your horn trying to defend your MMO?  The question is if the forums be locked or deleted if the poject fails.

Delete em I say since there is no point in maintaining records on a failed project.

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    I think it would required to find out what the developer is actually going to do first
  • TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Since it's 70% funded with still over a week to go, I think it's just as reasonable to discuss what should happen to the CU forums here after it funds, as it is reasonable to discuss if it doesn't.

Nobody knows at this point which way it will go, so myswell discuss all the possibilities.

Besides, I answered the subject line of his post, because that's why I clicked on the thread in the first place. I just didn't know until I read further he was making a negative assumption haha. I prefer to make positive assumptions, but hey I guess I'm an optimist (with everything, not just CU mind you).

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

So if CU doesn't fund, would you rather see the CU forums on this site deleted completely or locked but viewable?

A quick look around shows that other games that either closed down (City of Heroes) or never released (Dominus) still have viewable forums here, so at a minimum I'd expect this one to be locked but viewable.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

SWG no longer exists but the forum is still open and active and there are other examples if only the OP checked.

End of thread, if only the OP would have taken 30 seconds to look around instead of posting an intentionally inflammatory thread.

This one reeks of trolling, probably a lock, definitely a warning, possibly a ban.

Enjoy.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    The forums are likely to remain. This is consistent with other canceled MMO projects whose forums still exist here on the site.
This discussion has been closed.