Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Craftalot

naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

Crafting looks interesting.......but I'm ready for an update vey day hat has nothing to do with crafting and everything to do with RvR classes, mechanics and philosophy.

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by naezgul

Crafting looks interesting.......but I'm ready for an update vey day hat has nothing to do with crafting and everything to do with RvR classes, mechanics and philosophy.

You, I, and a lot of other people are ready for that.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61
    And it's coming this week. Woohoo !
  • DeanMalincoDeanMalinco Member Posts: 26

great timing...1 week before deadline.....ugh

why not reveal the meat and potatoes at the start of the kickstarter campaign? it is what EVERYONE has been waiting for, not crappy animation videos about crafting.

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

Hey I posted this exact same thing earlier you....

RvC? MAOC?  Realms vs. Crafters or Minecraft age of Camelot.

I understand the crafting is supposed to by unique different paramount, blah blah blah I want RvR stuff!!!!

The KS is more than 3/4 of the way done and I think it is waaay too late to already be trying to talk about this.  That should have been the first things posted!

I really think Mark was kind of full of himself and think that more people were going to latch on to his vision.  Maybe in the past we would have, but now we are jaded and more educated and don’t want just walls of words!

Z.

• AeodoAeodo Member Posts: 61
    If they release a crappy animation video about RvR, classes, races, progression system, you'll be mad?
    Maybe, but at least I will know more about RvR/Classes then I do now. If the animation and presentation is shitty then....I won't be surprised. Everything else in terms of marketing/press release/control of information has been  terrible to date. I can get past it all if they would just give us some insight into the area of the game EVERYONE is interested in. Waiting this long to reveal it is....well.... just fucking dumb.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Prior to crafting update there was very little information on crafting.

Perhaps show some patience and wait for the RvR and class updates?

You stay sassy!

No offense but ....patience is past for the majority of people on the fence. The bulk of the information they are waiting on will come within a couple days of the kickstarter ending. Seems pretty ass backwards to me...and I pledged on day 1 of the kickstarter out pure faith. I still think that the flow of information and the quality in which the information has been presented from CSE has been very poor. Just my opinion, but I just hope that it does not hurt the creation of the game by presenting the most valueable information so close to the end of the campaign.
    Originally posted by Tamanous

I understand and will but there is 7 days left.  Isn't this when stretch goals are supposed to be happening? I know they aren’t because they haven’t met the goal but the whole flow seems to be jumbled. RvR revolutionary games start with RvR.  Crafting is cool, but this is and RvR game not a crafting game!

Originally posted by DeanMalinco
    No offense but ....patience is past for the majority of people on the fence. The bulk of the information they are waiting on will come within a couple days of the kickstarter ending. Seems pretty ass backwards to me...and I pledged on day 1 of the kickstarter out pure faith. I still think that the flow of information and the quality in which the information has been presented from CSE has been very poor. Just my opinion, but I just hope that it does not hurt the creation of the game by presenting the most valueable information so close to the end of the campaign.

No Dean and I don't know each other but we ended up typing just about the same damn thing.  Coincidence?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Zeymere

I understand and will but there is 7 days left.  Isn't this when stretch goals are supposed to be happening? I know they aren’t because they haven’t met the goal but the whole flow seems to be jumbled. RvR revolutionary games start with RvR.  Crafting is cool, but this is and RvR game not a crafting game!

Most people are waiting for this and I think many will agree with you, I know I do.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Well everyone can guess what happens in RvR ... players playing classes run around and beat the shit out of each other and buildings around the world. How crafting and other mechanics that are new to the concept are less known and it seems they want to address this first.

Planning what classes there are has no impact on global game design. It still comes down to a bunch of characters beating the shit out things. What those things are and why the beat on them is the important stuff. I fully agree tons of info is still missing but some are less important than others. I'd love to know classes, powers and how gameplay will be but all that could change even up until a few months from release and still have little impact on the core game concept. If they change the "Red Mage" to a "Blue Mage" it won't change anything about RvR.

I do hope they have time for some eye opening updates though.

You stay sassy!

• LawtoweenLawtoween Member UncommonPosts: 103
    While I believe too much is being made out of what has not been revealed.  I do agree that the order should have been the FPs, the class archetypes (not just that there are five = tank, healer, caster, hybrid, crafter), stealth or not, the world concept (open vs. instanced), then crafting, followed by the stretch goals.  And they could mix in stuff about the engine and other techie details where ever.  They should have had a plan for which day each reveal would come, before they actually launched and had the updates in the can at least two days before putting them out there (unless it was a live demo).  So I agree the order and execution was not very good, but the content so far has been beyond my expectations on almost every point.
  • kaltahnkaltahn Member Posts: 31
    The "Save the Best For Last" tactic became a tactic because it's just so darn effective.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You guys might want to check out the "dark age of minecraft" server mod while you wait.
  • naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

Latest update=more crafting

And while it looks fantastic and doable, I just didn't need to see it.

still looking for combat mechanics, general vision of CC, leveling, what stats will characters have, UI setup, 

group numbers, will there be knock backs/pulls/leaps(god I hope not), and a myriad of others

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Latest update=more crafting

And while it looks fantastic and doable, I just didn't need to see it.

still looking for combat mechanics, general vision of CC, leveling, what stats will characters have, UI setup, 

group numbers, will there be knock backs/pulls/leaps(god I hope not), and a myriad of others

SInce they don't even have the game engine developed. I doubt they know any of the at al. They have been just espousing basic development philosophy. THat is all we have right now.

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187

Well everyone can guess what happens in RvR ... players playing classes run around and beat the shit out of each other and buildings around the world. How crafting and other mechanics that are new to the concept are less known and it seems they want to address this first.

Planning what classes there are has no impact on global game design. It still comes down to a bunch of characters beating the shit out things. What those things are and why the beat on them is the important stuff. I fully agree tons of info is still missing but some are less important than others. I'd love to know classes, powers and how gameplay will be but all that could change even up until a few months from release and still have little impact on the core game concept. If they change the "Red Mage" to a "Blue Mage" it won't change anything about RvR.

QFT.  I hear you, brother.

If you are not energized by CSE's concepts and the way they handle their business by now, then you probably are not going to be swayed by anything at this stage of development.

I do not need to know the mechanics of interrupt timing for a tanky fighter in defensive stance to know I want to bloody my shield across your face with great ferocity and frequency. 

For those that need to be assured their favorite class/pet/feature/mechanic/trope is being implemented exactly as they desire, I would say, "Make your own damn game."

I am sticking with the CSE vision and fully accept that overall philosophy and design concepts are more crucial than specific details at this stage of development.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by meddyck

You, I, and a lot of other people are ready for that.

^

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Prepare yourselves for a demo video that looks like it was made in 10 minutes.
  • DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Prepare yourselves for a demo video that looks like it was made in 10 minutes.

23 minutes actually

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by TigsKC

QFT.  I hear you, brother.

If you are not energized by CSE's concepts and the way they handle their business by now, then you probably are not going to be swayed by anything at this stage of development.

I do not need to know the mechanics of interrupt timing for a tanky fighter in defensive stance to know I want to bloody my shield across your face with great ferocity and frequency. 

For those that need to be assured their favorite class/pet/feature/mechanic/trope is being implemented exactly as they desire, I would say, "Make your own damn game."

I am sticking with the CSE vision and fully accept that overall philosophy and design concepts are more crucial than specific details at this stage of development. 

image image

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    ^  I agree with his agreement

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• GalidenGaliden Member Posts: 12
    I was a backer from day one and just recently pulled my pledge, because the lack of rvr updates and the addition of the Depths. I was a huge rvr fan but hated aggromon and darkness falls type areas. I still love the concept of this game but the kickstarter has been terribly unorganized and shortsided. It went off on several tangents, and is down to 7 days and just about ready to talk rvr. It can still win me back. Some of the backers have been just as damaging as the naysayers at this point. Get to the pvp in your pvp game already. I really hope this game funds, but if it doesn't it is nobody's fault but cse. They should have had a better gameplan. This kickstarter was rushed out, and the tier issues are evidence of that.
  • ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic Member Posts: 222

http://camelotunchainedfaq.wikispaces.com/Chasing+Mark+-+Daily+Q%26A

Apparently there is some concern about a lot of the recent info focusing on crafting to which Mark provided the following comment:

Without crafters, there are no weapons, armor, buildings, etc. They need(ed) the most time to convince. We have almost done that. Look around at how many people are saying that they will now play crafters or how people are worried about having too many crafters. Three weeks ago people thought I was nuts to do a crafter-only class, that a player-driven economy in a game like this wouldn't work, etc. Now look where we are.

Starting tonight begins the RvR push. Now, I've talked about it a lot in bits and pieces but from now on, at least one update a day from me on RvR.

Selling CU was/is a two step process. It needs both crafters and RvRers in order to succeed. Crafters now know how serious I am about their needs. If I have met/meet them, they will back us. The same is true for RvRers beginning tonight.

There's a reason for the path I've chosen to go down. Is it the right one? Who knows. But I bet if you and most people were being honest, I don't think most people would have thought our building/housing/mining systems were going to be as cool. I also think that most of them would have never thought the whole player-driven economy in an RvR-focused game would have worked either. Finally, we have raised almost 1.4M for a niche sub-based game. I know from reading all the forums that I do that fact also surprised a lot of people who were waiting for epic fail (RvR + sub + limited PvE + MJ) and look at where we are. An incredible community who have supported this game with their money, time and affection. I couldn't be prouder.

EDIT :

it was writen in the CSE KS comments, if you want to try and find the original post.